Diablo® III

Give us your suggestions & feedback on DH

Also made a post on PTR forums recently, although not specifically related to DH's, on generator design.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13779027881
Reply Quote
08/10/2014 10:04 AMPosted by Wilson
From a post I made on PTR forums

Removing cast animations from support skills

Despite massive improvements in damage, Rapid Fire remains a hard to use skill with its high startup cost and low synergy with the DH damage supplements. Casting spike traps, sentries, MfD or RoV breaks your channel and forces you to re-build your damage again. This also affects strafe but to a lesser degree since there is no higher startup cost (though the skill still sucks)

List of DH skills that could be reworked to improve synergy with channellers.
- Spike Traps
- Mark for Death
- Sentries
- RoV (might be asking too much here)

This is exactly why I dropped Sentries and RoV from my Strafe build. Using any of those skills would be truly miserable with RF!
Reply Quote
Just thought I'd throw out a couple more set options:

Shadow Set
(2) +50 hatred, smoke screen lasts 50% longer
(4) all damage applied during smoke screen will be increased 50%
(6) on hatred use, chance to summon shade stalker for 15 seconds that explodes on expiration (meaning, death or time expire) for 450% damage of highest +element% (default is fire damage)

Hellflyer Set
(2) +250 vitality, 10% cost reduction
(4) summon demonic hellflyer with a 2 minute cooldown on death, hellflyer can cast an arcane orb for 750% damage of highest +element% (default is fire) with 3 second casting cooldown for arcane orb
(6) all players within 50 yards of hellflyer receive an increased movement speed cap of 35%, +20% damage, +20% damage reduction

Reflex Set
(2) increase dodge chance 30%, deal 500% physical damage every time an attack is dodged in a 10 yards radius
(4) slow enemies and projectiles within 10 yards (can be increased by +pickup radius to a maximum of 25 yards)
(6) generators deal 60-75% more damage against status affected enemies

Hellflyer and Reflex sets can be used by all classes
Let me know what you think. The numbers may be off, but I thought the concept seemed cool.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for the awesome thread, everyone! I appreciate everyone pulling their thoughts and ideas together.
Reply Quote
Now the big question: How much of it is actually being digested? :x
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 11:23 PMPosted by Childe
Won't add to my earlier item post because there are a few iterations I'm stuck between:

Increase your Hatred generation by 1% per point of Hatred you have.
or
Increase your Hatred generation by 1% per point of Hatred missing.

I'd strongly lean toward the 2nd idea, as the 1st idea makes some forms of sustaining too easy, reducing the likelihood you'll actually drop to where the bonus slows down. Ultimately, the 1st idea wouldn't create dynamic gameplay, I feel.

Another take, making it more general:

Increase your primary resource generation by 1% for every 1% of primary resource missing.

So at 0 resource, you'd get +100% generation, down to base generation (+0%) when already at full resource.

Number 2 is brilliant. That is probably one of the best suggestions for changes in hatred generation bonus I have seen in some time. Sort of like a 'Rogar's huge stone' of hatred.
Reply Quote
ROV now cost hatred, no cooldown!
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 01:02 PMPosted by FAILS4FE
ROV now cost hatred, no cooldown!

And I will add my response to his N4 set thread

08/11/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Rmsevers2010
+ a legendary item that allows RoV to stack damage, would be really nice.
+ a legendary item that adds a massive (I don't know 20-50%) damage to RoV, epic.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/11/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Thanks for the awesome thread, everyone! I appreciate everyone pulling their thoughts and ideas together.
http://t4.rbxcdn.com/8f453d655c33b94e6a40855fbdfb4f01

Jokes aside, thanks for popping in!
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Saidosha
Now the big question: How much of it is actually being digested? :x

If i had to guess about none right now. They are still trying to figure out how to fix monks. Till thats done DH will have to most likely wait. Thats fine to since i feel DH will be even harder to fix. So it will need lot of testing and time.
Edited by DrDirtyBirdy#1866 on 8/11/2014 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
More bunkum is always welcome. I know what's the point about it but I don't like to think that anybody cares about that "oh, awesome thread I refresh it every 5 secs to see if there's new post, also good job" thing. We need more posts that actually explain something like about Tempest Rush or Heavenly Strength. The reason why Heaveny Strength has changed is obvious and there was explanation. I still haven't discovered what were Seven-Sided Strike's changes for.

