Cold Leap Quake w/ Seismic Slam
  • Leoric's Crown
  • Born Set
  • Chilanik’s Chain
  • &
    NO spender Ice Quaker... possibly avalanche included
    Legendary gem Gogok of Swiftness if the rank 50 works well....CDR
    Reply Quote
    Keep on playing high as, high cdr/almost perma chilanik boost, physical double nado WW as i do now. Probably still sucks for damage but all other builds and classes are just boring to me.

Still have some hopes for the new patch tho...

First off perma chilanik (faster WW then d3v) will be pretty easy to get with rgift. The as/cdr gem will also be fantastic and hope that it will allow me to play a little more like d3v again, but it will of course take a lot of time to get it to lvl50. But at least it a targeted way to get what i want not like those damned istvan blades that never drop.

Also maybe the WW dust devil rune will be worth using and i can go tripple nado! But it has to be better then the 8% from weapon mastery as i will need to switch to from blood funnel to bloodthirst. Or just maybe i will switch to bul kathos and can drop weapon master anyway as the fury gen is worthless, but only if i have lvl50 gem and they are still double crit bugged else it's probably not worth it.

But i also have a concern that with the ancient snapshotting fixed they will not be able to generate me enough fury, as/cdr gem+istvan will probably be a no go but i'll be happy enough if i could at least use one. And of course also will need the pet can't die gem to make sure they keep generating me fury, but that will also require lvl50.

Oh well, guess i'll just have to keep on farming, who knows even those damned istvan blades drop one day :P

EDIT: as/cdr gem+istvan might still be possible when dropping all other AS i guess, which would open up a lot of new primary spots to go to dps. But i guess that's just dreaming as it will be very hard to get both.
    Edited by dyna#2828 on 7/24/2014 4:33 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I will likely stay with my lightning/Raekors build as I enjoy it and can already do T6 with it. I will look to continue to tweak it. I am also thinking about making a second barb as I would like to try a cold/leap barb.
    Reply Quote
    I will turn every stone in the game to find a viable WW build, after I most likely fail I´ll go with the most efficient one, crying every time I read blizz post that they think viable is not the same as efficient.

Im not that bitter, 2.1 is looking pretty good and Grift boards with in game ladder will give devs good info for 2.1+ patches too so wee I guess
    Reply Quote
    07/24/2014 03:37 AMPosted by MFer
    i d like to be double-tornado barb... in 1.0.8...

+1
    Reply Quote
    07/24/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Wareo
    I will likely stay with my lightning/Raekors build as I enjoy it and can already do T6 with it. I will look to continue to tweak it. I am also thinking about making a second barb as I would like to try a cold/leap barb.

T6 already?
    What are your skills and your equip?
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    07/23/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Clyphord
    I want to try a Raekor/Frenzy build, no spenders. Vile Ward too.
    Berserker rage for a passive, Bastion's Revered (10 frenzy stacks) with +frenzy on belt/legs (Depth Diggers). Not sure of element, Fire would be nice for Maniac frenzy rune (+25% damage at 10stacks, yeah?) but there's no legendary gem that directly relates to fire unless I'm mistaken. Lightning with mini conduit would be cool, or Pain Enhancer for phys. Outside of that , Simplicity's Strength and Bane of the Powerful seem like decent gem choices. Probably will go with lightning, permastun from Smite (Frenzy rune) will make most GRift bosses more manageable I guess? + mini Conduit just too fun to pass up.

That's the build I've been screwing around with in my head.

Personally, I love the idea of this build. I'm going to work on getting the right gear set up so I can try it out, too.
    Reply Quote
    07/24/2014 01:29 PMPosted by Grimiku
    Berserker rage for a passive, Bastion's Revered (10 frenzy stacks) with +frenzy on belt/legs (Depth Diggers). Not sure of element, Fire would be nice for Maniac frenzy rune (+25% damage at 10stacks, yeah?) but there's no legendary gem that directly relates to fire unless I'm mistaken. Lightning with mini conduit would be cool, or Pain Enhancer for phys. Outside of that , Simplicity's Strength and Bane of the Powerful seem like decent gem choices. Probably will go with lightning, permastun from Smite (Frenzy rune) will make most GRift bosses more manageable I guess? + mini Conduit just too fun to pass up.

Personally, I love the idea of this build. I'm going to work on getting the right gear set up so I can try it out, too.

How about stoping the smalltalk and start having a serious discussion about the issues that have been presented by the barb community?!?!
    Or some frankness, just so we can stop wasting our time posting feedback (that has been going since pre-beta) and you can stop pretending you actually listen. That would be nice.
    Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 7/24/2014 1:47 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Hey Grim, I appreciate that you forwarded the recent feedback regarding Furious Charge and elemental runes for certain skills, which resulted in proper changes, so thanks for that.

