Diablo® III

The Monk Community Needs a Cure

(Locked)

08/01/2014 08:16 AMPosted by Fitz
Of course, Bell monks were NEVER welcome in a group because of WD static AoE, so monks HAD to play ZDS or you would never compete at the highest levels.

Fitz-- You discovered the build have some pride in it.. its still the best time I've had playing this game-- Okay there were ZdPS in Vanilla that could clear as fast as I could with a group -- > Druin could do it faster than me in any build on zdps, but my comp couldn't keep up with him. ( Methinks he has a very nice computer ). But in general if I switched to pillar palm pull it was faster than most zdps in crypts and I rarely got complaints. If I had 350k instead of 280k it would be clearly favored in my opinion. Of course ; P it always worked better with a zDPS in group lol. Just as DPS monk especially stormbreaker does now. Either way now, there is nothing as good as ZDPS for a group and the closest I've come for a DPS build is with a Rime, Frosties, and Stormbreaker which works great with other melee classes but lacks crowd control..

I miss nirvana so much.. I miss Blinding Light = /
08/02/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Druin
08/02/2014 07:48 AMPosted by Khaine
It's common sense for a paying customer, it's not common sense for Blizzard Appologist Fan Boyz who are chomping at the bit to make excuses.

This thread is dumb, and the blue post is insulting. 100% of the vitriol is self-inflicted by Blizzard. Had this game had been free to play, with no in game purchases, we have no right to complain.

This product cost money, and the company called Blizzard significantly changed the product after the fact into an ugly unusable mess. The state this class is in is shameful. The lengths Blizzard, the Community Managers, and the Apologist Fab Boyz have gone through to feed us this junk, is even more shameful.

We should be mad. This class sucks.

Stop it with the "this is a product that cost money!!" line. It's inane.

You paid a relatively tiny sum of money for a game you have almost certainly gotten a metric TON of playtime out of (based on you chars progression). By basically any standard of electronic entertainment, you are ripping Blizzard off, not the other way around.

I am also upset that my monk sucks. I REALLY want to love her and feel efficient and strong while playing her. However, I spent ~$120.00 (not including RMAH purchases which were optional) for 1,800+ hours of enjoyment. That's less than $0.10 per hour which is about 75 time better than a movie, about 9 to 20 times better than an average major gaming title (depending on game type) ... ect.

My point being: While being upset is quite rational in this case, using your "lost cash value" as your argument is irrational. You can definitely be upset that something you love is changing in a way you do not like. You can't really justify the money angle though.

His comparison is akin to fans who complain about not getting entertainment value for money spent either watching live fights or sporting events. Yeah, they spent hours watching the event on one night or over the course of a season. And yes, it's still possible they watched all the events even if it sucked. Doesn't mean they should get a refund, but it's a legit complaint. It's a narrow egotistical and solipsistic belief on your part that such hours spent all constituted entertainment, when many players are grinding it out in hope that something will work. Many people have commented already that they fell asleep while playing. The money angle point is rational. What isn't rational is your rationale.
08/03/2014 03:24 PMPosted by Fitz
08/03/2014 02:23 AMPosted by scrapz
2.1 is the last chance to fix the game, not just the monk class.

Scrappie if D3 were a woman and you were her boyfriend, I would tell you to stop letting her walk all over you.

You have quit and come back to her at least three times already!

The majority of the persistent naysayers on the forum are the exact same way, they are gluttons for punishment. Maybe they have issues being single? Probably both.
Posted by scrapz

Scrappie if D3 were a woman and you were her boyfriend, I would tell you to stop letting her walk all over you.

LoL ^ also Fitz when did you become so positive?
08/03/2014 03:24 PMPosted by Fitz
08/03/2014 02:23 AMPosted by scrapz

Like my D-Prog profile states-

"Like a woman, I can't leave this horrible relationship. Diablo, you've got my heart no matter how bad u abuse me."

Anyways since PTR released, I can honestly say I've probably put in maybe a maximum of 10-12 hrs tota into the game . Makes me really wonder if I will be playing when 2.1 actually goes live..
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/3/2014 5:56 PM PDT
the fact is that monks are in a bad place right now, need balance, just saying
08/03/2014 02:54 PMPosted by seraphim
His comparison is akin to fans who complain about not getting entertainment value for money spent either watching live fights or sporting events. Yeah, they spent hours watching the event on one night or over the course of a season. And yes, it's still possible they watched all the events even if it sucked. Doesn't mean they should get a refund, but it's a legit complaint. It's a narrow egotistical and solipsistic belief on your part that such hours spent all constituted entertainment, when many players are grinding it out in hope that something will work. Many people have commented already that they fell asleep while playing. The money angle point is rational. What isn't rational is your rationale.

Are you for serious here?

Let me lists some facts:
- Diablo is a computer game
- It costs what, $50?
- You play it for fun. End of story.

If you continue to play when you are not having fun, THINK long and hard WHY you are playing. Maybe you are avoiding some other stuff in life or whatever, but if you can't think of anything better to do, that's not a good sign. The comment about falling asleep while playing says more about a probably problem that person has than something about the game. Computer games are not the only thing in life.

Take the red pill and wake up ;)

@Scrapz: that the PTR is taking so long is not great for the game, I fully agree.
Edited by Hippotion#2165 on 8/3/2014 11:31 PM PDT
One long butt PTR is not helping the game.
08/04/2014 09:19 AMPosted by KimSulki84

Just curious what you mean by this Kim.. Because of the lack of true buffs or the fact that all melee classes are lower than all ranged by rift completion level?
08/04/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Darth
08/04/2014 09:19 AMPosted by KimSulki84

Just curious what you mean by this Kim.. Because of the lack of true buffs or the fact that all melee classes are lower than all ranged by rift completion level?

