Diablo® III

Question about Purchasing Ultimate Evil Ed

I already own the PC version but I am making the switch to console version.

I would like to get a jump start on leveling my new characters before Ultimate Evil Edition is released.
Is there any way to get the original version of the game without purchasing it seperately from the Ultimate Evil Edition?

Like maybe I can preorder the Ultimate Evil Edition and play the original while I wait for the release date?

Seeing as the Ultimate evil version comes with the original version it doesn't really make sense for me to purchase the original now and then the Ultimate Evil Edition in a month.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
No. UEE is one game. Its all or nothing.

If you really want to play prior to launch, you could possibly rent the game from gamefly/ redbox, or borrow it from a friend.

Alternatively, Amazon has the disk version on sale for $19.99 -- and the digital for $39.99 (I snagged it digital off Amazon for $25 in January personally).
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 7/22/2014 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the speedy response.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I had a question that nobody seems to be able to find out. So let's say i have the console version of diablo 3 already and im looking to play the UEE. is there a way i can transfer my characters and data to the new PS3/PS4 version or would i have to buy the game separately and create characters all over again.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/22/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Bipolarbeár
I had a question that nobody seems to be able to find out. So let's say i have the console version of diablo 3 already and im looking to play the UEE. is there a way i can transfer my characters and data to the new PS3/PS4 version or would i have to buy the game separately and create characters all over again.

If you have the PS3 version of Diablo III then you'll be able to transfer your save file to UEE for PS3 or PS4, and continue on with those same characters.
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Grimiku
07/22/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Bipolarbeár

If you have the PS3 version of Diablo III then you'll be able to transfer your save file to UEE for PS3 or PS4, and continue on with those same characters.

Grimiku... any chance you could just give an ETA on the QA? It's less than a month until launch now, and you guys are neglecting our forum for the PTR.

If not the QA, maybe give us some real attention (the posts you've been tagging are ones that us other active posters would have answered.)
Reply Quote
Do some of you people do any research of your own. This has been answered at least a thousand times for months.
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Grimiku

Grimiku, the big question some of us are living in absolute terror over is how we move to PS4 from PS3 when we no longer have the PS3 hardware; just the Stash and Heroes file in our possession on USB stick.

Fearmongers amongst the user base are telling people we'll actually need a physical disc copy of D3 as well as the PS3 hardware in order to transfer our characters to PS4. The physical disc rumor is ludicrous to me primarily because so many people bought digital (myself included).

Any info you can share, so I can begin to make arrangements for this scenario now - while there's still time - would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Ya, everyone's pissing their pants seeing a blue post on console forums and it is about... something every active forum member could have addressed to. Not even MVP, just a forum member. Now THAT, my friends, is teasing =)
Reply Quote
07/24/2014 03:05 AMPosted by Safer
Ya, everyone's pissing their pants seeing a blue post on console forums and it is about... something every active forum member could have addressed to. Not even MVP, just a forum member. Now THAT, my friends, is teasing =)

Not teasing, just typical. Blizzard Blue's posting info about a topic that's clearly been answered before is practically all they're good for. They almost never answer any legitimately concerning questions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]