Diablo® III

I was kicked because of HIGH DPS, WTF?

07/12/2014 09:31 PMPosted by EatALot
07/12/2014 09:23 PMPosted by Thanoscopter

The OP shouldn't have been kicked either. I'll be honest, if some 150k dps guy vote kicked me I'd be extremely upset with the vote kick mechanics. Maybe there should be a certain level you get to where you earn privileges like being able to kick. Why should a guy unequipped for T5 be able to boot players who are equipped for T5 in a T5 game? He doesn't have the credentials (gear) to make the decision.

In fact, Blizzard should create a "blacklist" function for players

not just toward substandard players in high torment lvl but also

rift key highjackers (e.g. provided rift keys, non AFK, being strongest in team, being vote out by 3 weak teammates)

We used to be able to /Ignore in D2.
Reply Quote
Lastly we also didn't take into considersation that this group of 3 people could lower their Torment level while in-game. Without exactl knowledge of what these 3 were doing this is just a big he said she said.

Let's get over it and close the 15 minutes of fame on the OP at this point.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:19 PMPosted by Aohige
07/12/2014 09:14 PMPosted by Thanoscopter
@ Aohige....

I read the OP. So I ask you, how was the poor OP supposed to know there were 3 leechers waiting to take advantage of a high DPSer like himself? The way I see it, it's like if a rich guy sat next to three bums in a bar and the bums asked him to pay for their drinks if they talk to him. He said no thanks. I'm trying to make analogies so you guys can understand the DPS difference between his character and the rest of the group. Those guys had no business playing T5 and you know it...

If they were leechers, they would not have kicked him.

Were they equipped to handle T5? No. Should they play on lower difficulty? Yes.
But is it any of your damn business? No.

[/quote]

Yes it's his damn business. If they wanted to be idiots and play T5 with characters that should be farming T1, thats their waste of time and they should have made it a PRIVATE game. Because they made it public, they are wasting EVERYONE's time who joins.

I hate this situation myself. I queue up for T5 and end up in a game where there's some clueless noob with 200k dps or less basically tickling mobs slowing the whole group down.

If you want to "challenge" yourself by playing higher then your character is supposed to be at, cool , make it private, go nuts. Don't make it public.
Reply Quote
This is narcissism at its greatest.

"I was being a #*####%% and got kicked" somehow turns into "I got kicked for my ridiculously high DPS"

That aside, why would you want to play a T5 pub game when the other players are just making it harder for you? Unless of course you're just trying to score some free Rifts because you don't have any fragments?
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:14 PMPosted by Thanoscopter
So I ask you, how was the poor OP supposed to know there were 3 leechers waiting to take advantage of a high DPSer like himself?

If that's what they wanted to do then why would they have kicked him?
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 11:54 PMPosted by Alcovitch
07/12/2014 09:19 PMPosted by Aohige

If they were leechers, they would not have kicked him.

Were they equipped to handle T5? No. Should they play on lower difficulty? Yes.
But is it any of your damn business? No.

Yes it's his damn business. If they wanted to be idiots and play T5 with characters that should be farming T1, thats their waste of time and they should have made it a PRIVATE game. Because they made it public, they are wasting EVERYONE's time who joins.

I hate this situation myself. I queue up for T5 and end up in a game where there's some clueless noob with 200k dps or less basically tickling mobs slowing the whole group down.

If you want to "challenge" yourself by playing higher then your character is supposed to be at, cool , make it private, go nuts. Don't make it public.[/quote]

You do realize this game takes people at all levels. Maybe they don't know how to make a private game. Trust me, there are people out there like that and worse.
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 12:19 AMPosted by Visionhero

I have over 200 more levels than you, and my wd is +700k dps above yours. Does that give me the right to call you noob and kick you out on sight? I don't think so.

Teaming with casuals does indeed slow down the killing, but running ahead and skipping whites while talking trash to the others slows it down even more. Besides, how much time do we lose? 5 more minutes in a full rift? 10? Whining here takes a lot more than that.
Reply Quote
@OP
Just curious, do plan on playing Seasons when they come out?
If you do, are you pretty confident that you will be a BOSS in that too? I am sure you do. Why is that?

