Diablo® III

Lightning is T6 legit now in PTR

Arcane torrent (lightning rune) + lightning blizzard is real, real nice. slap on jang's envelopment with 80% slow and supermassive black hole, and you're pretty much safe to channel till everything's dead.
Reply Quote
Sounds great. Wish I didn't smash my Jang's especially since Blackhole got huge buffs. Still yes lots of other ways to cc as a Wizard.
Reply Quote
Meh, I haven't tried PTR a whole lot but I still don't like breaking the channel to cast Black Hole(every 5 seconds) or something @_@

hmm on a second look since it takes 2 seconds to reach max damage.......... yeah B|
Edited by Ixeilon#6410 on 7/17/2014 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I tested with lightning storm and can confirm that it stacks additively from your mirrors, the same way as gale force.
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 09:19 PMPosted by vishnu
I tested with lightning storm and can confirm that it stacks additively from your mirrors, the same way as gale force.

HUGE!
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 09:19 PMPosted by vishnu

Trying that next.
Reply Quote
Energy twister is now cast from the point of your cursor, considerable buff to the skill.
Reply Quote
what about lightning woh wizards

stack lightning. stack conduit gem (since there is no fire% legendary gem yet)
3 second cd.

blizzard has lightning storm deal 20% more dmg , or 100% chance to freeze for 2.5 seconds.

shocking aspect..
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 7/17/2014 11:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was trying out something like this, and it is really powerful and fun. Storm Crow is really handy because it can roll APOC (and the +lightning of course). Also used the lightning armor that got buffed, and it puts out a lot of damage. You use Paralysis and stuff just gets stunned and stays stunned. It's really fun.

The other thing about this build - try it with a 2H weapon. Makes it very easy to achieve perma-channel.

This iteration is HUGE, I want to make a Wiz of every element now, because there are legit builds for all now. Even just whatever crappy gear you have sitting in your stash, you can make a build for an element and it will be effective on T4/T5.
Reply Quote
I ran EB-Flash on PTR and ran into resource issues quite quickly when spamming it. The 3sec cooldown + CDR gear is going to mean you'll have to sacrifice some stats to stack APOC or resource cost reduction - annoying for not that big a benefit compared to Firebird+WoH.

P.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
07/17/2014 11:05 PMPosted by chrisloup
what about lightning woh wizards

stack lightning. stack conduit gem (since there is no fire% legendary gem yet)
3 second cd.

blizzard has lightning storm deal 20% more dmg , or 100% chance to freeze for 2.5 seconds.

shocking aspect..

It's possible. Lightning does have the ability to clear content fairly well (at least in comparison to what we have now). I was running the new Flash rune (lightning) for Explosive Blast in addition to Lightning Storm and Mirror Image.

However, I'm still a little iffy about its potential in comparison to fire-based builds.
Reply Quote
vc/mykens with electrocute: very minimal drop off per mob. single target still weak though i think
Reply Quote
i love lightning storm it's awesome! just cast once then channel with at (lightning rune). intense!
Reply Quote
There also needs to be some buffs to Electrocute (non fire runes) to facilitate VC/Mykens use with the new spenders. but yes I agree all is starting to look good in Wizard land :)
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 08:41 PMPosted by kokopuffs
Arcane torrent (lightning rune) + lightning blizzard is real, real nice. slap on jang's envelopment with 80% slow and supermassive black hole, and you're pretty much safe to channel till everything's dead.

I can do around GR30 with lightning torrent using Parthian Defenders but past that I just don't have enough damage.
Reply Quote
Anybody have a solid electrocute based build they're running?

I've been using Blizzard with Lightning Storm, Chain Lightning, and Supermassive Black Hole (for strongarms)- but single target sucks.

Maybe swap Black Hole for Arcane Torrent w/ Lightning rune?
Reply Quote
07/17/2014 11:44 PMPosted by MrPetrov
I ran EB-Flash on PTR and ran into resource issues quite quickly when spamming it. The 3sec cooldown + CDR gear is going to mean you'll have to sacrifice some stats to stack APOC or resource cost reduction - annoying for not that big a benefit compared to Firebird+WoH.

P.

I tested flash too. APoC is not needed or useful (because of proc coefficients). I put on Tal's for the AP regen bonus, and astral presence. That did the trick.

It is still less damage than chain reaction with firebird, though.
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/18/2014 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IMO Tal set should get a buff, with so many spenders getting buffed we need more arcane power.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 08:10 AMPosted by vishnu
07/17/2014 11:44 PMPosted by MrPetrov

P.

I tested flash too. APoC is not needed or useful (because of proc coefficients). I put on Tal's for the AP regen bonus, and astral presence. That did the trick.

It is still less damage than chain reaction with firebird, though.

did you try with duplicates/blizzard?
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 08:19 AMPosted by kokopuffs
did you try with duplicates/blizzard?

Yes. I even did the testing to make sure it was additive between mirrors.

It is good, but not as good as gale force, because the debuff doesn't persist. As soon as the monster is out of the blizzard the damage debuff is gone. But even if you treat them as roughly equivalent, the firebird DoT simply outshines the higher EB damage of flash.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]