Diablo® III

Best Case Scenario...

Double Generator attack speed
Double LTK & WoL damage
Half LTK & WoL cast time

How does this help Raiment or TR-IF builds?
How much higher should we expect to get in grifts?

;-D
Reply Quote
No clue on how much it would buff those. What I do see possible from the changes coming is that now we may have more viable ways to play.

No longer are we stuck with Rainment 6piece (and those that want to use Jawbreaker) to get decent dps.
SWK sets have been buffed with the spirit generation (mostly passive).
TR both buffed and nerfed.

Now we have other possibility for fire, cold, and physical builds. Better generators, our primary spenders going to deal more damage, some baseline resists with new Mantra, other QoL changes.

I may actually be able to go back and enjoy my physical build monk with all the new changes in 2.1.
Reply Quote
I'd 100,000,000x prefer being buffed outside of the sets.
Reply Quote
Relv Im diggin Inna's and sunwuko for sure.. but I use 1h generally.

WoL needs 3 or 4 x buff or they need to add more holy % items
Reply Quote
I agree.. It probably won't help with those two specific builds. But I foresee them improving SSS a little bit further. The SW change will item will perhaps cause those TR+IF builds to go dual wield or even FoE style if SSS is indeed improved. However you'd lose the hellfire 5th passive. I've already been considering going madstone on my raiment build anyway and tossing in SSS just because I think EP is an extremely good skill now without gamebreaking effect.
Reply Quote
07/29/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Darth
Relv Im diggin Inna's and sunwuko for sure.. but I use 1h generally.

WoL needs 3 or 4 x buff or they need to add more holy % items

Yes, Holy does need more %holy items, other than the one new 1-hand legendary.
Reply Quote
double LTK and half LTK cast time will quadruple fire monk damage FWIW.

my live fire monk is around 55-60M sustained (desert shroud not inner fire), and only uses LTK, would put ~200M sustained with burst up to 600M approx (assuming spirit can be sustained which should be possible with minor skill adjustments), that's WD level (minus survivability of avoiding damage while pets kill), or about half of what an M6 DH does with 4-5 sentries down.

Time will tell...
Edited by Bacon#1205 on 7/29/2014 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope the "quality of life" LTK/WoL changes are something like "no longer on the GCD" and we can keep using generators while spamming spenders ^_^
Reply Quote
07/29/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Davlok
I hope the "quality of life" LTK/WoL changes are something like "no longer on the GCD" and we can keep using generators while spamming spenders ^_^

I would like to see us be able to move after the bell "lands" before we "kick the bell" ontop of an animation speedup.
Reply Quote
07/29/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Davlok

Sooooo ... I was just messing around on PTR with the following

Serenity + Instant Karma (unhindered movement)
SSS + Pandemonium (Cold+Stun+Free to cast)
LTK + Hand of Y'tar
CW + Tsunami
No Mantra (left it open cause I may use the new MoS)
EP + Impending Doom

FoE (48%+9% It has a higher damage than my 50% one)
Frostburn
Madstone
SWK Ammy+Shoulders
New Vigilante (natural CDR)

Aside from the slow generator the damage output was actually quite enjoyable. I think I may be running this spec if they boos damage output to reasonable levels for LTK and CW (any boost to SSS would be absolutely fantastic as well). The goal is to push CDR as high as possible given the item slots (8% Shoulders, 50% FoE, 10% Crimson, 20% Beacon, 10% plvl, 8% belt) while pushing +%cold (20% gloves, 20% ammy, 15% bracers, 20% SoJ). SSS gets downtime to roughly ~5 seconds with the pandemonium rune with a 3 second serenity invuln allowing for repositioning and movement if needed. The 75% +%ele sends EP, SSS, and CW dmg quite high. I don't think the output is as high as say fire however the mitigation from Frostburn and slow/freeze is quite useful. If they boost the dmg and atk speed of generators and spenders this is going to be a quite viable build. Thoughts?

What builds are you guys looking at for 2.1 under best case scenarios?
Reply Quote
Since it seems like all the changes are to try and make the standard Generator > Sweeping Wind > Spender combat order semi-viable again (I guess you can call it vanilla wafers), an thinking of aiming for a DW - Holy (SoJ/RRoG configuration below).

