Diablo® III

Finally THANKS Blizzard

Today's update was started at Midnight PDT. Finally and equitable solution for East and West Coast players. For most east coast players that means play time begins at 11 or noon, very equitable. For West Coast quitting at midnight during the work week seems to me very workable.

Thanks Blizzard
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
07/22/2014 07:17 AMPosted by SirJake
Today's update was started at Midnight PDT. Finally and equitable solution for East and West Coast players. For most east coast players that means play time begins at 11 or noon, very equitable. For West Coast quitting at midnight during the work week seems to me very workable.

Thanks Blizzard

They started early today because WoW has extended maintenance - 12 hours. The times tend to change depending on how long the games will be down. I would not expect the current start time to become standard, but you never know. If they get enough feedback maybe they will.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 7/22/2014 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
When we perform maintenance we do our best to have everything back up just as soon as possible. Please be aware that this particular maintenance was a bit different as it also affected Battle.net. In the future, our maintenance will likely follow its previous schedule and we’ll always try to provide advance notice about such outages.
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Araxom
When we perform maintenance we do our best to have everything back up just as soon as possible. Please be aware that this particular maintenance was a bit different as it also affected Battle.net. In the future, our maintenance will likely follow its previous schedule and we’ll always try to provide advance notice about such outages.

Well <<removed>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo
Edited by Lylirra on 7/22/2014 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Finally and equitable solution for East and West Coast players.

...that completely shafted the Australia/NZ/Asia Pacific playerbase.
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Hawkeye

Yeah, those were our main playing times. But we are used to it by now after numerous shafts, lol
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm in NZ and was forced - forced! - into spending quality time with the missus and kids 'cause the maintenance kicked in at 7pm local time. I'm tramautized, and you'll be hearing from my solicitors in due course.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
07/22/2014 06:37 PMPosted by spacecadet13
Yeah, I'm in NZ and was forced - forced! - into spending quality time with the missus and kids 'cause the maintenance kicked in at 7pm local time. I'm tramautized, and you'll be hearing from my solicitors in due course.

Isn't this exactly the argument for not changing it so east coast players can play?
Reply Quote

AAAHAHAHAHAHA, LOL, that was awesome, I laughed so hard when I read that I think a lil bit-o wee came out, HAHAHAHAHA, best reply I've ever read, 5 stars!!!!!!
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Hawkeye

I like that Australians continue to complain about this as though there is some sort of magical way to appease two groups of players with a nine hour difference between each other
Reply Quote
Midnight PST is actually a terrible time for me... I'm In that time zone and I get off work at ten. By the time I've wound down and done all I need to it's about midnight... I like to do my playing from midnight to 3 or 4 at least for multiple reasons. Biggest being the Australians and New Zealanders tend to be a MUCH better crowd than the Americans...
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 10:27 PMPosted by UnKnown01

AAAHAHAHAHAHA, LOL, that was awesome, I laughed so hard when I read that I think a lil bit-o wee came out, HAHAHAHAHA, best reply I've ever read, 5 stars!!!!!!

10/10 almost cried lmao. 'I'm traumatized' was the best
Edited by CrossFinder#1975 on 7/23/2014 2:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I like that Australians continue to complain about this as though there is some sort of magical way to appease two groups of players with a nine hour difference between each other
Well they could leave the aussie infrastructure up while updating the american infrastructure. They both share the same data afaik which is why we can still play against americans (At the cost of latency).

That way we can still at least play it single player/with other aussies.

So, when the American infrastructure is offline/updating we get directed to the Australian infrastructure and while the Aussie infrastructure is offline/updating we get redirected to the American infrastructure and when both are finished being updated everything returns to normal.

Americans would be unaffected and Aussies wouldn't experience the downtime at all but will experience different latencies during the process (Can display a warning about the latency changing, during player login).
Edited by SirSteel#1419 on 7/23/2014 4:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
have not been able to stay connected on battle net for more then a minute since the maintenance outage. error 3005 3006 3007 tried everything I can think of still not working. this may be the end of our time together =( . any suggestions?
Reply Quote
07/22/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Araxom

I really feel this would be a good suggestion to bring up at a dev meeting maybe something could be worked out to make this the normal :)
Reply Quote
i heard blizzard is implementing a new policy for all the online games.

quality time.

all game servers go down in the evening every tuesday and wednesday to promote time away from playing and add to family time. they will not be up until thursday of that week.
Reply Quote
I'm a bartender and my weekend is Tuesday Wednesday. I live nowhere near my family. That would be the end of Diablo.
Reply Quote
Lol i wonder what happenened to post 4 and that quote...
Reply Quote
Your maintenance is giving a lot of users frequent disconnects and lag. Killing HC characters. Is this being looked into?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]