Diablo® III

The Monk Community Needs a Cure

(Locked)

07/31/2014 07:54 AMPosted by Ichimaru
07/30/2014 03:55 PMPosted by KimSulki84
One of the reasons why I want monks to get stronger in general is that it will silence some of the dumb QQers in this forum.

Of course, it's naive to expect the internet trolls to completely go away. It's impossible.

But then, I'm sure a little less number of trolls would make things much more fun to talk about builds and shi t in this forum like the old days.

-
Kim, the King of the Trolls

"Kim Kong, the king of Jungle Trolls"

Rebranded for creativity, recognition and marketing purposes.

I'm an account planner @ advertising agency, and I approve it. LOL

Cool man.

-
Kim Kong, the king of Jungle Trolls
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I personally think that the amount and type of QQ (excluding trolls) has been completely warranted and I think the "cure" is simply being listened to.

I consider myself to be a fairly level-headed guy who tends to fall pretty strongly on the positive / optimistic side of things when it comes down to it and it was only through a series of what appeared to be flatly ignoring the monk community and nerfs from a patch that was supposed to bring buffs that lead to me being negative.

When they say 2.1 will "Fix" monks and then proceed to nerf OWE, nerf EP, nerf TR (still don't get this one) and nerf Numbing Light, it is hard to believe that the next thing around the corner will be any different.

Additionally, we got near-zero response regarding the changes that, by all accounts, were steps backward not forward.

So, is there a lot of negatvity? Yes. Is that really a bad thing when you have a lot to be negative about? Not really.
I know it's less fun to read "QQ" posts but as long as it's authentic then and not trolling then I think it's fine.

For example, it was only through a whole lot of QQ that I was persuaded to change my position from optimism to skepticism and without that change I likely never would have written the 2.1 review thread and it seems reasonable to believe that the 2.1 thread had at least something to do with the changes coming for monks that match surprisingly well to what our community asked for.

tl;dr -- While I normally do not support negativity, sometimes it is the right form of expression to get the job done.
Edited by Druin#1518 on 7/31/2014 9:36 AM PDT
View profile
Is there a market for hugs?
No the tears, the beautiful tears, theyre going away nooooooooooo..........

In all seriousness, i agree, it would be nice to start seeing some more positive posts, the sun is starting to dip over the horizon again! Feels like monks have been in a really long arctic winter.

Lets just all hope blizz finally hits balance on the head with this ptr patch.

Also @ druin, blizz needs to give you your happy back!
Edited by teamkiller#1505 on 7/31/2014 9:43 AM PDT
07/31/2014 09:36 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan

I eat hugs.
07/31/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Druin
I personally think that the amount and type of QQ (excluding trolls) has been completely warranted and I think the "cure" is simply being listened to.

[/quote]

No offence to anyone, the "QQ" many said to hate in this thread may be what took the attention of Blizz to give us another promise, except this time it sounds truly promising following the content of Blue's response seen in Druin's review thread. I am however, still reserved about the changes given there has only been disappointment so far. Let's just see and test it first - I do have good feeling.

The QQ of "QQ" won't bring us anywhere.
View profile
07/31/2014 09:38 AMPosted by KimSulki84

I eat hugs.
Impossible! :o
07/31/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Druin

No offence to anyone, the "QQ" many said to hate in this thread may be what took the attention of Blizz to give us another promise, except this time it sounds truly promising following the content of Blue's response seen in Druin's review thread. I am however, still reserved about the changes given there has only been disappointment so far. Let's just see and test it first - I do have good feeling.

Wait. Are you poking me again!?

Come on man.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

I eat hugs.
Impossible! :o

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140616205532/cardfight/images/f/f8/IMPOSSIBRu.jpg

Hehe
Edited by KimSulki84#1308 on 7/31/2014 10:00 AM PDT
[quote]

Wait. Are you poking me again!?

Come on man.
[quote]

(>~~)> Double it.
Come on man!

Stop QQing about QQers of QQers.

Because that will generate more QQers of QQers of QQers.

Q_Q~

Have a nice day guys.

(>~~)>
Edited by Hippotion#2165 on 7/31/2014 10:12 AM PDT
07/31/2014 10:12 AMPosted by Hippotion

(>~~)>

Looks like a hug doesn't it? Like to keep it grey XD
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
07/31/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Fitz
I am still waiting for my question about what Strafe snapshots Nyan

APS / Elemental Damage / Elite damage / Focus+Restraint (must remain equipped though)

I miss anything Nyan?
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13020372513#5
Also includes the passives Ballistics & Grenadier which isn't listed (>^^)>

Edit: Oh yes. Focus & Restraint too, but must remain equiped.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 7/31/2014 10:47 AM PDT
View profile
07/31/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Fitz
Too late. Monks getting buffs. My new DH will stay nooby.

As promised.... (>^^)>

For posterity then, you stack elite + elemental + aps then swap to CC/CD?
Damage is dymanic, so you need that too. Just take a look at my profile for what I swap to after:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2-7a_F_B0
There's no escape for you Kim!

(>Q_Q)> (KIM) <(Q_Q<)
          v(*-*)v
(>*-*)> KIM <(*-*<)
           ^(*-*)^

RIP Kim :)
Edited by Hippotion#2165 on 8/1/2014 12:17 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]