But mind asking around at your next meeting what is up with providing legendary effect support for
  • primary generator as main damage dealer with no spender builds and
  • cooldown related generators with no spender builds
  • these days while leaving the main spenders wondering why they are outperformed left and right?

It is kind of worrisome, because spenders were designed to give us a feeling of power in the first place...people are slowly beginning to feel like Barbs are losing their raw/melee fantasy and turn into yet another caster, so the class may lose its charm.

I might be wrong of course.

Any kind of philosophy behind recent changes and item effect creation - the "why" would be great, cause we´re sort of floundering in here / are unsure about the direction the class is heading towards.

Thanks in advance and good luck with the drops.
    Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 7/24/2014 1:51 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    And how would you sustain health points with this marvelous no spender build ?

Stack LoS you say ?

Be prepared to find out that after you have gimped your edps by 2-3 main affixes, that its still not enough to stay in melee range, and you can only dream about attacking a lightning enchanted RG with frenzy @ tier ~30.
    Edited by Det0x#2856 on 7/24/2014 2:02 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    07/22/2014 10:47 PMPosted by Socrates
    07/22/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Grimiku
    I haven't settled on a build yet, but was recently messing with a cold Raekor/IK just for kicks. It was fun, but I'm going to keep playing with builds until I find something that really suits my playstyle. It's fun to see what builds some of you are thinking about going with when the patch hits, though, and it might help give some of your fellow Barbarians some ideas to work with.

thanks for ruining pet barbs with your fix to snap shotting, any chance you will actually buff Call of the Ancients so we are not forced into cookie cutter builds?

GD ----------------->

Grimaku is a good guy, go harass somebody else.

I'll run whatever builds my gear dictates most likely, then, once I get real endgame gear again, I'll probably run whatever is most efficient for a HC barb.
    Reply Quote
    07/24/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Ravlaor
    How about stoping the smalltalk and start having a serious discussion about the issues that have been presented by the barb community?!?!
    Or some frankness, just so we can stop wasting our time posting feedback (that has been going since pre-beta) and you can stop pretending you actually listen. That would be nice.

What Bryanw1995 said.

Also, Ill bet Grims prompted discussion regarding the topic "please reintroduce E&M bug fix" resulted in enough solid feedback that the bug fix was reversed in the PTR shortly after.

Cheers
    CC123

Link to the thread:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13347124592#3
    Edited by CC123#1310 on 7/24/2014 3:50 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Barbarella, 2- handed, and SC. Sorry, but I still don't trust server stability, especially with the HUGE population once 2.1 and the ladders are live. ^^
    Reply Quote
    07/24/2014 03:15 PMPosted by CC123
    07/24/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Ravlaor

What Bryanw1995 said.

Also, Ill bet Grims prompted discussion regarding the topic "please reintroduce E&M bug fix" resulted in enough solid feedback that the bug fix was reversed in the PTR shortly after.

Cheers
    CC123

Link to the thread:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13347124592#3

I meant no disrespect CC123 nor to Grimiku,
    I've been here since alpha. Yes! Since day first when this site was launched and back in the old D2 forums. So I know the trend. The lack of communication, plain communication and discussion from devs is awful.

The fact is: Grimiku is a community manager not a developper, the fact that proper feedback regarding Barb philosophy and design as class has been posted here from years and we had zero game designers to discuss with just show what I posted here.

How many of us here has more than 1K hours on Barb alone?!?!?!

It's that simple.

Edit: I'll refrain from posting this subject so as to not derail the purpose of this thread. This was more of a vent/frustration post. I apologize for my harshness.
    Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 7/24/2014 3:59 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I'd like to try out a Thunderviking (have yet to decide on skills), a Cyclops King (homm3 reference, a rock thrower of gigantic strength) or a Tauren Chieftain (ground slam + seismic slam + furious charge).
    I will be definitely giving 2-handers another shot at amazing me.
    Reply Quote
    07/22/2014 06:07 PMPosted by wtfitsmark
    What skill set will you be using in 2.1?

* Cold Leapquake Barb
    * Fire Leapquake Barb
    * Fire Raekor/Hota
    * Lightning/IK Whirlwind
    * Physical Whirlwind

My own? It's about having fun, not about cookiecutters.
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    Crusader, the pre-ros barbarian
    Reply Quote
    07/24/2014 01:29 PMPosted by Grimiku

I'd love to run the build that gives barbs their power back...it existed once and could again. Whisper softly to them Grim and if that doesn't work, I'd suggest blunt force trauma.
    Reply Quote
    If no further changes to barb, I'd rather be a potato
    Reply Quote
    07/24/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Baconinja
    If no further changes to barb, I'd rather be a potato

A baked one or a mashed one?

Ill be monk or a sader

#teammelee
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]