Diablo® III

companion ferret

Do you like that the ferrets pick up all healthglobes?

There are times that you want to pick up a few but not all healthglobes.
If you have the Marauder set, it could become even more troublesome, because when
you for example want to use the bat his active for hatred gain, all the other companions will use their active too and the ferret will pick up all healthglobes, which you might not want at that time.

Would it be better if the ferret doesnt pick up health globes or that the range of picking up healthglobes is reduced, so that you can position yourself in a way that you only pick up the globes that you need?
Reply Quote
I dont like the fact that ferrets gets all the gold piles
I want them to leave 1 gold piece each pile behind so the map looks shiny
Reply Quote
I wish the ferrets didn't fight.

I want them picking up health globes whilst in combat and gold when I'm out of combat or at full health.

My ferrets slack!
Reply Quote
Ferrets add 10% move speed, thus saving paragon points for dex or vit.
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 06:17 AMPosted by Wired

How was this relevant?
Reply Quote
Posted by Wired

How was this relevant?

It's a FERRET thread? LOL
Reply Quote
Posting in a ferret thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyO-Eqy_Y0
Reply Quote
I wish Ferrets automatically gained your pickup radius and the active effect massively increased their pickup radius.

I've also heard the Ferret movement speed doesn't break the cap, though I haven't confirmed. If that's true, that's lousy.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We’ve often tried to tell the ferrets what to do and convince them to do our bidding, but they’re pretty strong willed.

Question for you: how often do you all break your ferrets out and under what conditions do you do so? If there was only one thing you would have them do differently, what would it be?
Reply Quote
Mine are out all the time from the set bonus. I would prefer if they went their AI was health globes then gold or baddies, depending on which is closest.
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Araxom
We’ve often tried to tell the ferrets what to do and convince them to do our bidding, but they’re pretty strong willed.

Question for you: how often do you all break your ferrets out and under what conditions do you do so? If there was only one thing you would have them do differently, what would it be?

Only 1 thing: actually ignore the 25% MS cap.

2 things: radiate my pickup radius from their position.
Reply Quote
@Araxom

Martin and Toby are very strong willed - my ferrets. These 2 are out all the time with M6. As Wired pointed out, the added move speed is great.

Where Martin and Toby really shine, is in a gold find build. I had a pretty mean build going on my Jarlaxle char. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drittz-1151/hero/46250462

He has some other gear pieces like gladiator gloves and bracers that granted exp on gold picked up. Between Raven bow (Raven picks up gold better than the ferrets and actually lets them fight more often) and gold skin - lots of gold around and it all gets picked up and adds extra exp :D

But gold pick up build doesn't let me play t6 with my clan mates or shine in a group setting :P it is a fun build on the side and was plenty helpful with gathering initial funds.

If I could have them do one differently - attack first and gather gold quicker. Let see some hussle boys! They're fast to attack now, I know. But after the kill they just slug over and attempt to grab gold and by then i'm already moving on.

<3
Reply Quote
Just get rid of ferret and give us a UNICORN to ride.
Reply Quote
07/15/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Cameo
Just get rid of ferret and give us a UNICORN to ride.

Oh snap! Unicorn Vault = Robot Unicorn Attack Dash.
Edited by Childe#1683 on 7/15/2014 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

My ferrets are always out now thanks to the Marauder's set. The one thing I wish they would do differently is learn how to code and fix the monk class since it's clear Blizzard has no intention of doing so.
Reply Quote
View profile
Replace ferrets with a pet Bear
Attack Damage: Bear
Attack Speed: Bear
Health: Very bearlike
Attacking enemies causes more bearness
Passive: The right to bear arms
Active: Goes all out bear on everyone in the screen
Reply Quote
I would have them move faster so that they pick up gold even when I am running away from it.
Reply Quote

I used to love the film Beast Master, the ferrets in that stole keys and saved the day!

We don't have keys in d3 so maybe they could pick up items as well as gold for us?

Seriously tho, I wasn't kidding before, if we could get the little buggers to focus on picking up health globes whilst we're in combat they would be absolutely amazing.. especially for non sentry dh's who are too busy shooting to run around picking them up for ourselves!
Reply Quote
It is strange that certain abilities (eg. Monk's Fleet Footed, WD's Fierce Loyalty) allow movement speed to go over the cap, whereas the Ferret's only count toward it. Dex classes should be faster, but a WD with Fierce Loyalty can run circles around most DH's, with Danetta's and possibly new Shadow being the exceptions.

In regards to the Ferrets attacking enemies and ignoring the gold that drops, I wish their AI prioritized picking up the loot instead. Still, I am very fond of these little guys, shortcomings notwithstanding.
Reply Quote
Make them give bonus chance to drop yellow orbs!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]