Diablo® III

You are not entitled to get the gear you want

07/12/2014 02:24 PMPosted by SirDerp
There is this misconception that if you play x amount of hours you are entitled to get the gear you want, this is false, rng is rng which is the very core mechanic of the Diablo series, so don't complain why low paragon lvl players get super rare legs while you don't, rng is rng plain and simple.

You're not entitled to get the reaction you want

There is this misconception that if you make x amount of inflammatory troll posts on the diablo forums you are entitled to get the reaction you want, this is fals, rng is rng which is the very core of human intelligence, so don't complain why players with several hours on the forum are getting 50 page flame wars while you don't, rng is rng plain and simple.

Damn that would have been more satisfying if you punctuated a bit more...
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Merc13
There is this misconception that if you play x amount of hours you are entitled to get the gear you want, this is false, rng is rng which is the very core mechanic of the Diablo series, so don't complain why low paragon lvl players get super rare legs while you don't, rng is rng plain and simple.

You don't find it ridiculous that players dump a good amount of money into a game and are not able to get the full experience out of it such as finding the gear they would like to use.

Trading enabled players to get the gear they want to try numerous builds. If trading is never implemented than there should be a way to farm gear in a more streamlined fashion such as certain rift bosses or story mode bosses have a chance to drop such and such item, it could be a ridiculously low chance to drop but at least players know the item is right there and could drop at any time through targeted farming.

You are pretty much advocating paying for a game to not get the full experience out of it, that is ridiculous.

the full experience of the game should not be a big cherry at the end game for you to suck on after you were powerlevelled to the end of the game....

the full experience is the creation of characters through multiple facets......and im talking long term convoluted.....

but the game does not encourage that in any way shape or form....
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:21 PMPosted by Shadow
I don't get the whole concept I see tossed around on these forums.

Let me give an incomplete representation of how I see the threads/posts about it: If in life, you don't get the one job you want, do you complain incessantly about fairness or do you move on and do the best with what comes your way? I work hard to get what I want, but when life doesn't go my way, I make do with the best that does.

Seems odd to have to compare a recreational video game to a real life job.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Shurgosa
the full experience of the game should not be a big cherry at the end game for you to suck on after you were powerlevelled to the end of the game....

Because you are the authority on how people should enjoy the game correct?

When you have people that are over para 500 and still have not gotten an item they have been hunting for the entire game then something is seriously broken and it is not their luck.
Reply Quote
Posts containing the word "entitled" should be auto-deleted.

Annoying condescension is annoying.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:21 PMPosted by Shadow
I don't get the whole concept I see tossed around on these forums.

Let me give an incomplete representation of how I see the threads/posts about it: If in life, you don't get the one job you want, do you complain incessantly about fairness or do you move on and do the best with what comes your way? I work hard to get what I want, but when life doesn't go my way, I make do with the best that does.

Comparing the interactive entertainment to a real life job seems rather silly.

A proper comparison along those lines is this: would you rather try to earn your living by having a job, or by playing a mentioned slot machine?
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Merc13
You don't find it ridiculous that players dump a good amount of money into a game and are not able to get the full experience out of it such as finding the gear they would like to use.

Is it ridiculous? maybe. But this applies to every loot grinding game be it D3 pre-RoS, D2, PoE, or MMO and I suppose we just have to accept the fact that we can't get every things we want before we burn out with the game.

Trading enabled players to get the gear they want to try numerous builds....

I agree to some extent but not entirely true for an online only game where the rarest items will be out of reach for most people.
Edited by Tagle#1471 on 7/12/2014 3:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Wurger
Posts containing the word "entitled" should be auto-deleted.

Annoying condescension is annoying

Entitled is the best word ever because you can use it to describe anyone who disagrees with you for any reason.

Its also great for dividing demographics. I can say, "entitlement generation" and then go ahead and attribute it to whichever age group I want.

It also allows me to take real world political issues and worldviews and bring them into a conversation about people's attitude in a recreational video game! Thanks Obama!
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Goodbrew
When the game is 100% rng based, statistically the game is designed for some players to have a bad experience with no recourse.

^
Reply Quote
rng is rng which is the very core mechanic of the Diablo series

Rng is Rng is a flawed premise. The truth is that Rng is weighted and tiered. Plus other games you compared had trading. Even the console edition has trading.

I would be ok with Rng if it was a true random (not weighted). The flaws in the current design are evident when it is difficult to fully gear one character with various sets without resorting to split bounties or RiF.

Nothing wrong, imo, with players finding multiple drops of a coveted set or item since rng will factor again when an item is rolled.

Unless loot tables are more fairly weighted or some kind of trade system is in place, D3 will still be a bit disappointing. Especially if Seasons retain the same type of weighting system. Not point in playing seasons if "seasons exclusive" items turn out impossible to obtain.
Reply Quote
I agree with OP >.> You aren't losing on any storyline, or any content by not having top tier gear. I'm working on gear just fine by getting plans dropped, and then farming for the mats that direction. I personally love the Enchanting system. You pick a slot you want to change, you can even see if it's worth changing, and then you pay the mats and you do it. You even get choices when it enchants. You work for gems to improve. There's a lot of work you can do, with tangible results. Just because you can't sit and farm one beast until it drops that one piece of gear, doesn't mean the game's broken. It just means you aren't willing to work with what you've got. Have fun playing the game, and if that means grinding to get a piece of gear, well, Blizzard has a game for that too. WoW has loot tables, and static random drops.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:45 PMPosted by Azelthedemon
It just means you aren't willing to work with what you've got.

