Diablo® III

New way for HC death...RIP

Haha, you guys are funny.

**Moral of my story....turn off auto-login.

My re-roll is doing pretty well so life is good. Just had to share this story. definately unprofessional and I probably would have done something I regretted had he been near me when I found out. He never said anything, just gave me back my computer and said your all set....smart move on his part. Haha, glad I can laugh about it now....
Reply Quote
Shouldn't he have had to type in an authenticator code for logging in from a different ip though? I've always had to, launcher or not, if it was from a different ip.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/15/2014 06:42 AMPosted by Syx
You raised hell and got the services for free right? He has no business using your applications to test. A proper technician would have all sorts of stress testing software for both video errors and hardware errors.

This.

and also this...

07/15/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Furies
Moral of the story is to not use auto-login. GF/dog/cat/computer guy might mess with your chars.

What a horrible way to go!!!!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think this is one of the most unusual HC losses I've heard, and it makes me not even sure what to say. R.I.P, and hopefully your new adventures in Sanctuary yield bountiful rewards. Good luck out there!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Isn't it against the ToS & EULA to have anyone play, login, modify, etc your account under any circumstances unless you are the parent or guardian of the person and they are under the age of 18?
Edited by Heftybags#1802 on 7/15/2014 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 03:08 PMPosted by Heftybags
Isn't it against the ToS & EULA to have anyone play, login, modify, etc your account under any circumstances unless you are the parent or guardian of the person and they are under the age of 18?

If you had read the post you would realize he clearly didn't consent to a repair technician logging into his account to kill his HC character....
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 10:36 AMPosted by BobZ
I missed your post. I never used auto login as hackers can view your info. I did not realize this
was the case here

You somehow missed the OP?

Hilarious death but still sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing this epic story.
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Mushuchalaka
I think this needs to go into the 101 ways to die. This is possibly in the top 5 epic all time if not #1.

i agree.... sorry for ur bad luck op

RIP

-DooB
Reply Quote
oh the feels! of heartache! I own a computer shop, and have worked with clients who want gaming rigs, or upgrades and the like. I will install games for clients if they wish, However I wait until the customer comes in for testing games/etc. When I get a computer in the shop that has Skype auto login, I feel dirty and try to close it out before someone can message my "client". Let alone all the other things that someone in that position has access to. Still, sad story, and hope you get some good luck in the coming times.
Reply Quote
Next time, log off your account.
Reply Quote
What the heck? How did he know your login and password? Isn't account sharing against the TOU?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
07/15/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Sasij
Shouldn't he have had to type in an authenticator code for logging in from a different ip though? I've always had to, launcher or not, if it was from a different ip.

Yes, if he had one on the account. But even if he didn't, you would think that maybe Blizz would have set up their network security to require credentials anyway, even though the player had selected the auto-login option, because a sudden change in IP address is often a red flag for trouble.

In any event, this computer technician has no business messing around with the client's software. If he wanted to start it up to make sure it ran okay, he should have called the client first, although he really shouldn't have any need to do this with the robust diagnostic tools available these days.

Thorn10, please consider adding an authenticator to your account. The wireless one is free and pretty easy to set up. Here's the info:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-authenticator

Your new WD looks like he's coming along great!

Reply Quote
as a computer tech myself I find this to be ridiculously amateur. Unless a client specifically tells me hes having performance issues in a game I wont open any games, normally I use stress test software to troubleshoot issues.

Anyone telling the OP, dont leave on auto login, blah blah. You have no idea what some people leave on their PCs that they hand over to me... Financial records, home made !@#$, auto logins to everything possible.. its really crazy

If this happened at my shop (it wouldnt though), if you talked to the owner he would definitely refund your money. You need to call them asap
Edited by Drizz#1485 on 7/15/2014 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
PC "doc" acted in a horribly unprofessional manner. Autologon is evil
Reply Quote
Heartbreaker!

RIP
Reply Quote
Oh, I found my last death screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/GLL4liS.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]