Diablo® III

Awesome buffs across the board !

07/18/2014 01:20 AMPosted by pasch
Wizard is a blast to play. I took my alt wiz with crappy Lightning gear from T2 to T4. Fire Disintegrate + 6p FB is super strong. Finally seeing a way to play my char on T6.

But Tal-Rasha seems odd. Familiar doesnt proc the meteor :(

This would seem to be a bug but we will have to wait for official patch notes / Blue Response to be sure. As for weapons proccing meteors they never did they only procced EE.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 01:19 AMPosted by Ardencroft
Forked Lightning : Now changes damage type to Fire

WHAT THE !@#$ING %^-* BLIZZ. !@#$ YOU LET ME HAVE A DECENT LIGHTNING BUILD AND STOP BUFFING EXPLOSIVE BLAST ALREADY AND %^-* !@#$ %^-* !@#$ %^-* !)@#$*#($*#(*$(#*$(#*$(#*$(#

Dont despair, yes forked was changed to fire, but what you might not noticed is that they removed Electrocute falloff damage. I am performing some tests and chainlightning w/mykens+VC and without damage falloff is even better than if forked stays lightning.
Forked is very dependent on crit chance and randomness in spark connects, chainlightning on the other hand is very very consistent in damage output.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 01:19 AMPosted by Jaetch
It's similar in playstyle to the WoW-Torrent build I use currently on live, with Disruption and Unleashed. The foundation is the same, you just change the runes to lightning variants.

yeah ive played around with a few gear variants of that too before(pure arcane/fire+arcane with cindy, legacy 10 apoc,etc), having a 1.5s eb cd is what made me iffy about managing ap though. but it works....

shame my crap wow just really allows me to test :(
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 01:20 AMPosted by pasch
Fire Disintegrate + 6p FB is super strong

yeah thtas the first thing i tested, killed t6 ghom in 11 secs.

with cindy, fb shoulders rcr (finally usefull!), 10 rcr paragon and an 8 rcr roll in fb source i could channel for some 20 secs wit no apoc. using mace btw.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 7/18/2014 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 04:01 PMPosted by Malakai
I hate, hate, HATE, HATE the change to Forked Lightning being fire now. :( :( :( :(

Reports on PTR forums about the diminishing returns having been removed from Electrocute jumps. I haven't tried it myself to confirm but that's pretty significant if true. Chain Lightning would crush Forked anyways if this is the case.

And oh yeah... RoF is a beast. I was seeing ticks upwards of 60M (x2 per second) at times. 30-40M with a Snowflake build that was meteor focused and less buffed for T6 than I previously ran it in T5 in Live.

The new AT lightning rune appears to be Forked Lightning on truckloads of steroids too. Same style of skill but way, way more damage and now you have to pay for it.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 7/18/2014 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^^ just tested chain lightning.... no diminishing now

have video feedback. gime 5 mins and its up

edit: Up now

http://youtu.be/70ot5fLkQBA
Edited by ximae#1789 on 7/18/2014 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 02:16 AMPosted by ximae
^^ just tested chain lightning.... no diminishing now

have video feedback. gime 5 mins and its up

edit: Up now

http://youtu.be/70ot5fLkQBA

Looks like confirmation to me.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Haven't played an Electrocute wizard before... but is 138% x 20 / <number of enemies> really that great? 1380% against two targets... but once you get to ten targets it drops to barely 280%. Is that really viable to use? Or is there something wrong with my maths?
Reply Quote
Haven't played an Electrocute wizard before... but is 138% x 20 / <number of enemies> really that great? 1380% against two targets... but once you get to ten targets it drops to barely 280%. Is that really viable to use? Or is there something wrong with my maths?

No, that's about right. It's a signature skill though... 280%-1380% is pretty damn good for a skill that costs nothing to use. Plus it's fully ranged and can have crowd control added via a passive. It's not like you can't pair it with something else at the same time either. It makes for a strong foundation of a build, in my opinion.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 7/18/2014 2:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Guys... Just wow. I am amazed.

Blizzard did so many things right with 1 update.
Reply Quote
Last datamined buffs are simply amazing, especially Disintegrate having a fire rune, along with massive channeling damage buff in general

You are awesome Blizz, I love you XD
Reply Quote
View profile
From monster QQ hate n rage...

Love!
Reply Quote
Is it time to come back to the wizard?!
Reply Quote
There was never a time to turn away.
Reply Quote
Liking what I'm reading thus far.. except this:

07/17/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Boozor
Disintegrate : Now deals 390% weapon damage initially (up from 360%), increasing by 250% (up from 100%) per second, up to 890% (up from 860%).

Wish they'd just let the damage start at where it is now and ramp up from there. My favorite skill from day 1.

Really interested in playing my lightning wiz some more. Now to find gear (and time!).
Reply Quote
Jumped on PTR to check out the new skills myself yesterday for like 30 mins.

Didn't find anything cool, so just commenting on some skills I used.

PROS

1) Lightning EB / WOH is awesome, very flexible, great DPS output
2) Fire Disintegrate - awesome with cindercoat combo
3) Lots more options to play around with now. Very good situation
4) Lightning torrent rune arguable too strong

CONS

1) Channelers are not strong enough alone (cept lighting torrent)
2) Animations of some of new skills look like crap
3) Same useless passives are still useless
4) Diamond skin / Familiar / Meteor / Orbs - waiting for their turn to shine.

Great step in the right direction and shows our faith has been rewarded (sort of)

Woooo pumped!
Reply Quote
I'm not finding anything comparable to Fire Disintegrate + 6piece Firebird + Cindercoat. Of course this is for group play. Can't exactly tank with channeling spells. Still think Wizards need a bit more DPS.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Hotz
I'm not finding anything comparable to Fire Disintegrate + 6piece Firebird + Cindercoat. Of course this is for group play. Can't exactly tank with channeling spells. Still think Wizards need a bit more DPS.

arcane dynamo my friend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]