Diablo® III

New Wiz to 70

Hello all,

I'm looking for a good solo build I can do some farming with on my Wizard. I just hit 70 and really have no idea what I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply Quote
View profile
first thing i would say i start doing normal split or solo A1 bounty runs trying to get the Royal Ring of Gaurdian (RoRG for shord) almost every build has this ring... if you start getting plans use those to fill the game... right now it's hard to say since ALL your gear is upgradable to say what build you should go with it's really dependant on the gear you find... here are a couple of rules of thumb going forward for wizards

Most wizards- Your armour needs to be as close or over 10k (put +armour and chest and pants they allow 600 optional on belt), your resist to all elements needs to be as close or over 2k on each element (on shoulders,boots,helm,belt), and your life a sweet spot is around 350k-400k (need vit on almost everything but gloves, jewelry and it's ok on bracer), you need to just get +Element for the skills you run w/ the most punch ), Your gloves are you offensive spot get , +intellegence,+Crit hit chance, +crit hit damage, and depending on build +RCR or CDR

Pure Channeling wizards- APoC is a must have, a high critical hit chace is a must haves since some of you AP is generated off it (if you're not channeling your not doing damage), Increased Attack Speed is the devil get rid of all of it, +RCR is good at about 25-35% try to get it on your source, shoulders, gloves and paragon points....
Reply Quote
View profile
My preferred gearing set up is as follows:

Helm- +Crit Hit Chance (CHC for short), +Intellegence (INT), +Open Socket (OS), +Vitality (VIT)
Shoulders- +INT, +VIT, +ALL RESIST (AR), +Resource Cost Reduction (RCR) or + Cooldown Reduction (CDR)
Chest- +INT,+Armour (ARM), +VIT, +3OS
Bracer- +Elemental, +INT, +CHC, +VIT
Gloves- +Element (if possible), +INT, +CHC, +Critical Hit Damage (CHD), and/or +CRC/CDR
Belt- +INT, +VIT, +AR, +ARM (if you have a Witching Hour +CHD over +ARM)
Pants- +INT, +AR, +VIT, +3OS
Boots- +INT, +VIT, +AR, +ARM
Rings and Ammy need 4 of these 5- +Damage to Elite, +Elemental, +CHD, +CHC, +INT

once you find a build you like you can sprinkle in a little +Skill damage to those instead of ARM/AR/VIT as long as ARM is at 10k AR is 2k and Life is 350-400k
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acYOSj!cZXa!ZcccZa

Personally i liked this build after hitting 70... since you are running cold now I'm guessing you like cold wizard...

Glacier Spike-gives good Crowd controll you can freeze some stuff

Frozaen Orb (my favorite skill)- is weak in higher difficulties but it allows a ton of movement and doesn't require you to stand still

Nova-Bone chill- +33% damage and gives some crowd controlled

Prismatic Armour- best armour in the game high levels use this armour

Force Weapon- used for pure damage increase (most people use this skill)

Sparkflint Familiar- gives small addtional damge for fimiliar but buffs you almost 20%

Passives: i set them to allow alot of AP regen once you are able to get paragon levels you can use them on reducing cost of cast.
Reply Quote
Where does Vyr's drop from? is it a T6 only drop? or can blood shards produce them in a gamble?
Reply Quote
View profile
07/18/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Gzip
Where does Vyr's drop from? is it a T6 only drop? or can blood shards produce them in a gamble?

Kadala can gamble all legendaries (except cache (bounty)specific items like RoRG) and class specific set items whether in normal or T6 she has the potetional to give them no matter what... I personally because I am superstitious create a solo T6 game when gambling but it probably does nothing..Class Specific Legendaries (Tal's, Vyr's, Jade's) drop when playing T1+... other than bounties and gambling there is no way to find a specific item
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 11:14 AMPosted by kasper301615
07/18/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Gzip

Kadala can gamble all legendaries (except cache (bounty)specific items like RoRG) and class specific set items whether in normal or T6 she has the potetional to give them no matter what... I personally because I am superstitious create a solo T6 game when gambling but it probably does nothing..Class Specific Legendaries (Tal's, Vyr's, Jade's) drop when playing T1+... other than bounties and gambling there is no way to find a specific item

What do you recommend my next move to be? should I attempt to solo Torment 1 Act 1 and hope to get lucky! or try to find a group and run T1 Rifts? I've only been playing for 3 weeks, so still trying to get a firm understanding of this games overall design/mechanics. I saved up 100 of those things that can open Rifts btw.
Edited by Gzip#1810 on 7/18/2014 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 11:16 AMPosted by Gzip
07/18/2014 11:14 AMPosted by kasper301615

What do you recommend my next move to be? should I attempt to solo Torment 1 Act 1 and hope to get lucky! or try to find a group and run T1 Rifts? I've only been playing for 3 weeks, so still trying to get a firm understanding of this games overall design/mechanics. I saved up 100 of those things that can open Rifts btw.

