Diablo® III

Firebirds: Blazar vs Spellsteal / 1H vs 2H

Black Hole Rune

Assuming you're not using Event Horizon, which Black Hole rune do you think is better for Firebirds?

Spellsteal's damage buff is pretty significant, but Blazar's 1400% Fire damage is nothing to sneeze at when combined with Firebirds.

1H vs 2H

The Firebirds DOT doesn't use your attack speed right? So a slow 1.1 APS 2H would have a near 30% DOT damage advantage over a 1.4 APS 1H + Source combo? Combined with the 23-26% 2H damage buff, would it be worth using a Maximus (or some other 2H like Furnace) over a 1H + Source (assuming you don't have a Woh/Sparker)?

Discuss.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/18/2014 09:00 PMPosted by JFactor
The Firebirds DOT doesn't use your attack speed right? So a slow 1.1 APS 2H would have a near 30% DOT damage advantage over a 1.4 APS 1H + Source combo? Combined with the 23-26% 2H damage buff, would it be worth using a Maximus (or some other 2H like Furnace) over a 1H + Source (assuming you don't have a Woh/Sparker)?

20% Fire Damage plus 10% crit chance from the source too though.
Reply Quote
Plus then also maybe another 20% fire from say magefist. Losing the source slot means you have to use another to get to the 6pc bonus. You can use magefist/cindercoat/source for 6pc for example. Using a 2h means you can't use both magefist and cindercoat.

The base damage on 2h weapons is huge now though so it may just not matter. A few simple ghom tests will give us a good idea I'd think.
Reply Quote
b4 this last 2h buff id say it was about even, the best setup being 1h mace + off with extra fire gear.... very buffed up etc i could get up to135m ticks with my sunkeeper.... 100-120 being more the norm

Id really have to test with a new 2h too see how it preforms but 10cc is alot of dot dmg.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 7/19/2014 1:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm using blazar with my smoldering core build. By the time blazar is over, i've dealt enough damage to apply the permanent DoT, then I just teleport away to safety, of, if I feel it's safe, stick around for some more meteors.
Reply Quote
Blazar is better for sure.

Spellsteal doesn't increase your final 3000% dot. Besides, I'm not sure whether it is a bug.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]