Diablo® III

The "most fun" item in this game is a legacy item

Legacy Puzzle Ring. The one ring that could constantly take you out of your comfort zone. Too bad it got downgraded in Loot 2.0.

Bring back Legacy Puzzle Ring.

It was an amazing, fun, and rewarding item.
Reply Quote
And what did the legacy ring do oh mystic swami for those of us lowly ones who do not know what every legacy item did..
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 08:48 PMPosted by slicktrick
And what did the legacy ring do oh mystic swami for those of us lowly ones who do not know what every legacy item did..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DoomBringer-1994/hero/2219527

Check my Templar.

It has a chance to summon (it has a long internal cooldown) a Treasure Goblin when the wearer gets hit.

That means that a Treasure Goblin can spawn when fighting Malthael, a Rift Guardian, when chasing another Goblin, fighting an elite pack, etc.
Reply Quote
It sure sounds fun. But I *love* the current Puzzle ring, I have it in two heroes and it really changes the legendary frequency.
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 08:54 PMPosted by vexorian
It sure sounds fun. But I *love* the current Puzzle ring, I have it in two heroes and it really changes the legendary frequency.

Look at it this way:

Old Puzzle Ring: Calls forth a Treasure Goblin --- you get materials, gems and items.

New Puzzle Ring: Eats white items (frequency of white items greatly varies depending of the zone) to give 1 rare item and occasionally a Legendary item.

Unlike the Legacy Puzzle Ring, the New Puzzle Ring does not benefit your team. Loots dropped by that goblin are only for you. The Legacy Puzzle Ring will drop loots for everyone.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 7/13/2014 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The legacy puzzle ring has a chance to spawn a goblin which has a chance to spawn the treasure realm, well... I think it does...
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 08:59 PMPosted by tzurutzi
The legacy puzzle ring has a chance to spawn a goblin which has a chance to spawn the treasure realm, well... I think it does...

I'm almost certain that it can. It does spawn an *Act 1* Treasure goblin and AFAIK, all goblins can spawn that portal.
Reply Quote
I've got 5 of the legacy puzzle rings saved back in my stash for when 2.1 goes live just so i can rotate them after the goblin spawns for a better chance at getting into a realm.
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 08:59 PMPosted by tzurutzi

Yep, I tested and can confirm they can spawn the treasure realm.

07/13/2014 09:53 PMPosted by xXTiddleXx
I've got 5 of the legacy puzzle rings saved back in my stash for when 2.1 goes live just so i can rotate them after the goblin spawns for a better chance at getting into a realm.

That doesn't work, I tried it.

Also if anyone has a legacy Puzzle Ring, the Star of Azkaranth, and an IK set you can AFK farm goblins with the Demon Forges in act 3. You used to be able to stand in the fire in Halls of Agony to do it, but it looks like they fixed that on the PTR.
Edited by OWD#1416 on 7/13/2014 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't even find any white items anymore for the current Puzzle Ring to even be worth equipping. Just a FS to me.
Reply Quote
I hope they make the legacy puzzle ring goblins unable to spawn portals, else it will be a bot fest.

Actually, goblin portals should only spawn in rifts, should be as hard to artificially cause as possible.
Reply Quote
I love the old school puzzle ring. Have one on my Main Wizard's Templar. I get 2-4 extra goblins per rift. They pop up so frequently that I tend to miss them.

"Ah damn a trail of gold, guess I missed that Goblin."
Reply Quote
I'm glad I saved mine and didn't make a quick buck.. they were going for over 100m just before the AH closed. The best part about these rings is that you can give them to your follower and it still works the same.
Reply Quote
To each their own I suppose.

The old puzzle ring was an interesting design but poor execution. It so rarely procs that you can easily forget you/your follower has one equipped. Combine this with the fact goblins so rarely drop legendary items and it's basically just a gimmicky item.

Nemesis Bracers are far more rewarding and consistent then the old puzzle ring. It's essentially accomplishing the same thing in a different way. People who don't have the legacy ring aren't 'really' missing out.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 10:23 AMPosted by Wick220
I love the old school puzzle ring. Have one on my Main Wizard's Templar. I get 2-4 extra goblins per rift. They pop up so frequently that I tend to miss them.
That often?
Did they change the drop rates on that ring?

I was lucky to see 1 every 20 minutes.
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 08:59 PMPosted by DoomBringer

Old Puzzle Ring: Calls forth a Treasure Goblin --- you get materials, gems and items.

and with 2.1 a chance to enter Greed's Lair. This would be a bit unbalancing if everyone had access to that, and would lead to Greed's Lair never going live.

Hopefully they patch the legacy ring to spawn a goblin that has no chance of opening a portal.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 09:53 AMPosted by vexorian
I hope they make the legacy puzzle ring goblins unable to spawn portals, else it will be a bot fest.

Actually, goblin portals should only spawn in rifts, should be as hard to artificially cause as possible.

07/14/2014 11:25 AMPosted by GOSU

and with 2.1 a chance to enter Greed's Lair. This would be a bit unbalancing if everyone had access to that, and would lead to Greed's Lair never going live.

Hopefully they patch the legacy ring to spawn a goblin that has no chance of opening a portal.

Why? It's one goblin every 20 minutes or so. That's hardly game-breaking. Puzzle Ring always spawned an Act 1 Goblin.

It's one of the few things that will always be valuable unless Blizzard decides to be mean.

It's one of those items that people are willing to sacrifice some DPS or toughness for.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 7/14/2014 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Does it work in Greater Rifts?
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 01:52 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Does it work in Greater Rifts?

Yes it does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]