Diablo® III

Dashing Strike @ 8 seconds

Thanks CDR!
Reply Quote
A bit :( but to prevent a 100% ping pong build they had to.
Reply Quote
Buff to DS in last PTR patch. Nerf to DS in latest patch..

At 50% CDR, still at 4 seconds which is too long.

GG Blizzard.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:39 PMPosted by scrapz

GG Blizzard.

Still an improvement from the 6 seconds from original : \
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Lightdemon
08/05/2014 01:39 PMPosted by scrapz

GG Blizzard.

Nerf to those who do not stack CDR. Nerf to those who do not have a jawbreaker.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Lightdemon

The seconds is time to gain a charge, not duration >_>
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 8/5/2014 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So now DS is nerfed for leveling monks and non-CDR monks. What made them think this was necessary? I'm having trouble picturing a scenario where they deduced this was necessary from any kind of evidence.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:58 PMPosted by Explode
So now DS is nerfed for leveling monks and non-CDR monks. What made them think this was necessary? I'm having trouble picturing a scenario where they deduced this was necessary from any kind of evidence.

It had to have been a result of CDR.

I don't think they even know about Raiment + Jawbreaker combo >_>
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Davlok

That's stupid if they really didn't know.

That build or similar builds were so obvious that most monk figured it out on the first day when the set bonus was updated. Of course, it takes a few days and gg monks to perfection but the idea of stormbreaker was so rudimentarily forseeable.....
Reply Quote
Damn blizzard, hitting where it hurts.
Reply Quote
Yeah I thought of it after like 2 minutes of thinking about it at work.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:09 PMPosted by Neuron
08/05/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Davlok

That's stupid if they really didn't know.

That build or similar builds were so obvious that most monk figured it out on the first day when the set bonus was updated. Of course, it takes a few days and gg monks to perfection but the idea of stormbreaker was so rudimentarily forseeable.....

It still reminds me of the DH Trail of Cinders episode where they didn't expect folks to just continuously vault thru enemies instead of shooting. Yep, never saw that coming!
Reply Quote
Uhm, the jawbreaker/storm synergy wasn't intentional?

I realllly realllly doubt that Blizzard is that short-sighted.

Anyways, if they were gonna do this why bother with the change of CDR affecting charges at all? Did other classes need it more or something?

Range please. I will take a 5 yard decrease, just please fix it.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Pikey
Anyways, if they were gonna do this why bother with the change of CDR affecting charges at all? Did other classes need it more or something?

its still a big help to the build (i think). with the soc consumable it wont be to hard to stack ~50 cdr (assuming perf rolls, 20 from weps, 20 from ytar passive, and 16 from shoulders and gloves, gloves being the only one where you might be missing out on another stat) which is still 2 sec less than the current build (unless im missing some diminishing returns that might make it a lil different).

from what i can tell, this just makes adding cdr that much more important (which it was already basically a needed stat for the build after the change), but i dont think it will have that devastating of an effect on the build.
Reply Quote
Guessing and hoping the DS nerf does not go Live. There's just absolutely no reason for it.

Pretty disappointing barbs get a skill tied to their set, and each build the set and the skill get buffed. Meanwhile our skill tied to our set, which is already very clunky in how it's executed and pretty much useless w/o an additional rare item, gets nerfed. Not to mention DS is our oh-sh!t button we're having to use for offense to synergize with our main set.

How about letting the Raiment proc also have its element determined by the rune used for DS?
Edited by jkcheng122#1141 on 8/5/2014 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:18 PMPosted by jkcheng122
Guessing and hoping the DS nerf does not go Live. There's just absolutely no reason for it.

Just like the TR channeling cost shouldn't have gone live, but it did.

Blizzard hates monks confirmed.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Pikey
Uhm, the jawbreaker/storm synergy wasn't intentional?

Jawbreaker was designed before Raiment activated with DS. Who knows if they may or may not have guessed it was immediately BiS for Raiment-centric builds.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Davlok
Jawbreaker was designed before Raiment activated with DS. Who knows if they may or may not have guessed it was immediately BiS for Raiment-centric builds.

Yah it was one of the few monk-centric items I saw that had ANY legendary power so I kept them in my mules... turned out to be a godsend
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]