Diablo® III

Paragon level transfer to to UEE?

Just wondering if a blue has explained if Paragon will transfer from PS3 to PS4 UEE.
?
Also if it does carry over can it be explained if it will be level for level or based off exp?
Reply Quote
They should transfer but the requirements have changed (some have gained a couple of levels on PC after they switched to Paragon 2.0 if they were <100)
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 7/14/2014 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It will transfer but you won't get 1:1. It is based on XP to determine new Paragon 2.0 level in UEE. Off memory I remember reading that a 60/100 becomes 70/115 instantly upon import.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Things will work a bit differently than how the transfer from Paragon 1.0 to Paragon 2.0 worked on PC. If you transfer your save file to Ultimate Evil Edition, you will actually retain your current Paragon level that was earned playing Diablo III on console.
Reply Quote
Thanks, so that site posted wrong info. Anyway what about your level? Does a 60 stay 60 or becomes 70? If it stays 60, I'm guessing that will freeze Paragon progress until you earn 70? What a chore if so! I was hoping for instant 70 and progress towards Paragon 100+.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 07:21 PMPosted by Joseph
Thanks, so that site posted wrong info. Anyway what about your level? Does a 60 stay 60 or becomes 70? If it stays 60, I'm guessing that will freeze Paragon progress until you earn 70? What a chore if so! I was hoping for instant 70 and progress towards Paragon 100+.

You will get to 70 just by playing through the new content. It wont be a "chore". But yes your paragon will be on hold while you do
Edited by Minami#1237 on 7/14/2014 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 06:06 PMPosted by Araxom
Things will work a bit differently than how the transfer from Paragon 1.0 to Paragon 2.0 worked on PC. If you transfer your save file to Ultimate Evil Edition, you will actually retain your current Paragon level that was earned playing Diablo III on console.

That's kind of a bummer. Paragon leveling on console is/was drastically slower than on PC. A level 60 paragon on PC was an every day sight prior to RoS, but a level 60 paragon on console is impressive.

I guess all the hexedit hackers probably ruined it for the rest of us.

07/14/2014 07:21 PMPosted by Joseph

You really expected to be instant leveled to 70? Wtf man?
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 07:44 PMPosted by Minami

You will get to 70 just by playing through the new content. It wont be a "chore". But yes your paragon will be on hold while you do

A chore to do six characters for the trophy, not everyone enjoys using other classes and not everyone has so much spare time to level up. So yes I do personally consider it a chore, as in an unpleasant task.

07/14/2014 07:47 PMPosted by Sabvre

You really expected to be instant leveled to 70? Wtf man?

Yes just like PC players got. I expected that my Paragon XP would go towards level 70 and the remaining XP would issue the appropriate Paragon level. You make it seem like I expected a level 1 character to go from 1 to 70.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Joseph
Yes just like PC players got. I expected that my Paragon XP would go towards level 70 and the remaining XP would issue the appropriate Paragon level. You make it seem like I expected a level 1 character to go from 1 to 70.

The PC players didn't get instant leveled to 70.... obviously you are clueless on this topic.

They got exactly what you described previously. Their paragon level/ bonuses were active... but experience was directed into the character level rather than paragon level until they hit level 70.

What would the point even be of adding 10 character levels if they instant leveled you like you wish? Why even waste the development time? This is supposed to be an expansion buddy.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 08:40 PMPosted by Sabvre
07/14/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Joseph

The PC players didn't get instant leveled to 70.... obviously you are clueless on this topic.

They got exactly what you described previously. Their paragon level/ bonuses were active... but experience was directed into the character level rather than paragon level until they hit level 70.

What would the point even be of adding 10 character levels if they instant leveled you like you wish? Why even waste the development time? This is supposed to be an expansion buddy.

I don't play PC but remember reading that the way the import process works is XP earned beyond level 60 would go towards level 70. In some other PS3 games, your experience earned beyond the cap was factored into newly implemented changes so some people received an instant rank upgrade based on previous progress.

Even if 60/P100 players were instantly awarded 70, there is still incentive and drive to continue engagement with Diablo. It's not like RoS is all about level 70. That's one small aspect to the experience.

Anyway a tactful reply is best, misinformation is common especially when the devs are silent on answering anything and all it takes is a simple note to provide accurate information. You come across as terribly inconvenienced so I have no idea why you even bothered to reply.
Reply Quote
No one on PC was given a free boost from level 60. When the expansion hit all of your single characters paragon experience was pooled and added together. Giving you your new account paragon. - It wasn't account wide in Vanilla on PC. Paragon EXP was then on hold while you leveled from 60-70 and started at your new total at level 70. And yes, Diablo 3 is in fact all about level 70, where the best gear and hardest monsters await.

I imagine on console, it's the same thing. W/e your paragon happens to be, even if it's 100 and you've kept playing, is where you will be come UEE. It will still show as 100, but you won't gain paragon until you go from 60-70.
Edited by Xane#1263 on 7/15/2014 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
07/15/2014 10:51 AMPosted by Xane
W/e your paragon happens to be, even if it's 100 and you've kept playing, is where you will be come UEE. It will still show as 100, but you won't gain paragon until you go from 60-70.

That's correct. If you transfer over a save to Ultimate Evil Edition, you will retain your current Paragon level (and immediately allocate your points), but you will stop earning Paragon experience. This is because Ultimate Evil Edition increases the level cap to 70. Once you reach level 70 on a character in UEE, you will start to accrue Paragon experience again from where you left off. (So, basically: Only max-level characters will be able to earn Paragon experience. If you don't have UEE, max-level = 60. If you have UEE, max-level = 70.)

Keep in mind that the console version of Diablo III already features shared Paragon levels; Paragon levels on the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of the game were never character-specific. This is why, for Ultimate Evil Edition, if you transfer over a save, you will be able to keep your current Paragon level and not have to have anything recalculated.
Reply Quote
07/16/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Araxom
07/15/2014 10:51 AMPosted by Xane
W/e your paragon happens to be, even if it's 100 and you've kept playing, is where you will be come UEE. It will still show as 100, but you won't gain paragon until you go from 60-70.

That's correct. If you transfer over a save to Ultimate Evil Edition, you will retain your current Paragon level (and immediately allocate your points), but you will stop earning Paragon experience. This is because Ultimate Evil Edition increases the level cap to 70. Once you reach level 70 on a character in UEE, you will start to accrue Paragon experience again from where you left off. (So, basically: Only max-level characters will be able to earn Paragon experience. If you don't have UEE, max-level = 60. If you have UEE, max-level = 70.)

Keep in mind that the console version of Diablo III already features shared Paragon levels; Paragon levels on the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of the game were never character-specific. This is why, for Ultimate Evil Edition, if you transfer over a save, you will be able to keep your current Paragon level and not have to have anything recalculated.

Will the Paragon 2.0 XP leveling table be the same in Ultimate Evil Edition as it is on PC? Meaning, will we earn Paragon XP at the same rate as the PC version, or will it be based off of the rate of the original D3 on console.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]