Diablo® III

Seasonal Legendaries

Community Manager
07/19/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Nunc
Seasonal legendaries are indeed dropping, and the Monk gloves and Wizard wand are indeed of little value and will not add to build diversity.

Thanks for the report! We'll follow up with our QA and engineering teams. Could be a bug, could be that they were enabled a little early. We'll let you know.

Since it's PTR, it's likely not a big deal that these items dropping right now, so please feel free to use them if you find one. If you encounter any bugs picking them up or using them, though, be sure to drop a line in our PTR Bug Report forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/14579126/

Similarly, if you've got any feedback on said Legendaries, we'd love to hear from you in our PTR Legendary Feedback thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13241704325

07/18/2014 09:13 PMPosted by nalyD
Is the Ramalandi's gift considered a seasonal legendary or will it be added to the non-seasonal server once the patch goes live along with greater rifts?

Ramaladni's Gift is not a Seasonal Legendary item and will be available in all games modes (Normal, Hardcore, and Seasonal) once patch 2.1.0 goes live.

07/19/2014 08:11 PMPosted by slicktrick
Please don't tell me they are going to run an entire Season on PTR....

Nah. We'll host what are effectively "mini Seasons," but we won't actually run a full Season (i.e. for the duration we intend to have one run in the live game) during the PTR. We're also going to start and end a Season likely more than once during this public test. The goal here is to make sure both processes run smoothly, so we'll want to test out each function a few times before the patch goes live.
Edited by Lylirra on 7/19/2014 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Will there be any holy% damage items to go with a 2h sunwuko build?
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 09:29 PMPosted by jds
Will there be any holy% damage items to go with a 2h sunwuko build?

Try doing lightning % damage instead for a 2h sunwuko build. You can get 30% from Eye of the Storm helm, and wear RoRG. Reason to do lightning instead, is the Sunwuko holy explosion does enough damage on its own.. but if you stack lightning damage and use Pillar of the Ancients wave of light, then yea both hits (WoL) and the sunwko do hugest damage.. and u get an explosion every time u cast Pillar due to the spirit cost.
Reply Quote
@Paz

Yeah. Would be nice if it went with holy though. And in ptr I think there's a new holy 1h with 25% holy. So 45% from 2 1h's and 0%from any 2h. Yet Sunwuko's bonuses apply to 2h and holy.. Kinda not really thought out. And there's no big damage holy spender.
Reply Quote
guys, you're missing the most important piece of information here

a blue posted on the forums ON A WEEKEND
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 11:30 PMPosted by D2MX
guys, you're missing the most important piece of information here

a blue posted on the forums ON A WEEKEND

Yup. Kinda cool.

Since they're planning on doing several mini-seasons during the PTR, my guess is we're still very early in the PTR cycle. Maybe another 3-4 months before 2.1 goes live.
Reply Quote
Isn't the new wand good with this orb and calamity?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/cosmic-strand

This would give you 350% damage per second and some invincibility frames because of stun and instant movement.

If not then calamity should be simply buffed or there should be a rune without stun which is only for damaging.
Reply Quote
350% damage per second is not good. 1 second stuns are not good either (short stun = elites become immune very fast).

The only way to save this idea would be to move its affix to another slot. A source, a hat, a ring - anything would work. Without that it'll be relegated to a 'nice to have' Wand for bounty farming.

---

I saw another data mined legendary affix that *would* be viable: "Arcane Torrent now instantly lays a mine field". I wonder if they're still working on that idea, or if it has been scrapped? It would give Arcane a massive damage nuke ability.
Reply Quote
07/20/2014 04:22 AMPosted by JFactor
350% damage per second is not good. 1 second stuns are not good either (short stun = elites become immune very fast).

The only way to save this idea would be to move its affix to another slot. A source, a hat, a ring - anything would work. Without that it'll be relegated to a 'nice to have' Wand for bounty farming.

Also every cast of teleport costs 25 arcane power with wormhole or not. I'd say change it to "Wave of Force now gains teleport" then you have something really cool and build changing.

07/20/2014 04:22 AMPosted by JFactor
I saw another data mined legendary affix that *would* be viable: "Arcane Torrent now instantly lays a mine field". I wonder if they're still working on that idea, or if it has been scrapped? It would give Arcane a massive damage nuke ability.

