Diablo® III

The potential of Taeguk

good thing i never looked into using that set that takes up bag space, i should go salvage it all ty for reminding me
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 01:04 PMPosted by Blackglitch
This has already been tested once you hit 6.6 RCR it stops working, below that will allow you to spend one spirit per tick, and keep the stacks up, I have tested this myself. The RCR takes the cost off the 75 spirit before the reduction of 70 points, make it cost 74 with RCR and you have a way to abuse it with inna's set.

Ahh that makes sense now. I totally forgot I had % from paragon just casting naked with just Inna set on. I forgot the legacy -5 spirit cost SoJs worked the same way.

75 Spirit x 94.4 = 70.5 spirit cost - 70 from Inna = ,5 spirit spent per cast = Taeguk procs.
75 Spirit x 94.2 = 69.9 spirit cost - 70 from Inna = 0 spirit spent = Taeguk doesn't proc.

So it's working... probably as intended. Holding SW button down is going to look stupid though!
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Davlok
07/27/2014 01:04 PMPosted by Blackglitch
This has already been tested once you hit 6.6 RCR it stops working, below that will allow you to spend one spirit per tick, and keep the stacks up, I have tested this myself. The RCR takes the cost off the 75 spirit before the reduction of 70 points, make it cost 74 with RCR and you have a way to abuse it with inna's set.

Ahh that makes sense now. I totally forgot I had % from paragon just casting naked with just Inna set on. I forgot the legacy -5 spirit cost SoJs worked the same way.

75 Spirit x 94.4 = 70.5 spirit cost - 70 from Inna = ,5 spirit spent per cast = Taeguk procs.
75 Spirit x 94.2 = 69.9 spirit cost - 70 from Inna = 0 spirit spent = Taeguk doesn't proc.

So it's working... probably as intended. Holding SW button down is going to look stupid though!

It is still a bug, imo. The cost of RCR should be after any special items, not before.

Basically, the Innas' reduces it to 5, then RCR kicks in. That's the correct way. Not have RCR off the original value, then have items kick in.

Should be this way for all skills or items which cost resource. RCR should be the LAST modifier.
Reply Quote
why do you need it to cost so little, u will regen more spirit than spent and waste stats. I do not understand why it is even being talked about, spamming SW every 2 seconds would decrease the uptime of actual meaningful dmg as SW does hardly any dmg, and if you are using it for regen its even worse as you will have way too much spirit than you actually spend =/
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 09:40 PMPosted by Azlol
why do you need it to cost so little, u will regen more spirit than spent and waste stats. I do not understand why it is even being talked about, spamming SW every 2 seconds would decrease the uptime of actual meaningful dmg as SW does hardly any dmg, and if you are using it for regen its even worse as you will have way too much spirit than you actually spend =/

Because, if the formula hold true, it applies to any skill, any item, any class. Sure, there may be some cases where the benefits of some skills or items turns in our favor, but, in other cases, it can be not in our favor. This is not just about SW. It is about the logic and design (bug?) Blizzard has implemented.

Now, take this and apply this concept to other skills, abilities; CDR for example....What problems may lie with that using the same design.
Reply Quote
07/27/2014 10:31 PMPosted by Relvinian
Because, if the formula hold true, it applies to any skill, any item, any class. Sure, there may be some cases where the benefits of some skills or items turns in our favor, but, in other cases, it can be not in our favor. This is not just about SW. It is about the logic and design (bug?) Blizzard has implemented.

but this is not about any skill, any item, any class. It is about the monk class and Inna's set with SW.

07/27/2014 10:31 PMPosted by Relvinian
Now, take this and apply this concept to other skills, abilities; CDR for example....What problems may lie with that using the same design.

But, CDR does not work that way. Why waste your time theorycrafting or doing math when you could be solving an actual problem? Inna's set is bad we all know this, wish it was not true but it is. Why not tackle a problem we need tackled and don't waste your time on such trivial things.
Reply Quote
It's not trivial.. a person with say a lvl 200 gem could hold SW down, stack it to 200 then TR his way to oblivion
Reply Quote
Or just use TR, get rid of SW and get rid of the useless Inna set. Now you have a free ability slot, and 2-3 free gear slots (depending on if you use RoRG or not). Just improved your build for efficiency and most likely damage/toughness. TR will also most likely stack the gem fastest, as the proc rate increases with attack speed.
Reply Quote
Yea, TR builds using Taeguk shouldn't need SW (though Inner storms spirit is the one stop solution to the new TR cost), Inna-SW spam was the guessed not-fun-solution for standard non-TR build to keep Targuk buff up.
Reply Quote
Love this gem. Definitely has one of the best stats among all the gems.

Should be awesome with the HolyStick build.
Reply Quote
07/28/2014 08:49 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Love this gem. Definitely has one of the best stats among all the gems.

It is almost unquestionably the best dps/dmg gem in the game as it not only gives you dmg with every upgrade as also toughness for every upgrade, past 50, and lets be honest getting past 50 is easy. Started leveling a gem yesterday and got 20 levels in 1 day, good luck i know, but getting 10-15 levels a day is easily doable with the right approach.
Edited by Azlol#1523 on 7/28/2014 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/27/2014 09:40 PMPosted by Azlol

Thats why we have macro's, it does all the work for you.
Reply Quote
RIP Taeguk..

As I've been saying, Bane of The Trapped + Moratorium = GG.
Reply Quote
Taeguk still refreshes its stacks, looks like it just got nerfed in max potential.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Davlok
Taeguk still refreshes its stacks, looks like it just got nerfed in max potential.

Could just be unintended... it does seem in the patch notes like they are trying to remove that functionality.

Who knows though.. with all the changes they've made this patch, I'm pretty sure they are giving up on trying to fix monks and are just trying to PR the class into something that might be categorized as 'yeah, sorta, kinda works'.

If GRs didn't exist and T6 is where the game ended.. these changes could be potentially awesome. But since GRs are the new end game (whether you like it or not)... these changes overall (although there are some good ones), show a lack of understanding of what monks want out of their class. Especially on the offensive side of the equation.. at least they gave us a decent defensive passive to pair with harmony now though.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:52 PMPosted by scrapz
RIP Taeguk..

As I've been saying, Bane of The Trapped + Moratorium = GG.

As is now, yes Bane of the trapped will most likely be the best DMG gem. As far as Moratorium I am still unsure about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]