PS. Sorry for writting about monk's skill in DH forums. This is just an example.
Edited by Karkonosz#2949 on 8/11/2014 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice thread.

Looks like the dev team will get a lot of headaches trying to evaluate the suggestions.

With a bit of luck they may use some ideas before patch 2.3.

Being optimistic here.

:)
Reply Quote
My very minor suggestions (low hanging fruit):

I'd like to suggest to add Cold element to a few skills that do not have it like Sentry. Ever since 2.0 everything is going toward single element, but a lot of skills are still missing some elements.

And also please replace poison element which is on 2 runes in total to something else. DH doesn't use poison. Those 2 runes are just not worth using ever.
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 03:39 PMPosted by Midnight
My very minor suggestions (low hanging fruit):

I'd like to suggest to add Cold element to a few skills that do not have it like Sentry. Ever since 2.0 everything is going toward single element, but a lot of skills are still missing some elements.

And also please replace poison element which is on 2 runes in total to something else. DH doesn't use poison. Those 2 runes are just not worth using ever.

Sentry has a cold option.

The remaining poison runes are most likely on the radar for a future 2.1 build.
Reply Quote
^^^

I want to see frost traps. Make it happen and I'll be a frost convert.

Also do something about Chains of Torment without actually changing it too much. This skill has potential with just a simple proc-rate adjustment, lengthier chains and a big damage increase.
Reply Quote
Demon Hunter Cloaks.

Not even one demon hunter cloak is worth wearing. This is frankly, a sad situation. The real problem here is cinder coat just trumps all the demon hunter cloaks, which basically means to be useful, they must be competitive with a cinder coat. Cindercoat is actually a great example of a well designed legendary. It increases your damage while having a useful legendary effect. We can apply this design to demon hunter cloaks and suddenly they look a lot more useful then they are right now.

So, let us begin:

Cloak of the Garwulf:
Primary Affix 1: Dexterity
Primary Affix 2: Physical damage is increased by 15-20%
2 Random Primary affixes
Secondary Affix: Wolf Companion now summons 3 wolves
Comment: Wolves are cute, but to use up a slot, the cloak really needs to add something to dps.

Beckon Sail
Primary Affix 2: Lightning Damage is increased by 15-20%
2 Random Primary Affixes
Secondary Affix: Automatically cast smokescreen when you fall below 25% life. 30 second cooldown.
Comment: This affix should stay on beckon's sail, but definitely needs to replaced on shadow's coil set.

Cape of the Dark Knight
Primary Affix 2: Cold damage is increased by 15-20%
2 Random Primary Affixes
Secondary Affix: Automatically drop caltrops when you are hit. This effect may occur once every 6 seconds.

Blackfeather
Primary Affix 2: Fire Damage is increased by 15-20%
2 Random Primary Affixes
Secondary Affix: Dodging or getting hit by an attack automatically shoots a homing rocket back at the attacker for 600-800% damage as fire.

Ok, so that gets all the demon hunter elements out of the way.

Cloak of Deception
3 Random Primary Affixes
Secondary Affix: Your dodge chance is increased by your dexterity (as pre-patch).

This cloak at least does something with this change.

Last but not least, our set cloak. The wizard chest has an extra primary, frankly, don't see why they get that and everyone else doesn't :)

Natalya's Embrace
Primary Affix 2: Attack speed increased by 6-8%
Primary Affix 3: 3 Sockets
2 Random Primary Affixes
2 Random Secondary Affixes.

Instead of avoiding using our set cloak, the attack speed will instead make it worthy of consideration.

One final comment, I'd like to see all demon hunter specific chest pieces be cloaks so we can attain hatred regeneration from them. So e.g. Marauders Carapace should be a cloak in my view, but meh, no biggy.

Anyway, the idea here is to make the cloaks good enough to use w/o being absolutely "must have". For example, I think I'd prefer cindercoat over this blackfeather for a fire build, but not by a huge margin. However, a DH who is not using a generator might actually prefer the blackfeather.
Edited by Set#1242 on 8/21/2014 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Set
Cloak of Deception
4 Random Primary Affixes
Secondary Affix: Your dodge chance is increased by your dexterity (as pre-patch).

