Diablo® III

How Many Legendary Gems to Use?

I guess everyone will want either 2 or 3. Is it worth the affix in the amulet though? Or is 10% CC better than a third gem?

I'm thinking the Elite gem, and the bonus damage for spending resources are in for sure. Then maybe Smite, Conduit, or Attack speed. One of those must be better than 10 crit.
Reply Quote
I think sockets will become mandatory in rings... but agree the amulet will be a tough call. I think in most cases you are going to want the third socket though if the current iteration of gems sticks... at which point I'm not sure what is the best stat to drop. It might vary case to case but it will be interesting to see what the forum statisticians make of it.
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Eflin
I think sockets will become mandatory in rings... but agree the amulet will be a tough call. I think in most cases you are going to want the third socket though if the current iteration of gems sticks..

I will be runnign one in my MLW since the way it rolled was w/o CHD and INT so i chose CHD
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if they have fixed the MLW copy to the PTR? The last I heard it rerolled all the primaries except the one that was rolled with the Enchanter?
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Horak
Does anyone know if they have fixed the MLW copy to the PTR? The last I heard it rerolled all the primaries except the one that was rolled with the Enchanter?

Did the copy over last night after patch.

My MLW rolled

INT/ CC
CD**

The CD** was kept the same, while INT/CC rerolled to different values still. (rolled from 9.5%CC to 6.5%CC. Blows (level 60 MLW) )
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Boozor

My MLW rolled

INT/ CC
CD**

The CD** was kept the same, while INT/CC rerolled to different values still. (rolled from 9.5%CC to 6.5%CC. Blows (level 60 MLW) )

Yes, it is rerolling to different values, but each time you copy your toon to PTR you will have the same "different" values.
Reply Quote
Equipping an amulet with a socket is really difficult, because you're going to lose a really high roll that you need.

My plan is to stick with 2 legendary gems socketed into rings for now, and where possible sacrifice main stat on rings, something you can pick up using Paragon points.
Reply Quote
do you think its worth removing crit damage from my maras for lego gem?
Reply Quote
07/18/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Boozor

My MLW rolled

INT/ CC
CD**

So basically you get the same stats but *may* get different values? If so and we have a socket in our MLW, we will get a socket again...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]