Diablo® III

The Monk Community Needs a Cure

I have to say, it is time to rethink what this community has become. The negativity in this forum has spread like a disease and needs to be cured. There is a point when rational criticism turns into rampant negativity. How can there be any question at all that the dev team does not listen to feedback at this point?

Recent changes to monks:

1. 2 sets revamped after criticism
2. Major skill revamps (PotA, etc.) after critcism
3. EP skill revamped, as many requested due to its OP nature holding back any build diversity
4. Dexterity changed due to dodge mechanic being criticized
5. OWE removed and new system in place because of outcries about gearing difficulty
6. Spirit Generation across the board significant buffs
7. Incoming ias buffs to gens, damage buffs to spenders, seasonal legendary revamped, entire mantra skill changed, etc.

Constructive criticism is very much still warranted, but the vitriol really needs to stop. Yes, monks need work. Yes, they will probably still need work after this incoming patch. Yes, we should be providing them with our thoughts on it. Everything does not have to be a knee jerk QQ reaction however.

Let's get back to having some fun around here!
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 7/30/2014 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whining and negativity are the only things monks are op at don't nerf my monk!
Reply Quote
I'm with you fitz lol, I really can't wait to try out the new patch . As far as the vitriol goes it is getting hard to see , hope fully with the new love we're getting this will change, otherwise i'll just keep playing my monk , head in sand and doing my own thing . Thanks for the note of positive thinking , your an excellent example to us all . Peace

We are the Banned of Gamers
Reply Quote
The prescription is...more bell!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vnM9g7UdjME
Edited by Shifty76#1953 on 7/30/2014 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
we need to feel powerful, easy as that. the community can not hope to be cured in the "FUTURE". it has to happen now.
Reply Quote
Nice summary, Fitz. As you have stated, negativity has become a distraction more than helping. I am with you in making sure we are constructive when providing our criticism on skills and abilities.
Reply Quote
All these changes are temporally correlated with the outcry from monk community that monks are indeed in a bad place.

Although we can't establish a causal relationship between community outcry and monk buff, but it is quite obvious that blizzards' attitude towards monk class changed after so many players bashed them for doing nothing.

Remember back in 2.0.3, they said monks were in a good place, and that was pretty much the ignition of all the negativity in the community.
Reply Quote
If Blizzard wasn't so slow to react, we wouldn't have lost so many contributing members. This place would have been as great as it once was.
Reply Quote
You'll never control trolls.

I would just like the community to focus on monk-specific issues, not "problems" like, "relying on unity" (something all classes use really,) etc.

And a larger percentage of monk specific items like fist weapons to have legendary effects.

It looks like someone other than don vu is tasked on monks now, (I hope?) so we're seeing a bit of progress.

They should realize that if anywhere though, this extended PTR is a good place to have some fun, overbuff, and tune down from there instead of tiny incremental buffs. As it looks, both Monk and Crusader need work in terms of GRs, though they are slowly closing the gap on monk vs crusaders.
Edited by Bacon#1205 on 7/30/2014 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/30/2014 03:07 PMPosted by KimSulki84
And someone reported Fitz.

Eff this community.

Someone is rocking some smallest pair of balls.

Watch out man. Some day those balls will completely disappear.

My bets on Scrapz lol
Reply Quote
07/30/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Lightdemon

Eff this community.

My bets on Scrapz lol

i dont think so
Reply Quote
I posted the thread below some time back. Honestly, with better communication the forums would be a much better place. Without real communication, everything festers and boils until it overflows in the form of negative community posts. Isn't it interesting how different the monk forum posts have gotten with just a glimmer of hope and moderate communication?

What would the forum posts be like if, at the start of the PTR, Bliz had stated something like 'We've heard your feedback on the monks and agree that a lot of work is needed. Please give us 3-5 months and multiple PTR iterations to iron things out. In the meantime, we'll try to provide you some updates on our philosophy and how we are going to attempt to adopt some of your great feedback.'

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13348465125?page=1
Reply Quote
This community has only one tool left, that's vitriol. See, most of us aren't Blizzard Appologists. Blizzards handling of people who paid $100 USD to play monks, is shameful.

Any place else, a person does a job that poorly, they are fired.

Somehow, the people responsible for Monk skills and items, kept a job. That's inconceivable.

Total and epic fail on Blizzard. I still hope people get fired over it.
Reply Quote
@Neuron

I do agree there is good reason for criticism and feedback. I also think it has snowballed into something else entirely now though. I would like this place to build back up to being a fun place to be as well as a place to provide feedback. I think you can see that aspect has been lost?

@jb5goodman

Can't control Blizzard! Can have fun here though despite!
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 8/1/2014 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
One of the reasons why I want monks to get stronger in general is that it will silence some of the dumb QQers in this forum.

Of course, it's naive to expect the internet trolls to completely go away. It's impossible.

But then, I'm sure a little less number of trolls would make things much more fun to talk about builds and shi t in this forum like the old days.

-
Kim, the King of the Trolls
Reply Quote
Yes, agreed and have refrained from negative posts for the most part and still have fun playing my fire monk maxed @ T3 because I like the build, but, bottom line, better communication would solve a lot of the negativity across all forums.
Reply Quote
07/30/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Lightdemon

Eff this community.

My bets on Scrapz lol

what? reported.
Reply Quote
07/30/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Neuron
they said monks were in a good place

Never forget!
Reply Quote
07/30/2014 03:55 PMPosted by scrapz

what? reported.

lol

Scrapz loves me even though I constantly whisper him that his build sucks

Never forget to have fun!

Fixed. ;)
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 7/30/2014 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]