You should definitely start spending those rift fragments once you are able to run Torment 1 comfortably, as higher torments only yield slightly better drop rates. You can find any item in T1. You should however save some of them because after the next patch it will only cost 1 per rift instead of 5! Rifting is generally the fastest way to gear up because they have an innate 100% bonus legendary chance and the blood shards you get allow you to target your weaker slots for upgrades.

RoRG is an extremely useful ring so definitely keep doing Act 1 bounties for rift fragments until you have at least one of those. By the time you get one you may have a few sets that could benefit from using it. If you can use RoRG to grant you 2 or 3 set bonuses it becomes VERY strong.
Reply Quote
Thank you all for the great responses! I will do research with what all you have suggested. Thanks for taking your time to help me out!
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 11:30 AMPosted by TheM0L3

You should definitely start spending those rift fragments once you are able to run Torment 1 comfortably, as higher torments only yield slightly better drop rates. You can find any item in T1. You should however save some of them because after the next patch it will only cost 1 per rift instead of 5! Rifting is generally the fastest way to gear up because they have an innate 100% bonus legendary chance and the blood shards you get allow you to target your weaker slots for upgrades.

RoRG is an extremely useful ring so definitely keep doing Act 1 bounties for rift fragments until you have at least one of those. By the time you get one you may have a few sets that could benefit from using it. If you can use RoRG to grant you 2 or 3 set bonuses it becomes VERY strong.

Thanks for the tip, should I slug through Torment 1 Act 1? or keep it on normal mode? I'm thinking the set pieces only drop in Torment level difficulties, and doing it this way, even though its a lot slower due to my lack of good gear, should still yield the possibility of gaining a lucky drop.
Reply Quote
Also I have been playing at Master level from 1-70. Yes I died a lot, but I leveled pretty quick. Should I stay at that difficulty or drop down to something easier?
Reply Quote
You can use crafting and will easily have a T2 capable wizard.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 11:35 AMPosted by Dreck
Also I have been playing at Master level from 1-70. Yes I died a lot, but I leveled pretty quick. Should I stay at that difficulty or drop down to something easier?

Your gear is pretty fresh, so normal mode is my advice, if you want, hit me up after work, Gzip#1810, we can run bounties no normal mode act 1 and collect up caches for opening. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a ring.
Reply Quote
This is a great resource thread as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882388578
Reply Quote
Personally, I try to do my Act1 (and Act 4 sometimes) bounties on Torment 1 because that's where I found 2 out of 3 RoRGs. There are opinions that recommend Normal runs because it eliminates the chance of T1 legendaries from caches, while others say T1+ due to the general increased drop rate (according to Blizz). With my current gear for example, T1 is really, really slow. And RNGesus doesn't want me to play my Wizard as I get a legendary (regardless of good or bad) on most characters in T1, but my Lady Wizard here *lol*. I have yet to see a single legendary 1-h wand, disregarding its rarity "level".
Reply Quote
View profile
07/18/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Mahou
Personally, I try to do my Act1 (and Act 4 sometimes) bounties on Torment 1 because that's where I found 2 out of 3 RoRGs. There are opinions that recommend Normal runs because it eliminates the chance of T1 legendaries from caches, while others say T1+ due to the general increased drop rate (according to Blizz). With my current gear for example, T1 is really, really slow. And RNGesus doesn't want me to play my Wizard as I get a legendary (regardless of good or bad) on most characters in T1, but my Lady Wizard here *lol*. I have yet to see a single legendary 1-h wand, disregarding its rarity "level".

T1 caches can now drop class legendaries but the drop rate only goes up in T2+
Reply Quote
join RiF community and spam Kadala until you have a full set of gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]