Diablo® III

Awesome buffs across the board !

07/17/2014 02:04 PMPosted by StarchCraft
Frozen Solid : Enemies caught in the Blizzard have a 100% chance to be Frozen for 2.5 seconds.

Blizzard is now a frost nova with no cooldown that costs 40 arcane power?

Duplicates+Frozen Solid = GG?
Reply Quote
Arcane Torrent buffs look amazing. I'm especially intrigued that they are scrapping Power Stone for a Rune that seems to add Lightning damage after the missiles strike.

" •p1_Unique_WizardHat_003 p1_Unique_WizardHat_003
•string1 : The Swami
"
-> Sorry I've never been to Diablo Fans, what does the above mean? Is the Swami getting a special power? :D
Edited by Andrew#1466 on 7/17/2014 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Ramshackle
I'm really curious what's going on with explosive blast. If it's only the lightning rune that goes to 3s that will make things interesting for sure.

I'm fairly sure that it's 3s cooldown for all EB runes.

It would make EB far more useable in builds without a WoW. An unbuffed Chain Reaction would effectively put out 520% WD per second over time, pre-CDR. That makes it a viable add-in all on its own. It does put the Chainpocalypse build into overdrive too though.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
So it looks like it takes only 2 seconds to ramp up Disintegrate to max damage.

Good? Bad?
Reply Quote
Fire + Disintegrate + 6piece Firebird + Cindercoat + 30% Wand = new end-game, right?
Reply Quote
Heavenly Strength You can wield a two-handed weapon in your main hand while bearing a shield in your off hand. / Your damage dealt is reduced by 20%.

OMG could they possibly be buffing 2-handers?
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 02:06 PMPosted by dolynick
I'm really curious what's going on with explosive blast. If it's only the lightning rune that goes to 3s that will make things interesting for sure.

It would make EB far more useable in builds without a WoW. An unbuffed Chain Reaction would effectively put out 520% WD per second over time, pre-CDR. That makes it a viable add-in all on its own. It does put the Chainpocalypse build into overdrive too though.

-dolynick

Flash : Reduce the cooldown of Explosive Blast to 3 seconds.

would make no sense if EB default cooldown is 3 seconds. Then flash is just a gimped version with lightning damage. I think it is only the Flash rune that reduce it to 3.
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 02:06 PMPosted by dolynick

-dolynick

I hope you're wrong. My fingers would fall off from spamming EB that fast.
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 02:07 PMPosted by KhalARon

Good? Bad?

Good. But I'm biased ;)

Much less penalty for having to stop and much more reward for being able to do so. A much more appealing change to channelling skills.

Still not sure why they insist on leaving Disintegrate behind the other channellers so much. It's still higher cost AND lower damage... It doesn't have that much of an AoE advantage over AT...

-dolynick
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 02:09 PMPosted by StarchCraft
Flash : Reduce the cooldown of Explosive Blast to 3 seconds.

Yes. I see that. It's also noted as changed in the base rune though. Who knows... I guess we'll just have to wait a little bit to find out for sure.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 02:11 PMPosted by dolynick

Still not sure why they insist on leaving Disintegrate behind the other channellers so much. It's still higher cost AND lower damage... It doesn't have that much of an AoE advantage over AT...

-dolynick

Agreed, I don't get it either. And with things like BH to pull stuff together, it has even less of an AoE advantage over AT, imo.
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 02:09 PMPosted by Hotz
Fire + Disintegrate + 6piece Firebird + Cindercoat + 30% Wand = new end-game, right?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe tossing in MM/conflag if it radically increases the time it takes to hit 3000%.
Edited by Alteredbeast#1693 on 7/17/2014 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 02:11 PMPosted by dolynick
07/17/2014 02:07 PMPosted by KhalARon

Good? Bad?

Good. But I'm biased ;)

Much less penalty for having to stop and much more reward for being able to do so. A much more appealing change to channelling skills.

-dolynick

While true, the fact that there's a fire damage rune for this now, in addition to the Slorak's bonus to Disintegrate, will make builds a little more interesting.
Reply Quote
Spectral Blade
Thrown Blade : Extend the reach of Spectral Blade to 20 yards and increase its damage to 231% weapon damage as ArcaneLightning

So why change this to lightning when there is already Arc Lightning? Makes no sense to me to make 2 different signature spells behave in the same manner.

Although a lot of the other changes to lightning will make Malakai very happy I think.
Reply Quote
Something funny going on with the EB change, I'll wait for it to go up on the PTR, but it sounds too good to be true.

I've always wanted a lightning rune, but I think due to firebirds I realistically have to stay fire.
Reply Quote
And there's the answer to the whole 2H deal:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13510080878

Buffed up 2H's, might finally be worthwhile.
Reply Quote
Not really a Wizard change (maybe), but......

TWO HANDERS GETTING BUFFED!

Reply Quote
07/17/2014 01:53 PMPosted by dolynick
07/17/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Boozor
Shot gun sader to lose 20% DPS or a ton of mitigation if run no sheild.

And WDs untouched haha

RIP my shot gun :(

It's a nerf to crusader 2H setups... presumably so they can buff 2 Handers across the board?

Don't panic yet. I kind of thought they might nerf Heavenly Strength so they can fix 2 Handers for the rest of us.

-dolynick

Thought so.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Hrm.... EB-> 3 seconds. Convergence -> Fire. I foresee myself taking my woh build, slotting a cindercoat, dropping my CDR in favor of RCR and APoC, slotting some firebirds..... and going nucking futs.
Reply Quote
Still not sure why they insist on leaving Disintegrate behind the other channellers so much. It's still higher cost AND lower damage... It doesn't have that much of an AoE advantage over AT..

-dolynick

Dude, it has a FIRE rune now as mentioned above. Cindercoat changes EVERYTHING when talking about channeling. And the damage gap is tiny anyways.

Still looking like Disintegrate might be the new 6piece Firebird build... go get your +30% Disintegrate Wands, peeps!
Edited by Hotz#1374 on 7/17/2014 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]