Diablo® III

Rifting is making me sad :(

93 Draenei Shaman
Ok, so I'm pretty new. Not to Diablo, but to D3.Today I broke down and bought reaper of souls, and completed act 5 in a few hours. I've been playing solo, while my son levels a new toon. I started rifting right away, after I finished Act 5, but I have noticed that even though I'm level 65, every piece of gear that I get is 61. Doesn't matter what the difficulty is set at, and it doesn't matter what act I play in, every piece of gear is 61. I couldn't count them all but I'd guess over 100 drops.... all 61. Is this working as intended?
Reply Quote
At 66, you'll get lvl 66 gear.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman
Ah, ok, that's disappointing. Does it work the same way in campaign mode? Because getting the same level gear, over and over is not fun for me.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
The item levels in Reaper of Souls comes in brackets, so it is working as intended. The brackets change at level 61, 66, and 70, and when they drop is based on your character's level. That also means item levels won't change based on the game mode you're in.

The reason the gear comes in level brackets, though, is that we didn't want players to feel like they need to equip a new set of gear every time they level up while they're on their journey to 70. We really appreciate you giving Reaper of Souls a try, and we hope you and your son have fun adventuring in Sanctuary!
Reply Quote
07/25/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Grimiku
The reason the gear comes in level brackets, though, is that we didn't want players to feel like they need to equip a new set of gear every time they level up while they're on their journey to 70.

Lame
Reply Quote
07/25/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Darkmatt419
Lame

Lol it takes like an hour to get from 65 to 70 if you try, and this is something to call "lame?"

Personally, I thought it was great that resources weren't wasted on sub-70 items more than necessary.
Reply Quote
07/25/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Darkmatt419
The reason the gear comes in level brackets, though, is that we didn't want players to feel like they need to equip a new set of gear every time they level up while they're on their journey to 70.

Lame
lol how so? It actually makes sense. Whats lame is your gear....SHOTS FIRED!!!!!!! lol jk
Reply Quote
I can get you from 0-70 in 65-75 mins
Reply Quote
The item levels in Reaper of Souls comes in brackets, so it is working as intended. The brackets change at level 61, 66, and 70, and when they drop is based on your character's level. That also means item levels won't change based on the game mode you're in.

The reason the gear comes in level brackets, though, is that we didn't want players to feel like they need to equip a new set of gear every time they level up while they're on their journey to 70. We really appreciate you giving Reaper of Souls a try, and we hope you and your son have fun adventuring in Sanctuary!

this is a great ideas , I remember before every time I level up the first thing in my mind is looking for an upgrade gear.... yeah it was a bad logic that each time you level up and then you have to look for a new gear...... anyway thanks for this new ideas
Reply Quote
View profile
07/25/2014 11:58 AMPosted by JTMaian
lol how so? It actually makes sense.

I think the idea would be that this is a game ABOUT equipping new gear. Upgrades.

That they would stop for several levels at a time... is kind of self-contradictory.

What's so bad about upgrading your gear? Every level? Every rift? Every 5 minutes?

07/25/2014 01:15 PMPosted by KungFuPanDa
the first thing in my mind is looking for an upgrade gear

Pretty sure it still "should" be - even at 70.

It truly doesnt matter, as leveling takes hardly any time. But the mindset of the game is progression of gear... and as the monsters level up, you "dont" in these few levels.

It's not a unique complaint. That's all.
Edited by MrWarglaive#1296 on 7/25/2014 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So if the level requirement doesn't go up incrementally every single level, your gear isn't getting better? You'll be fine, you can find better level 61 gear for a few levels.
Edited by zeke#1492 on 7/25/2014 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/25/2014 01:31 PMPosted by zeke
you can find better level 61 gear for a few levels.

You can get by in level 40 stuff. That's wasnt the point.

And i am not personally complaining, just attempting to explain the concept.

edit- you dont HAVE to find new, better gear... but it's always nice. Always. They dont stop trying to upgrade from 62-65 - they just stop finding ilevels above 61. And 66-69.
Edited by MrWarglaive#1296 on 7/25/2014 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Even though your gear's level isn't going up every level, it can still be upgrading every level. Especially if you're in Rifts. You're at 61, now 62? Oh look, a new Xbow with %dmg and Dexterity, upgrade. 63? Oh look, a Quiver with higher CC%.

You could still be literally upgrading every drop from 61-70.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/25/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Jako
You could still be literally upgrading every drop from 61-70.

But the fact is that you generally dont. You make an item leap at 60, then 61, then 65.

This is going back to RoS launch, as well. Question was raised by many at the time.

It's mostly about new players now, and currently in this new player forum. Follow?

And again - not a big deal. But certainly counter-intuitive to the basic premise of the game... at least to a good many players. Should be noted that legendaries, however, roll the level you find them and not 61 or 66. Maybe this is more to "augment" those.

As for the most part the are glorified rares. /shrug
Reply Quote
Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing for the way it is. I'm just pointing out, that it is possible to find better gear every few Elite mobs. At least I was when I came to finally play RoS. Found a better Bow several times...not just at 61 and 66 and finally 70. Found a better Amulet several times. Really, I was upgrading my gear almost every quest. Not every single piece, but something.
Reply Quote
I remember when too human came out on xbox back in the day, one of the biggest complaints from people was that it was upgrading their equipment with each battle!! lol

f uck people, they dont know what they want, slavery seems to suit them well so a slave u shall be.
Reply Quote
Uhm... Why does this matter? you will eventually make it to level 70 and have all gear dropped at level 70. no reason to complain about something that makes up a few hours at most of gameplay.
Edited by Kasey#1596 on 7/25/2014 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
its different from old diablo in that

before the last levels didnt unlock new skills or gear they were just a grind.

here the grind start at 70 :), finding new gear and climbing into higher difficulties
Reply Quote
LOL

Trolls man! They're like that one kid that has to pee in the kiddy pool. And, people wonder why we get so few blue responses.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
keep the mats for level 70 crafting, if you're a fresh 70 you should be able to get most of the patterns in a few adventure mode playthroughs which you should be doing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]