Diablo® III

Please change the proc on Shenlong's

Edit; I've come to the conclusion that Shenlong's is not the only weapon set that needs to be looked at again. Danetta's is the prime example of what a weapon set SHOULD be, as all the others are simply either uninteresting or under-powered.

Recently Blizz's latest PTR patch allowed procs from weapons and items such as Thunderfury to scale with elemental bonuses on gear.

However one of the oddest ones I found to be was Shenlong's, which is supposed to now proc it's energy ball as Fire damage.

This does not make sense, considering that every Shenlong's rolls base Lightning damage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shenlongs-relentless-assault

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shenlongs-fist-of-legend

Further more, it is common knowledge in the Monk community that this weapon set is incredibly underpowered. Compare it to Danetta's, which is one of the only class-specific weapon sets to receive a rework, and it is just not worth using over any other combination of weapons for Lightning-based Monks.

I sincerely hope Blizzard will consider a rework of these weapons, if not just changing the proc to deal Lightning damage as the nature of the weapons implies.
Edited by NecroSmokist#1463 on 7/16/2014 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They should just allow the Shenlong's Fireball to benefit from Critmod and pierce all enemies in a straight line. Look at Odyn Son: it does only 100% weapon damage (300% if there is only one target) but thanks to Critmod, I get 25 Million crits with it.
Reply Quote
That alone does not help it from being a bad weapon set.

1. It does not do anything interesting with the set bonuses except give 250 Dex, Spirit Regen (only 2.00/sec at that), and a proc on attack.

2. The base weapon damage always being Lightning but the proc dealing Fire damage doesn't make sense logically.

Let's look at Danetta's, which saw a BIG change.

- Both weapons benefit from a legendary affix... ASIDE from...
- The set bonus completely changes the classes interaction with Vault.

I don't know why they chose ONLY Danetta's to rework in this way, because it is not only interesting, but can be extremely useful in multiple applications and builds.

Also, why don't Crusader's have a class-specific set of Flail+Shield?

In truth, I believe the developers should also change Bul-Kathos (so that each weapon changes something about Whirlwind), Chantodo's (Who really uses after they've found better items?), Shenlong's, and Manajuma's (Nothing really changed about this set post-2.0).
Reply Quote
Shenlong vs Danette...

Danette (1H Crossbows) can roll 2800++ DPS.
Set offers insane Tactical Advantage called cheap-Vault. When Vaulting, DH is immune to Damage and with the appropriate runes can do DPS, can stun, can leave a clone.

Shenlong... 2500
Sorry what can it do?

It should have some Tactical Advantage added to it to make it viable. Otherwise, it is a no brainer Jawbreaker or ThundeFury.

Look at Calamity - auto cast Mark for Death. Shenlong could have similar like Auto-EP (unrune) or Chance to cast Inner Sanctuary, and the like.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 04:10 PMPosted by NecroSmokist

2. The base weapon damage always being Lightning but the proc dealing Fire damage doesn't make sense logically.

That points matters for nothing, since the element that a weapons +damage rolls means absolutely nothing. Your argument is weak, and trying to inflate with information based on useless things only serves to hurt your stance even more.

Also, Stormcrow exists. It's always been a lightning themed item that procs fireballs, further invalidating this portion of your argument.
Edited by Dys#1439 on 7/14/2014 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Of course it does. Lightning Monks already have the Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set and a lot of Lightning weapons (Shard of Hate, Odyn Son, Thunderfury). Fire Monks have Gyana Na Kashu only.

If they increased Shenlong's Fireball damage and allowed it to pierce mobs, it could work together with Gyana Na Kashu, making an interesting combo.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 05:06 PMPosted by Skaad

Of course it does. Lightning Monks already have the Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set and a lot of Lightning weapons (Shard of Hate, Odyn Son, Thunderfury). Fire Monks have Gyana Na Kashu only.

If they increased Shenlong's Fireball damage and allowed it to pierce mobs, it could work together with Gyana Na Kashu, making an interesting combo.

None of those are Monk-specific weapons... They can use them and you see a lot of Monks using them because Monks in general need weapon procs to do any sort of damage.

My point is still that all weapon sets minus Danetta's should be reworked ENTIRELY. I have no problem with Shenlong's being a fire-based weapon, but Blizzard should be consistent with their design efforts and their Shenlong's proc change does not show consistency.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 04:48 PMPosted by Dys

That points matters for nothing, since the element that a weapons +damage rolls means absolutely nothing. Your argument is weak, and trying to inflate with information based on useless things only serves to hurt your stance even more.

Also, Stormcrow exists. It's always been a lightning themed item that procs fireballs, further invalidating this portion of your argument.

Wow, good job missing every point of my argument and saying that it's invalid.

My point is not in that Shenlong's are inconsistent, it's that they are downright BAD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]