Diablo® III

Possible Changes to Chantodo's Set

We all know that Chantodo's is the insta soul set for wizards so lets try and give it some help.

Current set bonus

(2) Set:
+250 Intelligence
Reduces damage from elites by 10.0%
Your shields heal for 25% of their remaining amount when they expire.

Lets change it to something like.

(2) Set:
+250 Intelligence
Reduces all Damage by 10.0%
Dominance now Stacks on Crit Instead of Kill and the Cooldown of Diamond skin is now reduced to 6 seconds.
Edited by Jenny#6968 on 7/17/2014 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Still wouldn't use it, I need deeps yo
Reply Quote
Well suggest something zeke that why I'm trying to start these discussions
Reply Quote
Besides I was thinking of this as the goto set for Hardcore Players
Reply Quote
It would have to be absolutely amazing if it's completely incompatible with wow, mm, and serpent sparker builds. I don't have a clue, maybe something with meteors?
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Jenny
Well suggest something zeke that why I'm trying to start these discussions

why don't you start them all in one thread instead of littering the forums. besides, it's not like blizzard will do anything with any of these ideas.
Reply Quote
If it allowed for permanent archon that would be worth using, since then I wouldn't need anything else in the weapon and source slots that otherwise affect other skills.
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 08:38 AMPosted by CarlosDanger
why don't you start them all in one thread instead of littering the forums. besides, it's not like blizzard will do anything with any of these ideas.

Because they all these items deserve separate discussion and how does it hurt you anyway
Reply Quote
Problem is that the set takes over wand and source slot. So that means you can't use SS, Woh, or MB, the three biggest dps boosting legendary wizard has.

Also, how is the dominance refresh going to work, does the dominance shield refresh to max every time you deal a critical hit? Which might be a bit broken.

I would add the following changes:

Chantodo set.
A new set piece has been added, Chantodo's memory. Base item type is wizard hat. It will always spawn with crit and socket.

2p Bonus.
+250 Intelligence
Reduces damage from elites by 15.0%
Diamond Skin cooldown reduced to 8 seconds.

3p bonus
+250 intelligence
Increase damage against elites by 15.0%
Critical hit has a chance to grant a shield that absorbs 12379 damage for 8 seconds, stacking up a max of 123790 damage absorbed.
Edited by StarchCraft#1709 on 7/17/2014 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Chantodo's probably will never be better than anything we currently have i think they should expand on it to make it worth while... Would be good for hardcore but probably not softcore...

New Ammy: +Elemental +INT +OS 1 Prmary 2 secondary (would mix in nice w/ new leg gems)
New Shoulder: +INT 3 Primary 2 Secondary

2pc:
+500 Intelligence

3pc: Dominance now Stacks on Crit Instead of Kill and the Cooldown of Diamond skin is now reduced to 6 seconds.

4pc: Slow time follows you
Reply Quote
Yeah then you could run it with MB or WoW no problem.
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 08:46 AMPosted by StarchCraft
Problem is that the set takes over wand and source slot. So that means you can't use SS, Woh, or MB, the three biggest dps boosting legendary wizard has.

Also, how is the dominance refresh going to work, does the dominance shield refresh to max every time you deal a critical hit? Which might be a bit broken.

I would add the following changes:

Chantodo set.
A new set piece has been added, Chantodo's memory. Base item type is wizard hat. It will always spawn with crit and socket.

2p Bonus.
+250 Intelligence
Reduces damage from elites by 15.0%
Diamond Skin cooldown reduced to 8 seconds.

3p bonus
+250 intelligence
Increase damage against elites by 15.0%
Critical hit has a chance to grant a shield that absorbs 12379 damage for 8 seconds, stacking up a max of 123790 damage absorbed.

I really like this but getting Blizzard to add another piece to the set would be exceptionally hard.
Reply Quote
2 piece:
Your intelligence is increased by 10%
All debuffs you apply have their duration doubled.

3 piece: (Only available through RoRG, no extra item)
+6 AP regenerated per second
Your damage is increased by 2% for each debuff you apply to an enemy, for as long as that debuff lasts.

------------------------------------

Enough AP regen to be the "spender" weapon/source choice, with a little something unique for flavor. Seems fairly powerful, until you remember that both weapon and source kind of suck, and you're trading in potentially game changing bonuses on both slots to get it.

The %wise int bonus just makes sense for any set that isn't level 70. A level 60 set item has its stats scaled up, but not its set bonus, which is beyond stupid.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/17/2014 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 09:01 AMPosted by vishnu

That's a cool idea!

Getting more APoC would be nice as well.

(2) Set:
+250 Intelligence
Dominance now Stacks on Crit Instead of Kill and the Cooldown of Diamond skin is now reduced to 6 seconds.

That's a really nice way to make it work against single targets.
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 09:01 AMPosted by vishnu
2 piece:
Your intelligence is increased by 10%
All debuffs you apply have their duration doubled.

+6 AP regenerated per second
Your damage is increased by 2% for each debuff you apply to an enemy, for as long as that debuff lasts.

------------------------------------

Loving all of this a set that actually needs the RoRG to be a set awesome idea
Reply Quote
I am not sure 100% how this mechanic works but here's the thing, if your shield is expiring... You probably don't need to be healed.

Would love to see some sort of shield bonus here. This is coming from someone who loves Pride's Fall and wants to maximize shield usage and cant make ends meet.
Reply Quote
Quite a while ago we wizards were promised a resource overhaul of sorts I.e. the dreaded incoming Apoc nerf. I quote from Jatech's question's on a twitch interview to Don Vu (or Wu) can't quite remember the last name.

Are you going to address the problems with wizards current resource system, because were always running out. (asked during 2.0 ptr iteration's)

Don
"We think as a whole we cant just design a resource system and have it implemented and then have that same system circumvented because of a few choice skills or gear choices. When we move it more to the endgame scenario it makes the player feel like they accomplished something."

Jatch immediately followed up by saying, Yeah thats all well and good, but where we are now currently, and where wizards have to go to get to infinite resources, frankly there is a huge gap and your widening it.

Don
"Again we think that the wizard and other classes fall into this category too that having a meaningful resource system in place and rewarding end-game players with a pseudo near infinite resources is a better way to go"

So Developer's? When are you going to Close the gap? I.e. No wizards even with legacy gear could achieve infinite resource. We never asked for infinite we asked for the gap between current itemization and infinite resources to be brought closer.

Chantodo's 2 piece set Bonus

+ 1000 intelligence
+ Every point in intelligence increases your resource cost reduction by 0.05% Caps at 50% resource cost reduction.
+ As long as the Wizard has a shield active All resource generation is increased by 50%
Edited by Harrowing#1449 on 7/17/2014 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 09:51 AMPosted by Harrowing
Chantodo's 2 piece set Bonus

+ 1000 intelligence
+ Every point in intelligence increases your resource cost reduction by 0.05% Caps at 50% resource cost reduction.
+ As long as the Wizard has a shield active All resource generation is increased by 50%

Oh wow now thats thinking big love it,, not likely to happen but love it
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 09:51 AMPosted by Harrowing
+ 1000 intelligence

Indeed, too good.
Reply Quote
It would be interesting if each item had a legendary affix as well (think Danetta's for DH).

One of them could let you get the enduring skin rune on diamond skin (doubles duration to 6 seconds).

The duration is a huge drawback for using this skill at the moment imo, but buffing the duration you can gain access to the other runes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]