Diablo® III

New Build Idea - Frozen Build

RoF and Blizzard got some buffs w/ new ptr. Here are a couple of builds I am going to try tonight on PTR. I wanted to know what some of you guys think.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aZilNO!cZWS!ZcYZZc

Concept: This build I think is more of a utility build for groups than a damage generator for solo. It is very gear dependent and quite squishy but the point is to freeze everything until party or you kill enemies.... Stacking RCR is a must somewhere between +30-40% is needed as well as 8 APoC...

Gear:
Weapon: SS or Azurewrath for freeze or more hydras
Helm: Magistrate for frost hydra to cast nova
Source: Mirroball for more damage and spikes on GS for freeze and used as AP generator
Belt: String of Ears for pure defense in melee
Shoulders: Aughild's for defense and damage
Bracer: Aughild's for defense and damage
Rings:SoJ and RoRG
Ammy: Eye of Elitch for ranged damage
Pants:Crimson's for more rcr
Boots:Crimson's for more rcr
Gloves:Frosties for freeze chance

there are a few things you could switch out. you could run LoG w/ Cold blooded rune to use RoF as a generator and drop prodigy for defense rune like ward or unstable and a few other but this is what I'm going to test tonight since I have all of the gear
Reply Quote
I've been running that build on live, but with Comet for AOE.

RoF worked out ok - I was actually looking for a good Winter Flurry build, but Mirroball w/ GS is just too good for no arcane cost.
Reply Quote
anyone have any opinions on this? is it too AP dependant? Would I lose too much stacking RCR?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]