I'd wear the Hells out of that cloak. Not on every build, but certainly on some.
Reply Quote
Suggestion for Shadow Set

• 2 Piece Bonus: Using a Defensive Skill (Caltrops, Smoke Screen or Shadow Power) will increase your movement speed by 30% and increases your chance to dodge by 35% of your movement speed for 3 seconds.
  • 4 Piece Bonus: Using a Hunting Skill (Vault, Preparation, Companion, Marked for Death) will cause the damage dealt by your hatred spending skills and the attack speed of your hatred generating skills to be increased by 100% of your movement speed for 3 seconds.
  • ____________________________________________________________________

Notes:
      The 2 Piece bonus should not be able to stack and should not be able to snapshot. Ex: You can't drop 3 caltrops in a second to get 90% movement speed bonus and a 31.5% dodge bonus.

Each activation of a Defensive skill should refresh the duration of the buff given by the 2 piece bonus.

The 4 Piece bonus should not be able to stack and should not be able to snapshot. Ex: You can't vault continuously with Danetta's Set to increase your spender damage and generator attack speed by several times your movement speed.

Each Hunting skill activation should simply reset the duration of the buff to 3 seconds.

Using both of the set bonuses should encourage the use of at least 1 Defensive Skill, 1 Hunting Skill, 1 Hatred Generator and 1 Hatred Spender.

The 4 Piece damage and attack speed buffs should work multiplicatively with other damage and attack speed buffs. Ex1: Current critical hit damage total of your CA is 20 million, and your current Move speed is 55 (25% base and 30% from activating 2 piece bonus with caltrops) then damage should increase by 55% to 31 million.

The 2 piece bonus is meant to provide both a tactical (move speed bonus) and a defensive (although RNG based (because meh... dodge...)) bonus, whenever a defensive skill is used.

The 4 piece bonus is meant to confer a ton of burst damage, or hatred regeneration. However, to maintain the burst for longer periods would require careful micromanagement of resources and skill cooldowns.

Move speed bonus of Smoke Screen: Displacement(Active) + Shadow Power:Shadow Glide(Active) + Tactical Advantage(Passive) + Hot Pursuit(Passive) + 2 Piece Bonus = 100+30+60+20+30= 240% Move Speed Bonus!!!!

I'm not 100% sure but the numbers may have to be tweaked down because the Danetta's set and Evasive Fire with Tactical Advantage passive synergizes almost too well with this]

The complete implications of this 4 piece bonus hurts my head to think about... But I think this set would be a game changer, and at the very least it'd be really cool to at least try out on the PTR for a bit.
    Edited by Sethra#1334 on 8/11/2014 10:10 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    08/11/2014 10:56 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
    I think RoV should be redesign to a passive...

And every time we critically hit it start raining.

Yea, so without mistakes.

RoV will still be on its 30 sec cooldown, but the set

(4) Set:
    Critically hitting cause Rain of Vengeance to fall from the sky.
    Each enemies kill by Rain of Vengeance restore 4 hatred and 1 Discipline.

I mean they have free falling Meteor that deals 800% x3 + alpha (2000%) = 4400% weapon damage every 8 seconds, why couldn't we do the same?

It's far more interesting than the cooldown reduction, plus base RoV only deals 1500% over 5 seconds (300% weapons), so if you don't use the Runes on your bar you are really doing a lot of damage. Maybe add a stack limit of 5 stacks to prevent overkill.

I guess I will make my own thread because I like to change my idea all the time until it is applied. Plus some of the stuff on this thread isn't my up to date ideas anyways :p

<(-_-<)
    Reply Quote
    Suggestion for Evasive Fire

I love the current ptr "bug" on Evasive Fire, which allows you to attack faster than usual if you trigger backflip.
    This bug is even more noticeable with slower weapons (crossbows).

What I love is that bug is allowing us to trade the risk and the return, making the depth of fight mechanics.
    If this bug will be on live, I will build a crazy "Shotgun Melee Demon Hunter".

I know this is a bug and must be fixed, but please consider to redesign the skill so we can think the trade-off of get too close to monsters or shoot from safer distance.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]