Diablo® III

I don't think it's fair

View profile
I don't think it's fair to say "Kadala is a way to get specific Legendaries you want"
Especially when Witch Doctors gamble for Tasker and Theo and literally can get 100x Jade Harvester gloves before seeing a Tasker and Theo, or in my case, never seeing a Tasker and Theo.

People should say "Kadala is a way to get extra Forgotten Souls".

P.S. Gambling for "One-handed weapon" or "Two-handed weapon" is a complete waste of blood shards unless you already have every other slot equipped with the Legendary you want, especially if you want a class-specific weapon.

EDIT: just to be clear, my point isn't that Blood Shards have value, or should have value, it's that Kadala does not serve the purpose she was put into the game for.
Edited by GimmeFreePlz#1199 on 7/14/2014 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If Blood Shards cost you anything you might have more of a point. Since everything to do with Kadala and Blood Shards is a pure bonus I'll disagree. I don't mind gambling when I don't really lose anything.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Eschaton
If Blood Shards cost you anything you might have more of a point. Since everything to do with Kadala and Blood Shards is a pure bonus I'll disagree. I don't mind gambling when I don't really lose anything.

Less of that, more of needing a way to target legendaries
Reply Quote
from what i hear its easier to get TnT on a wizard, not sure if its true. but yea i agree about trying for weapons is horrible and going for ammys is even worse
Reply Quote
All the prices should be knocked down to 5 shards.
Reply Quote
View profile

Blood shards cost rift keystones which cost time spent playing/grinding.

Also, this has nothing to do with my point since my point is that Kadala doesn't serve the purpose she was put into the game for.
Reply Quote
I think Kadala should be deported out of the country.
Reply Quote
Kadala is for targeting specific slots in the hope of obtaining a legendary you want for a build.
Reply Quote
Less of that, more of needing a way to target legendaries

I don't disagree. I'd like to see that and a much better system for crafting. Or in the best of both worlds, combine materials, crafting and some sort of quest chain or series of specific events like they have with the keys and organs to eventually allow you to choose something specific from a comprehensive list of legendary items upon completion.
Edited by Eschaton#1854 on 7/14/2014 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 04:10 PMPosted by GimmeFreePlz

That's very close to saying you just want a legendary handed to you for nothing.
Reply Quote
Let's just take Kadala out because she hasn't helped you.
Reply Quote

Also, this has nothing to do with my point since my point is that Kadala doesn't serve the purpose she was put into the game for.

And what purpose would that be?

As to the cost of things... Using your viewpoint then everything has a "cost" as you have to spend time doing something to get something.

We run Rifts to get xp and hopes of getting legs/sets we want/need. As an extra bonus we get Shards to spend at Kadala to get extra chances at those legs/sets we want/need.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/14/2014 04:26 PMPosted by Raistrev

And what purpose would that be?

As to the cost of things... Using your viewpoint then everything has a "cost" as you have to spend time doing something to get something.

We run Rifts to get xp and hopes of getting legs/sets we want/need. As an extra bonus we get Shards to spend at Kadala to get extra chances at those legs/sets we want/need.

What I'm trying to say is that she almost never gives some of the Legendaries she has potential to, whereas others can be gotten within 100 blood shards almost every 100 blood shards spent. It leaves me feeling forced to go with what she is guaranteed to give you rather than what you find fun to use.
Reply Quote
I've spent 20,000 blood shards. I've gotten maybe 5 Legendarys total from Kadala. She's a bonus like everyone else has said. You don't need her. Use her as you will. If she's worthless to you, then don't use her. I've gotten 2,700 items from her using some rough math. 2,700 items...honestly less than 10 Legendarys. Don't you think I'm frustrated too? She's basically extra Veiled Crystals. She's a bonus though. They could take Blood Shards and Kadala out and I'd still do Rifts. Wouldn't you? Or would you just do bounties?
Reply Quote
Some of those Legs are supposed to be Rare no matter what method you use to try and obtain them. The RNG Goddess can be a royal %*^#& when it comes to some of those. Some get lucky to get them early. Some will drop thousands of shards trying to get that 1 item and never see it.

Me for example took me about 1000 shards for my TnT, but I have dropped about another 2k or so on helms and have yet to see a MoJ. My Crusader spent very little getting her class Set, but the 2k (small amount so far) on 2h weapons and has yet to cough up a single 2h Flail... lots of Polearms... no 2h Flails. It comes down to really on simply how rare an item is meant to be. Some will come up more often than others. But RNG being RNG will have some people getting their stuff sooner rather than later.

She was not intended to be the "get this item from me only" person... Just like the previous gambling in D1 and D2... Just an Extra Chance at getting things you may want/need. Was a Gold sink before. Now we get "free" blood shards to throw at her instead of having to throw Gold.
Reply Quote
07/14/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Jako
I've spent 20,000 blood shards. I've gotten maybe 5 Legendarys total from Kadala. She's a bonus like everyone else has said. You don't need her. Use her as you will. If she's worthless to you, then don't use her. I've gotten 2,700 items from her using some rough math. 2,700 items...honestly less than 10 Legendarys. Don't you think I'm frustrated too? She's basically extra Veiled Crystals. She's a bonus though. They could take Blood Shards and Kadala out and I'd still do Rifts. Wouldn't you? Or would you just do bounties?

Ouch... Glad I don't have your luck (yet)... But yeh I would still do Rifts myself as Drops are pretty good there. When I get under about 50 Keystones I go and do a bunch of Bounties and get above 100 again. But yeh even without Bloodstones/Kadala... I would still do Rifts.

As to my luck... I think in terms of Usable Legs maybe 3. The rest were salvaged, as they came out much worse than what I either already had or were just crap Legs anyways.
Edited by Raistrev#1900 on 7/14/2014 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I mean, there's supposedly a Legendary drop rate buff in Rifts. So it makes no sense not to do them. At least in my opinion. When you're done, you talk to Orek and get some Exp/Gold too. Blood Shards are just gravy on the top. If RNG likes you, you'll love Kadala. If you run low on Fragments, go do some split farming in Act 1, maybe get a RoRG along the way. That's where I have most luck anyways...I seem to get a lot of Legendarys from caches. I've salvaged so many Mad Monarch Scepters and still have half a dozen.
Reply Quote
you must have a lot of patience. i got 2 trifecta taskers both from kadala. 1 dex and int. patience is the key :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]