Diablo® III

rimeheart+black ice interaction

if something shatters via rimeheart while channeling BI, e.g. through frosties proc, will it leave black ice explosion? i dont have a rimeheart to test. if it does, rimeheart+frosties +black ice+winter flurry make a viable t6-stomping build?
Reply Quote
Yes it works like that, just tested on PTR. Bare in mind that chance to proc rimeheart effect is very low with RoF, 10x 0.333, thats ~3% to proc.
Reply Quote
RoF ticks very often. the proc rate per attack is around 1. (I believe RoF has a tickrate of 3). so you have ~10% per 0.7 seconds if you have no +aspd and a 1.4 aspd weapon.
Reply Quote
RoF is speed coeff 2 and .5 proc rate. Still should work better than glacial spike (.93 and extras from mirrorball don't proc).
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 06:30 PMPosted by grippgoat
extras from mirrorball don't proc

They do as of the latest ptr build.

If Black Ice stacks (I think they do), this might actually be a really good build! can't wait to try it out. If only I had a good pair of frostburns..
Reply Quote
I tried it a bit more, the problem seems to be that black ice patches are killing mobs faster than rimeheart have a chance to proc. Tested on T6.
Edited by Orrie#2203 on 7/19/2014 6:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 06:29 AMPosted by Orrie
I tried it a bit more, the problem seems to be that black ice patches are killing mobs faster than rimeheart have a chance to proc. Tested on T6.

LOL
Reply Quote
how bout one rime with max aps + 1-2 perma(?) freeze?
Edited by aw3s0m0#1140 on 7/19/2014 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]