Well with only 6 mines maximum it would still be pretty weak. Use it once and then?
Reply Quote
Just make sure that you implement some real seasonal legs that worth the trouble. Most of the seasonal legs we have seen so far are trash.
Edited by Wakeman#1773 on 7/20/2014 5:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/20/2014 04:34 AMPosted by Plagueis
Well with only 6 mines maximum it would still be pretty weak. Use it once and then?

Assuming it drops all 6 mines at once, that's 6 x 825% every 2 seconds = 2475%/s. You don't need to stop and channel - you only need 1 attack turn to drop all the mines. Uses barely any AP. Reasonably mobile.

Now if they ever raise the maximum number of mines, or make it so re-creating mines causes old mines to explode - it'd be ridiculous. By for now it's still quite good in my opinion.

(although all of this is just guess work since it doesn't exist afaik)
Edited by JFactor#6855 on 7/20/2014 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/20/2014 06:17 AMPosted by JFactor
Assuming it drops all 6 mines at once, that's 6 x 825% every 2 seconds = 2475%/s. You don't need to stop and channel - you only need 1 attack turn to drop all the mines. Uses barely any AP. Reasonably mobile.

Now if they ever raise the maximum number of mines, or make it so re-creating mines causes old mines to explode - it'd be ridiculous. By for now it's still quite good in my opinion.

Also assuming they explode on the target its pretty much like ET if it would hit for full duration it would be good but since it doesn't its bad.
Reply Quote
Anyone found remorseless(barb 1h mace spawning ancients)? Is it useable?
Reply Quote
07/20/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Wakeman
Just make sure that you implement some real seasonal legs that worth the trouble. Most of the seasonal legs we have seen so far are trash.

If Blizz can somehow contain exp exploiting and the majority of players have to play through to level up in seasons, some less than powerful items will still be very useful

if they made some seasons only gear, then it would be fun to make some seriously godly stuff drop too just for the fun of it but that isn't happening so there will probably be a lot of stuff that helps you from 1-69
Reply Quote
07/20/2014 03:46 AMPosted by t9s1n2
Isn't the new wand good with this orb and calamity?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/cosmic-strand

This would give you 350% damage per second and some invincibility frames because of stun and instant movement.

If not then calamity should be simply buffed or there should be a rune without stun which is only for damaging.

Nah, it's not all that great, and think of the things you would give up by using that wand and offhand.
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Nunc
Seasonal legendaries are indeed dropping, and the Monk gloves and Wizard wand are indeed of little value and will not add to build diversity.

Let's see em!
Edited by DrunkTank#1318 on 7/21/2014 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As an update, the Legendary items listed here are all currently enabled on the PTR: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14569138/patch-210-ptr-patch-notes-updated-july-9-7-18-2014#seasonalitems

Checked with our designers. Not a bug, just a little ahead of schedule.
Reply Quote
I have to say, those Seasonal Legendaries are very uninspiring.

I don't what would make them better, but I can say that a majority of them are not appealing in any way.

Can these please get re-hashed by the design team? Here's an example of one in particular that will see zero playtime:

Monk
Alabaster Gloves
New Legendary Gloves
Increases the duration of Sweeping Wind to 1 minute

Sweeping Wind is made continuous anyway by its own innate abilities, let alone Inna 3-piece making it cost 5 spirit. Why is there such an obsession with Sweeping Wind, a passive skill? Monks need more engagement in their gameplay, and less passive focus.
Edited by Feralheart#1686 on 7/21/2014 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Feralheart
I have to say, those Seasonal Legendaries are very uninspiring.

I don't what would make them better, but I can say that a majority of them are not appealing in any way.

Can these please get re-hashed by the design team? Here's an example of one in particular that will see zero playtime:

Monk
Alabaster Gloves
New Legendary Gloves
Increases the duration of Sweeping Wind to 1 minute

Sweeping Wind is made continuous anyway by its own innate abilities, let alone Inna 3-piece making it cost 5 spirit. Why is there such an obsession with Sweeping Wind, a passive skill? Monks need more engagement in their gameplay, and less passive focus.

You're right. For me it usually stays on for an entire rift, so those gloves wouldn't change anything for me.

Instead these gloves should have the following effect, for example.

If Sweeping Wind is activated it shoots out a wave of light with the explosive light rune.
Reply Quote
07/21/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Lylirra
As an update, the Legendary items listed here are all currently enabled on the PTR: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14569138/patch-210-ptr-patch-notes-updated-july-9-7-18-2014#seasonalitems

Checked with our designers. Not a bug, just a little ahead of schedule.

Are you going to add more seasonal legendaries in upcomming PTR patches or is the current list complete?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]