Diablo® III

so im officially able to solo T6

and fairly efficiently to boot.
I'm using the unity combo solo and the SoJ in group play. CC effects in group play are killing me hard core.
anyone have any constructive criticisms that might help with that?

EDIT: made my statement more coherent, nobody uses unity in group play
Edited by Mark#1446 on 7/19/2014 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
drop elemental exposure for galvanizing ward or dominance (depending on how good your group is) and audacity (doesn't work with hydra) for illusionist. it should help you immensely.
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 09:23 AMPosted by kokopuffs
drop elemental exposure for galvanizing ward or dominance (depending on how good your group is) and audacity (doesn't work with hydra) for illusionist. it should help you immensely.
holy crap I haven't looked done my passives in forever, thank you!
Reply Quote
dominance is one of the strongest passives we have,no clue why almost no one is using it.
Reply Quote
kokopuffs has some good points, but I wouldn't take galvanizing ward pretty much ever. It is terribad. Evocation to bring down your black hole and mirror image cooldowns would be far more useful. Dominance is okay though if your group kills fast.

Speaking of mirror image, mirror mimics are junk. Swap them for duplicates. You'll get twice as many gale forces and event horizons out of them, and you don't even lose any damage (2x20 vs 4x10).
Edited by vishnu#1844 on 7/19/2014 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 10:49 AMPosted by vishnu
kokopuffs has some good points, but I wouldn't take galvanizing ward pretty much ever. It is terribad. Evocation to bring down your black hole and mirror image cooldowns would be far more useful. Dominance is okay though if your group kills fast.

Speaking of mirror image, mirror mimics are junk. Swap them for duplicates. You'll get twice as many gale forces and event horizons out of them, and you don't even lose any damage (2x20 vs 4x10).

Wow Thank you!
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 10:49 AMPosted by vishnu

galvanizing ward is ok up to t6 but starts lacking when things break your shields in one hit. I found it stopped working for me around GR~28, and since most people think GR 24-25 is t6, i think galv is fairly usable up til that point. It really depends on your playstyle and gearing. With a kiting build like hydra/mm, you shouldn't be getting hit all that much, letting your galv ward absorb the first hits of things like jailer/thunderstorm/etc. and being up when you need it.

I definitely wouldn't advise taking it in a melee build like woh, for instance.
Edited by kokopuffs#1945 on 7/19/2014 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 10:47 AMPosted by Sladenlol
dominance is one of the strongest passives we have,no clue why almost no one is using it.
Dominance fails when you need it the most, that's why nobody uses it. At least I need it the most when I'm killing a rift guardian or arena boss, rarely any enemies in those situations.
Reply Quote
only counts if you don't use Unity. :)

Twitter: @N3llee
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/N3llee
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com//TheN3llee
Reply Quote
Dominance isn't really that strong. The defense bonus you get from unwavering will is much better to be honest.

My only real feedback is to stop using the Unity Combo, it's tempting to do so but only if you Only play solo. Any time you play in a group you will be in for a major rude awakening. Ween yourself off those training wheels and play with the big boys.
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 09:16 AMPosted by Mark
I'm using the unity combo solo and the SoJ in group play.
Reply Quote
There's no reason not to use unity, so long as you aren't making choices about offensive vs defensive tradeoffs on your gear based on playing with unity.

I play 90% of the time in a group, but when I play solo, I use unity. I don't use it because i need it, I use it because it makes life easier. Who does like an easier life? I can watch TV while I grind without ever worrying about dying.

Unity is great, just don't build around it.
Reply Quote
Also, for a kiting build like hydra/MM i would recommend getting life regen rolls on belt and boot slots. Having that + paragon regen is very, very powerful in terms of boosting survivability.
Reply Quote
Hope bliz will fix the bug with hydra. hydra + lightning affix elite is no fun, unless you have the amulet
Edited by Lang#1206 on 7/19/2014 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Lang
Hope bliz will fix the bug with hydra. hydra + lightning affix elite is no fun, unless you have the amulet
I don't think its a bug, its more a case of reap what you so deal. Either way its not a good situation to be in.
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Mark
07/19/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Lang
I don't think its a bug, its more a case of reap what you so deal. Either way its not a good situation to be in.

have not gotten a decent lightning immune amulet. need to work on that!
Reply Quote
Hydra is not the only spell that is a problem with electrified. WD fetishes proc it like crazy, rain of toads procs it like crazy. Anything that hits quickly for small amounts is a problem.

That's not good design. Give the monsters an internal cooldown on the electrified proc. It doesn't have to be a long one, could be 1/4 of a second perhaps.
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 05:00 PMPosted by vishnu
Hydra is not the only spell that is a problem with electrified.

But it's much worse with hydra than with other skills. It's like there are 30 fetishes hitting the elite, it can't be intended. It woulnd't make sense, since other DoT skills don't proc it nearly as much.
Reply Quote
07/19/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Kurono
07/19/2014 05:00 PMPosted by vishnu
Hydra is not the only spell that is a problem with electrified.

But it's much worse with hydra than with other skills. It's like there are 30 fetishes hitting the elite, it can't be intended. It woulnd't make sense, since other DoT skills don't proc it nearly as much.

50 stacks of magic missile conflagrate tends to cover every pixel of ground for me.

in my case, it's a good thing, as i have a xephirian amulet, but i can't imagine anyone not using it would have anything other than a hell of a ride.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]