Nothing related to that. I don't usually care how effective we are compare to other classes. So, that's not a problem.

I'm talking about the new patch being delayed for so long. The PTR never lasted this long before. This one has been out for almost two month now, no? haha

Most of my friend have left the game just like I have. We all do this whenever PTR gets released for the big patch.

We are all just waiting for the new patch to deploy. But then, I feel like it's going to require quite a bit of commitment to really get back in the game since my friends and I have been out of it for so long now. Meh.
This is why I really don't post often. I have played my monk since launch. Yes, they used to be better. I am hopeful that the newest PTR build with increasing base aps will help considerably. There are a lot of really big whiners all over the forums. It is not just in the monk community. I agree with Druin. I have gotten my moneys worth out of this game and I still continue to play. Sure, I have been stuck on T4 for ages and can't get past GR24 but I don't care. This game is fun. Always has been. Even when I had to run back into town whilst being chased by 3 elite packs in V1.01 lmao.

There is a lot of constructive feedback from many different people. I applaud them because they are at least trying to do something about our class. Those of you have nothing good to say need to keep it to themselves and let people who actually CARE help fix our class.

I will be a monk forever.
Even when I had to run back into town whilst being chased by 3 elite packs in V1.01 lmao.

Ah the memories. haha that really was fun back then.

the game was challenging me in a good way.
RIP monster health Regen

1.0.3 be the bane of me
08/04/2014 02:50 PMPosted by alwTicToc
This is why I really don't post often. I have played my monk since launch. Yes, they used to be better. I am hopeful that the newest PTR build with increasing base aps will help considerably. There are a lot of really big whiners all over the forums. It is not just in the monk community. I agree with Druin. I have gotten my moneys worth out of this game and I still continue to play. Sure, I have been stuck on T4 for ages and can't get past GR24 but I don't care. This game is fun. Always has been. Even when I had to run back into town whilst being chased by 3 elite packs in V1.01 lmao.

There is a lot of constructive feedback from many different people. I applaud them because they are at least trying to do something about our class. Those of you have nothing good to say need to keep it to themselves and let people who actually CARE help fix our class.

Yes, because passiveness and fan boyism helps the class. I don't care if I paid 5 pennies for this game. It's unplayable right now, if I want to be a monk. on the PTR, we literally have most of the game locked out, as we simply can not complete greater rifts, nor will we be able to.

I care, I complain, as I actually want to play the game. Only fanboyz and ridiculous Blizzard Appologists think monk players are whinning.

People who are responsible consumers, and people who actually want to enjoy a product they payed for, our one and only tool is to complain, and to complain a ton.

If we hadn't of, we would still be in the ridiculous state where Blizzard had the gaul to state that we where in a good place.

As if.
Edited by Khaine#1492 on 8/5/2014 6:29 AM PDT
08/04/2014 02:50 PMPosted by alwTicToc
Sure, I have been stuck on T4 for ages and can't get past GR24 but I don't care. This game is fun. Always has been. Even when I had to run back into town whilst being chased by 3 elite packs in V1.01 lmao.

Amen!
@Druin, @Fitz
I think a lot of the vitriol is really just H2SO4. I kid. Seriously though, i try not to be too vitriolic, but it's frustrating to see the game in this state after 2 years of constant changes. Especially when there are so many great titles that have come before that both the original dev team, and the current one, could have taken inspiration from.

Compounded on top of the problems that existed in D3 Classic, D3:RoS then completely threw off the scale of power. GRifts are a great way for the devs to test the limits of the game mechanics. But as actual gameplay features, they fall short because even though the rifts scale up infinitely, gear does not.

Regarding the EULA, it's understood that the gameplay can change over time, but one expects these changes to be incremental, positive steps that come from devs learning and improving their skills and then applying those improvements. One expects that these changes will be things like QoL features (of which we've had a few, so thanks for that Blizz), new classes, new items, new storylines, DLC, and minor adjustments for power creep.

Communication between the devs themselves and the whole D3 community is another key thing we need in order to feel that we're being heard. Three great examples: First, the Grim Dawn forums. The devs there are very active in communicating what they're planning to do to the game and why. Second, EverQuest Next / Landmark. EQ:Landmark has a regular stream on YT hosted by their community manager where they talk about all kinds of player feedback. Third, the City of Titans forums are practically exploding with developer feedback and direct interaction and discussion with their community.

If i'm mad, it's only because i care. If i didn't care, i'd have just uninstalled the game and said "fuggedaboutit". I think this sentiment is true of most of the people who come here to scream on the forums.

----
So, with my QQ'ing out of the way, i'll add a few suggestions to this post as well. =)

1. Don't get rid of OWE, just add Harmony also. And there's no need to make them mutually exclusive. Let people slot both if they want both.

2. Don't change Dex into armor. Just make the dodge mechanic better.

3. Make the effect of the Moratorium legendary gem an integral option of all melee classes.

4. Implement this feature written up by TheTias:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13661696290
The Monk Community Needs a Cure

What's needed: vote kick Don Vu
If the community didn't complain and gripe we would still have 100% weapon damage on any teleport on raiment. Monks would have changed probably little to nothing because they are complete idiots and horribly ignorant about the this class. Proof is in the notes.
Edited by ImpenDoom#1155 on 8/7/2014 6:14 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]