I mean, there will be no hand me downs from the chest runs era... there will be no Rift-it-Forward program to milk Kadala with, and you won't have access to your AH-flipping coin that you came over to RoS with.
How will you ensure that you get the drops you will need to make it all happen?
You are a clever fellow right? I am sure everyone told you that growing up, but how will you pull it out when faced with uncontrolled blind-luck.
It will be fun to watch.
I will keep this thread book marked so that I can keep you handy and check you out a month into the Season. If you are just kind of normal like most people then I will bump this thread, and we can discuss it.
Edited by WeaponWorld#1217 on 7/13/2014 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13271237407#1
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 06:18 PMPosted by GOSU
07/12/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Alets

as you can see I have all 6x characters you douche bag. ty for your comment

Have you ever considered the issue is you? Evidently you and socializing are left on the internet, cause in real life you wouldn't get away with it either, bud.

Get out of your cave and try to socialize for reals. Then return.

I'm going to go with this, Alex!

It's evident by OP's comments to others he has a problem socializing like a human being, and I'm sure that angry personalty doesn't bode well in public games.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Eschaton
Well, if any of the attitude in that paragraph I quoted came through it's not surprising. I would have kicked you too. I would have just left myself.

07/13/2014 09:01 AMPosted by Thorgrim
It's evident by OP's comments to others he has a problem socializing like a human being, and I'm sure that angry personalty doesn't bode well in public games.

This exactly.
Edited by AresSupreme#1987 on 7/13/2014 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Public gaming drama. meh
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 04:55 PMPosted by FuzzyPanda
if there was an option i would of kick myself

you made me laugh :D
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 08:10 PMPosted by EatALot
You should be lucky if you didn't provide the rift keys in first place

Public is full of elite players as well as douche-bags

Always check their profile before even playing with them (dont freaking waste time to 3 substandard players in T5)

+1
Reply Quote
Most of the guys who flames @Alets and calls him douchy are low-dps players... I am not surprised... If someone doesnt know his/her place then hell yeah I can call him/her as a leecher, sucker and tell him/her to back off and farm lower level torments till gets ready for t5-t6 and nobody can complain about this.. If you join a party which you are not supposed to be in, then get the !@#$ ready for flaming on you as well.
Edited by inqlor#2115 on 7/13/2014 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dude if you join a game and people are undergeared for you, just leave, don't stir up trouble. Come on now...
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 09:09 PMPosted by Aohige
Did you even bother to read the situation he was in?
The three were not "leeching" off him, they were playing together. He is the one who joined their game.

By the way if they so desperately want to farm in t5-t6 they should play in a private game not "public" and not waste time of anyone.. Just sayin'
Edited by inqlor#2115 on 7/13/2014 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 01:57 AMPosted by WeaponWorld
@OP
Just curious, do plan on playing Seasons when they come out?
If you do, are you pretty confident that you will be a BOSS in that too? I am sure you do. Why is that?

I mean, there will be no hand me downs from the chest runs era... there will be no Rift-it-Forward program to milk Kadala with, and you won't have access to your AH-flipping coin that you came over to RoS with.
You are a clever fellow right? I am sure everyone told you that growing up, but how will you pull it out when faced with uncontrolled blind-luck.
It will be fun to watch.
I will keep this thread book marked so that I can keep you handy and check you out a month into the Season. If you are just kind of normal like most people then I will bump this thread, and we can discuss it.

I hate Ladders since D2 but I will play them because I have no choice. I want to try many builds because that's how I enjoy this game. That's why I play all characters and I've tried many builds, since the lighting wizard, FC/Tosser Barb that noone plays to the jade doctor or 6M DH.

Chest runs? Sorry I didn't play them, so no.
Rift it forward? I'm usually the runner not the opener. I prefer killing stuff than farming shards. Kadala gives me always bad rolls. The best drops have came from monsters.
AH flipping? What kind of retards spent more than 5 min in the AH? Maybe that was your case but not mine my friend.

I geared all my characters, I've found all sets with decent rolls. I've found almost all good items (just need Rimehearth and the ammy that absorb fire) so your question is.

Playing the game just like now? I dind't buy anything OP, I will kill things just like now and I'll find good items, I know it. It's a gambling game and I think I've been blessed by the RNG Gods.
Reply Quote
I have had that happen before but I think it was because the other leachers feared they were next to get kicked. They were probably just sitting in game waiting for someone well geared to carry them and kicked you when you realized what was happening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]