That is awesome, we are going to make a game and include some really cool items that would boost your builds or try something new but you probably will not get it.

Take these glorified rares, deal with it and oh yeah...here is the finger and thanks for your money.
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:34 PMPosted by Merc13
07/12/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Shurgosa

Because you are the authority on how people should enjoy the game correct?

When you have people that are over para 500 and still have not gotten an item they have been hunting for the entire game then something is seriously broken and it is not their luck.

oh im certainly not the authority......but the game is not a little shopping market where you bring your list of5 or 10 best legendarys and then complain to the store manager that your not getting them.......

people should not want the game that way and they do and they are idiots....
and blizzard should not make the game that way and they do...and they are also idiots...

they are idiots because they turn the game into a financially successful thing that sucks and has no substance....

......continue stamping your widdle feet because blizzard will certainly listen to you and your supporters.....they certainly wont make the game more of an uphill challenge or more of a mystery......they just want to pad everyone's senses and sell more copies of the game...
so............... you go, girl.....
Reply Quote
and one again Sir Derp the Dumpest Troll had created a new thread. Yo Derp, Are you running for President of Top Mind group or something? lately you have posts alot of Top Mind Quality post
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Shurgosa

Oh no you di'ent!
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:45 PMPosted by Azelthedemon
You aren't losing on any storyline

Bro, people (most people anyway) don't play ARPGs for Story. When I want a game focused on the story and characters, I will take a visual novel or a JRPG. If I play a shooting game, the story is the least of my concerns.

We play games for different reasons.

In Diablo, I play to build characters, accumulate wealth and murder monsters.

Right now, you aren't building anything. You are merely combining whatever the RNG Devil decided to spare. In Diablo 2, I might not find a Windforce (back when it was relevant) but I could find other items that would ultimately get me one. When I was farming, I was always getting closer to what I wanted or needed. If that Windforce happened to drop, it was most likely GOOD. Even the worst rolled Shako, for example, was GOOD. When I saw a Shako, I knew what I was getting. I could get the lowest rolls and it would still be usable for an ALT.

In Diablo 3, when a Natalya Ring drops, I don't even know what I am going to get. The item varies from instant brim/soul to "GG". I could be farming for Glove of Worship and get the trashiest rolls ever --- and it would be completely worthless.

So basically:

In D2, items weren't so freaking random and if we could not find the item, we could trade for them. An item was never out of reach. We didn't need to bang our head against a brick wall and prey to the RNG Devil for mercy.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 7/12/2014 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:55 PMPosted by DoomBringer
In D2, items weren't so freaking random and if we could not find the item, we could trade for them. An item was never out of reach. We didn't need to bang our head against a brick wall and prey to the RNG Devil for mercy.

If we could have signatures on these forums this would be mine quoted with your name.
Reply Quote

in d1 d2 d3 v u didn't even felt RNG cuz of trades
nobody was thinking wow wonder If I will get that 1 item I need when next leg drops ....
no ppl were thinking if a leg drop it might be for me or I might trade it for that 1 item I need

but now all I see in 99.99% of posts RNG IS RNG play the game with what u have and !@#$ like that
at this moment my chars doesent realy need that 1 item that just doesent drop but to see the same items drop every day it gets booring and demoralizing and just makes u quit the game until new content as many players did
Reply Quote
07/12/2014 03:54 PMPosted by Merc13
07/12/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Shurgosa

Oh no you di'ent!

lol yea i went there..!!!

but in all seriousness....there is something to be said about a games ability to kind of cradle you to the end and sap away hints of difficulty and exploration.....

and it seems to me that the diablo series was head in a direction that gave difficuly and gave exploration. I played diablo 2 incessantly....and I did not even have a clue about how deep that rabbit hole went.....it turns out the real crazy people? thye dump a thousand hours into a character....they never complete characters.....they never see certain items or runes or whatever....

the game WILDLY towered over my progress in it...

hitting level 99 was basically unheard of not considering the gaggle of cheating morons who hacked and duped their way through the game.

skill trees basically existed no where else except in D2.

the amount of ways that d2 enhanced how to grow a character and personalize its role in combat over d1? you could write a book..

and it feels like D3 came along and deleted all of that customization when they should have piled on even more...

they deleted runes and gems and skill trees and crafted uniques, odd ball items, charms they have less classes, seemingly less builds people persue......less theory crafting ...what sockets are capable of is less....amount of items is less......its just every-were you glance.....all i see is less less less less less less less......

and then oh look....your blasting through act three hardly looking at the screen.....thats unfortunate....
Reply Quote
"entitled"..meh.
no, simply it's a game so i feel i deserve to have fun :)
it's not a job.

and it's not obvious that because rng is rng, there is a chance not having an item for years..ot not to have it at all.

rng is a great part of a hns.
but trade existed to mitigate it in the best and worst situations of having 6woh in 20pl or not a cindercoat in 400.
now we have no trade.
so rng is not enough.
for most items it is....not for the "super rares".
1,8% woh for 100wands (100wands? many of us could see in 500/600pl...and it's not sure you see it after that. it's just %) or 0,8 kukri in 100knives?

that's not gaming rng.
it's just a lottery.

if at blizzard want to keep people playing for years...it.s not the best strategy.
encourage people with new contents and builds...not with risible %..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]