Diablo® III

Tried out a few things on PTR

So this morning I tried a few things. I did all my testing on T5 rifts and I did do it with a Unity.

I currently lack a few key items to try out. I don't have a Cindercoat, Woh or Fire SoJ.

I tried a few iterations of the Mirror/Mirror build because that's what I am doing on Live. Of course I managed to find an Int, Vit, CC, CD Tal Ammy on PTR so I tried:

Pure Firebirds
Tals+Aughild+Crimson
Firebirds+Tals

The Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aOYkNP!SRbZ!cccZbc

All three are viable. I failed a level 25 rift with the Firebirds+Tals combination. I wasn't able to roll crit damage off of my Unity for a socket before I ran out of mats but I could see a combination of the two gems being very strong with the build:

Bane of the Trapped
Increase damage against enemies under the effects of control-impairing effects by 20%+.
Gain an aura that reduces the movement speed of enemies within 15 yards by 30%.

Simplicity's Strength
Increase the damage of primary skills by 25%+.
Primary skills heal you for 2% of maximum health on hit.

I did notice that with Firebird's and Tal's I didn't really see the big 30-40m+ ticks. Is this because of the fact that Mirror Images currently is messing up with the Firebird's ticks? I think pure Firebird might be better than Firebird+Tals but I will try this out more later.

I also tried out the new Disintigrate with the fire rune. I crafted a Devastator but without a Cindercoat I didn't really enjoy it.

However I tried the following build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VRNSjT!XSZh!ZaYbYZ

I tried it out with The Furnace. Now it's a 3400 DPS one with Str and Attack speed that I found on my Crusader (currently untouched so I could possible go Str->Int or reroll the socket to Damage %). With all those skills and passives regenerating Arcane Power I could use Disintigrate basically for free leaving your AP for Gale Force. I thought this was incredibly powerful with the 6p Firebird's set and I thought it was very fun. I currently don't have a Cindercoat so I am using 5p+Magefists. 5p (using gloves)+Cindercoat may be stronger and may also let you swap out some of the skills for the higher damage runes. So far this was probably the most fun I had this morning but it might not be viable without Unity.

Currently trying to get The Swami and Vyr boots so I can try out Archon and the new synergy between Archon, Vyr and the new affix on The Swami.
Edited by Windgrace#1856 on 7/18/2014 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Windgrace

I did notice that with Firebird's and Tal's I didn't really see the big 30-40m+ ticks. Is this because of the fact that Mirror Images currently is messing up with the Firebird's ticks?

yes - but also through using tals you lose fire damage from either magefists, firebirds source, or cindercoat - and unless you have a GG fire% int/cc/high cd tals ammy you are losing considerable damage there as well.
Edited by GrizZ#1908 on 7/18/2014 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 11:11 AMPosted by GrizZ
07/18/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Windgrace

I did notice that with Firebird's and Tal's I didn't really see the big 30-40m+ ticks. Is this because of the fact that Mirror Images currently is messing up with the Firebird's ticks?

yes - but also through using tals you lose fire damage from either magefists, firebirds source, or cindercoat - and unless you have a GG fire% int/cc/high cd tals ammy you are losing considerable damage there as well.

The Tal's Ammy I found on PTR has like 670 int, 9.5 cc, 60 CD and I rerolled the fourth stat 20% fire. The bonus meteors were nice but I think their DPS might be lacking. I will do more runs with Pure Firebirds later to see how that works in comparison (and I suppose drop Mirror Images entirely).
Reply Quote
Ok did a T5 and T6 rift with pure Firebirds and it is definitely stronger than Firebird+Tals and Tals+Aughild+Crimson for the Mirror/Mirror Build.

Also, Bane of the Trapped and Simplicity's Strength are FANTASTIC with this build.

Did a T6 Rift with the Disintigrate build and it seemed a bit slower than Mirror/Mirror but I could also probably benefit from getting a Cindercoat and trying that out as well.

With this build I was using Taeguk and Bane of the Powerful. I can definitely see Taeguk being useful for channeling builds.

I also found Firebird's shoulders and at the very least Black Hole % is no longer a guaranteed roll! It rolled Int, Armor, CDR and RCR.
Edited by Windgrace#1856 on 7/18/2014 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]