Diablo® III

Dashing Strike @ 8 seconds

Why in the world would you nerf Raiment/DS? Was playing with 6s + CDR on PTR and it was nowhere near OP.

In fact it made it playable and not frustrating for when you make the occasional mistake with your mouse aim.

:(
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:19 PMPosted by scrapz
08/05/2014 03:18 PMPosted by jkcheng122
Guessing and hoping the DS nerf does not go Live. There's just absolutely no reason for it.

Just like the TR channeling cost shouldn't have gone live, but it did.

Blizzard hates monks confirmed.

I meant Live as in 2.1, not the latest PTR patch.
Reply Quote
I don't see any good reason for this nerf at all. Just because they are applying to CDR to the charging time, why are they punishing people who doesn't use CDR? This change not only makes CDR more necessary for a build, but it also nerf the 6 piece set bonus which is costly enough to obtain already.

Why Blizzard? Why?
Reply Quote
It doesn't seem like the change is directed at Stormbreaker considering when played properly you don't lose charges at all. So how long it takes to get the charges back ideally doesn't affect Stormbreaker.

Still very puzzled at the change, ours get nerfed while Barbs' FC keeps getting buffed.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
@Scrapz
I think you may have misinterpreted Dav's post. He thought Light was saying that it's a buff, Light was saying it's a buff when you take CDR + 8s vs no-CDR + 6s.

No one was down-talking anyone they were just miscommunicating.

Additionally, I think you may be projecting your anger over these changes onto Dav in that post. He is a good guy and has done quite a bit to try and help this community even if he and Fitz have had their problems.

That all being said, I am simply incapable of rationalizing this nerf.

I get the change to LTK but this DS "nerf" and the TR "nerf" are beyond my ability to understand.
@Druin

Nah, I stopped getting worked up over diablo since the last PTR patch. I check the forums everyday but besides that, diablo = no care.

I just don't like Davlok. Basically every time I post something even with a typo, he's there to correct or contradict me. Don't believe? Check the post history. It's like a annoying fly. On top of that, he post nothing of value to me. If he had some insightful post, then maybe I would look at him as a poster with value. Instead all I see are stuff noob would only find useful. (Sorry noobs)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/05/2014 03:51 PMPosted by scrapz
@Druin

Nah, I stopped getting worked up over diablo since the last PTR patch. I check the forums everyday but besides that, diablo = no care.

I just don't like Davlok. Basically every time I post something even with a typo, he's there to correct or contradict me. Don't believe? Check the post history. It's like a annoying fly. On top of that, he post nothing of value to me. If he had some insightful post, then maybe I would look at him as a poster with value. Instead all I see are stuff noob would only find useful. (Sorry noobs)

Fair enough. I have had nothing but relatively positive interactions with him so I guess different strokes for different folks! :D

There are a least some cares left in you ... I can see them when you post about the new DS cooldown! :D
08/05/2014 03:51 PMPosted by scrapz
Basically every time I post something even with a typo, he's there to correct or contradict me. Don't believe? Check the post history. It's like a annoying fly.

an annoying fly. cwidt :p

Rage coming in 3...2...1 :D
Reply Quote
mini-cares but not enough to make me load up the game :D
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Druin
I get the change to LTK but this DS "nerf" and the TR "nerf" are beyond my ability to understand.

Don't forget the Barb Whirlwind was just buffed to move @ 100% MS! >_<
Reply Quote
Good news is, with all this mitigation buffs we will unlikely need dashing strike to get us out of the muck anymore.
I'm actually considering a non dashing strike build for the first time since... uhmm... a very long time... I guess.
How do you play with no dashing strike? O.o
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/05/2014 04:08 PMPosted by R3W1ND

Trust me, even if you are invincible AND using Illusory Boots, you are going to want DS on your bar.

I tried a no-DS setup for the Inna's challenge and it made me want to die.
08/05/2014 04:10 PMPosted by Druin
08/05/2014 04:08 PMPosted by R3W1ND

Trust me, even if you are invincible AND using Illusory Boots, you are going to want DS on your bar.

I tried a no-DS setup for the Inna's challenge and it made me want to die.

That.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Hippotion
A bit :( but to prevent a 100% ping pong build they had to.

then just go work and fix the 1k set , don't be lazy,blizz.
Reply Quote
So DS is nerfed in base CD from 6s to 8s, next is nerf Jawbreaker - need to dash to 50yards and hit something (off computer screeen yet?) for refund.

I am getting delayed to get into games but tried PTR little bit. Too early to say but I am not optimistic. Will go on further test - I might really quit.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:52 PMPosted by scrapz
Nerf to those who do not stack CDR. Nerf to those who do not have a jawbreaker.

Good point man... The requirement to run this build have gone up...
Reply Quote
With the change I've found using FoT:TC with EP:SG and a point-blank dash greatly effective up through GR26. Got tired of creating games with a 10 minute wait inbetween to test different things and move items from mules otherwise I'd have gone further.. I also did it on HC so I had more defensive passives. MoS+HT combined with transcendence has extremely helped survival, really only had to 'play smart' and there were no issues what so ever. I only ping-pong'd when I had mobs spread out but with the density in the rifts I had were utterly crap I'd get a pack here and a pack there.. There were sometimes I'd just drag the pack with me till I could get more mobs together and blow everything to kingdom come.

edit: I'm too exhausted to fix my engrish
Edited by iMind#1442 on 8/5/2014 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 08:45 PMPosted by Immortal
08/05/2014 01:52 PMPosted by scrapz
Nerf to those who do not stack CDR. Nerf to those who do not have a jawbreaker.

Good point man... The requirement to run this build have gone up...

Yeah.
Now If i want 6 second cooldown between charges, i need 25% CRD. So i need to replace a passive or a vit gem + some weapon +shoulder stats.
I'm in HC, i don't want that.

Basically if i want to keep waiting 6 full sec whenever i am not perfectly good, i need to make my monk less powerfull. That's lovely.
Reply Quote
The change to LTK is a flat nerf as well btw. But on a happy note I can tank anything now!

I should say why I believe it is a nerf before someone jumps all over me for it. You would think a damage buff and range buff would improve clear times but the cost increase negated any damage increase it gave in a zero gen build as you need to swap damage passives and skills for spirit skills.(and I was so amazingly happy when they increased base spirit, but now it seems they are balancing the skills out for the increase to make it basically null and void)
Edited by nichodemus#1747 on 8/6/2014 2:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]