Gear
Akanesh, The Herald of Righteousness / Skycutter
Madstone
Inna - Chest/belt/pants
Sunwuko - Gloves/Shoulder/Amulet
Any Boots Bracers (Ice Climbers, Reapers I suppose)
Mirinae, Teguk, BotP

Build
WotHF - FoF
SW - Inner Storm
WoL - Empowered Wave
EP - Strong Spirit
DS - Quicksilver
SSS - Fulminating
BoY/Unity/STI/ES

DS into combat, SW, 7-sided, WoL to 0 spirit, FoF to max spirit, repeat. Probbaly won't make it past GR30 without some type of mantra spam w/ Unity², but it will be a fun throwback to punching stuff at least!
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 7/30/2014 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Akanesh had 15-25 roll range so quite random.

They're also buffing 2H damage further from 23-26 to 26-30 if I got that right. I'm expecting 2H weapons to become the choice popular, in particular Flying Dragon/Inna's Reach/WoL daibo if they manage to make it give synergy with Empowered this time.
Reply Quote
Speeding up the attack animations for LTK/WoL would be a wonderful quality of life change.

Really curious to see the new generator speeds with a daibo. That will really make it or break it for me.
Reply Quote
07/30/2014 08:46 AMPosted by dominatus
I think Akanesh had 15-25 roll range so quite random.

They're also buffing 2H damage further from 23-26 to 26-30 if I got that right. I'm expecting 2H weapons to become the choice popular, in particular Flying Dragon/Inna's Reach/WoL daibo if they manage to make it give synergy with Empowered this time.

FoE might make a showing with the new madstone, especially if they buff it slightly to give it more damage overall.
Reply Quote
Not to keep bringing Crusaders up, but their FotF does 2880% weapon damage in a LTKish hitbox. We need better sets/legs more than skill buffs, because I really really don't expect WoL damage to be 2000%+ wd >_<
Reply Quote
07/31/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Davlok
Not to keep bringing Crusaders up

I think it makes perfect sense to compare things to Crusaders. They are quite possibly the best planned and balanced class to date. There is so much variety within the skills, runes, and legendaries.

I think LTK would be the best candidate for a Fate of the Fell style weapon effect. No Holy to mess with Sunwuko's, but it would have great potential for Cold/Fire builds that don't rely on class sets. It could also benefit Raiment builds by giving them a melee ranged boost. I think this would be enough to push a 2h Raiment build with stacking CDR. There would be a reason to stay in melee range and add soem variety to the ping-pong game play.

Wave of Light would feel awkward with that same effect. How would you increase the power without just increasing the damage or decreasing the cost? Maybe a Blade of Prophecy style effect? So it could drop a bell on up to 2 hit enemies? This would at least double the output on single target, and offer more coverage when clearing trash.

Personally I'd love to see a legendary increase the damage of Cyclone Strike. If there were ever a skill I wanted to use with Sunwuko's, that would be it. It would go great with Depth Diggers/Crippling Wave and would continue to promote a generator/spender style game play. That skill has been crushed under the weight of its' own utility for quite some time. =(

My Guess for Next Patch:
- LTK 850%
- WoL 1150%
Reply Quote
07/31/2014 11:41 AMPosted by Dipswitch
My Guess for Next Patch:
- LTK 850%

As a generatorless fire monk .. LTKs damage is quite bad at points. It really need at least a straight 50% dmg increase honestly. If you use generators from start to finish 1-2-3-LTK it extremely slow... LTK should be able to interrupt combos off the GCD or something to improve the fluidity of the spending.

I really REALLY want them to buff a few things so I can use SSS in a standard build type... I've never used it for and actual ability other than just playing here or there.. with madstone I think it'd be perfect.
Reply Quote
07/31/2014 11:41 AMPosted by Dipswitch
My Guess for Next Patch:
- LTK 850%
- WoL 1150%

My guess:

- Generator IAS +25%
- LTK 800% (base)
- WoL 900%+158% (base)
Reply Quote
I've simply never understood the idea behind the ridiculous costs on our bells or the outrageous CD in SSS.

There are many other skills that are more powerful for other classes, with better item synergy than monks have for these two skills. Why make such(comparatively) weak skills have such high costs/CDs?

It's never made an ounce of sense to me - maybe SSSs invuln would be a bit strong without a CD, but has SSS really just been reduced to being a defensive skill? If that's the issue, I'd rather them half the animation time and half the CD in order to give it more damage...
Reply Quote
07/29/2014 04:44 PMPosted by Davlok
How does this help Raiment or TR-IF builds?

This is what i was worrying about, they'll buff "other" skills up to be comparable to Sunwuko, Raiment sets and call it a day...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]