Diablo® III

Diablo 2 Maps in Diablo 3?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Is there every going to be a chance to play All of the old maps That i grew up on in Diablo 3, even being able to play the original classes. Like a new expansion that just ports all of the old maps like, Rouge encampment, or lut golehin? (As you can probably tell I'm bad at spelling) i hope I'm not asking the same question someone else did at some point, i would just really like to play the original paladin, or necromancer
Reply Quote
You play WoW. So do I. Therefore we both know that Blizzard can't recycle anything without fussing with it and changing it. Better to leave it alone although I'd like to see this too as long as they could upgrade the textures without messing with them too much. Would be nice to see a lot of those old tiles in rift levels.
Reply Quote
A lot of areas and monster types in D3 conjure up memories of D2. Also, everytime I squash a bug, snake etc I think of D2.

They did a really good job.
Reply Quote
I wish they would bring back some maps and character classes from Diablo 1 and 2, they already sort of did bring back a little from Diablo 1 with Tristram.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
One thing I never want to see in Diablo 3 is the Lightning Enchanted mosters of Diablo 2. Those wisps... Even with 90 Lightning Resist and absorb somehow they always managed to kill me...

As per the D2 maps on Diablo 3? Yes please!
Reply Quote
I would love to have D1 and D2 maps, story and characters on D3. Each set of characters could have thier own story and only play all together in exploration mode.

The idea would be to bring the old but add a lot of new to it.

I am playing with this idea since long time and the other days i was thinking which skills the old classes could have in D3, over all the ones of D1 which didnt had their own skills (most of the skills were mage ones).

How the sorcerer would be? I think it could have a lot in comon with the other ones but at the same times it could have a touch of madness on it, and could be more summon oriented. This is taking in account what he becomes later. It could be nice that the higher lvl skills show some of that, like if it was a process in which he start like a simple sorcerer but this adventure start to twist him.

It would be nice to have a thread in which people tell how they would like to build those old characters (with D2 is easier but not so much with D1), something like the "build your weapon" thing.
Edited by Dunstan#1721 on 7/13/2014 7:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anything from D2 would only help this game.
Reply Quote
I would love to see them port D1 and D2 into this and make it into an absolutely epic saga.
Reply Quote
Hello, we have people whining now that they hate bounties where they have to go to level two to kill the mobs. I can imagine them trudging thru the jungle in D2 without a map hack.

Outside of the seals for Diablo there was nothing special about the D2 maps too warrant them in D3.
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 09:48 AMPosted by DeadRu
Hello, we have people whining now that they hate bounties where they have to go to level two to kill the mobs. I can imagine them trudging thru the jungle in D2 without a map hack.

Outside of the seals for Diablo there was nothing special about the D2 maps too warrant them in D3.

Ya but people cry over everything, regardless of which decision is made, someones gonna cry.

I also wouldn't take someone who complains about having to go to level 2 of a bounty seriously but that's just me.

I also don't think it's about "special" more than it is just getting more environments into the game that also have a bonus of throwing back to the previous versions. For example, I'd love to see a level of old D1 hell with the Oblivion Knights, vipers, and more.
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 7/13/2014 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
one of the new rifts in the ptr has docks in it like in lut.i was surprised to see something new as far as maps,havent played it to much dont wanna get burnt out for the patch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]