Diablo® III

LTK & WoL "Buffs"

624% to 755% LTK
960% to 1045% WoL (probably even less)

Are we saved?
Reply Quote
The wording seems to suggest that WoL is no longer delivered into chunks? Or is it just datamined inaccuracies?
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Lightdemon
The wording seems to suggest that WoL is no longer delivered into chunks? Or is it just datamined inaccuracies?

All depends on the amount of spirit. Faster gens with more spirit per hit (vs. live) means far more bells / LTK's. That's why they upped spirit cost for LTK I guess.

Oh and Insight = Nirvana ;)
Edited by Hippotion#2165 on 8/5/2014 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ephiphany now gives 45 spirit instead of 20.. huge buff
Reply Quote
double post
Edited by Hippotion#2165 on 8/5/2014 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Lightdemon

All depends on the amount of spirit. Faster gens with more spirit vs live means far more bells / LTK's. That's why they upped spirit cost for LTK I guess.

Oh and Insight = Nirvana ;)

Um...I don't think you understood what I meant....

WoL damage is separated into 3 stages: Drop, explosion, kick. They seemed to have removed this by they way they are wording it.
Reply Quote
Absolutely not buffs...I was afraid of that. I knew they would short change us once again.

I think a big issue is our incredibly dull and imaginative legendary weapons. Take WoL...1045% damage...why isn't there a fist weapon that is similar in nature to the FotF for the crusaders? Or a Daibo? Why can't I cast 3 WoL instead of 1? If I were able to, I'd gladly take that 1045% "buff" and run with it. Sigh...maybe I'm just spoiled with playing crusader on live the past 2 months but that right there is a class that is well balanced on live right now.
Reply Quote
LTK also costs 50 spirit now?

Seems like the TR effect. -_-
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Supes

I think a big issue is our incredibly dull and imaginative legendary weapons. Take WoL...1045% damage...why isn't there a fist weapon that is similar in nature to the FotF for the crusaders? Or a Daibo? Why can't I cast 3 WoL instead of 1? If I were able to, I'd gladly take that 1045% "buff" and run with it. Sigh...maybe I'm just spoiled with playing crusader on live the past 2 months but that right there is a class that is well balanced on live right now.

Who's to say they haven't added one like that? Stuff like this doesn't show up in the datamine. I'm not saying there is, but hey, you never know! :)
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Davlok
LTK also costs 50 spirit now?

Seems like the TR effect. -_-
Yep they nearly double the cost but barely buff the dmg 120%. Ahh and i had hope for Monks with this next PTR patch. Sorry not gonna bother gearing my monk any time soon.
Reply Quote
Wait a sec... I think they just crossed off the 40% chance to stun for Wave of Light! If that means we can get a reliable stun then... uh...

Booyah! Something that would be nice to test.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Davlok
624% to 755% LTK

Are we saved?
lmao nope not even close.
Reply Quote
Welp at least more spirit spent synergizes with SWK and life per spirit spent...
Reply Quote
I wonder if culture claw kick DoT stacks.
Because I guess 1000% weapon damage isn't the worst? I guess. Sort of. Okay I guess not really. I give up.

The spirit generation from epiphany synergizes well with Sunwukos. 45 spirit/second is 900% weapon damage per second? That's still a fraction (like a 5th or less) of what we need to deal to be viable though.
Reply Quote
Watch WoL hit once now, and they add a legendary effect to make it hit 3 times (can reuse old code!).
It's getting silly with the cold rune.
No Fire/Lightning changes?

LTK SFK even more crap compared to Vulture. Physical nice aoe, too bad it's physical! Lightning mmk. No cold mentioned hmm.

Not looking good, hope there's more.
Reply Quote
624% to 755% LTK

Are we saved?

You forgot the part where LTK spirit cost increased to 50. It comes out as a 25% nerf to LTK.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:28 PMPosted by CtrlAltD1337
624% to 755% LTK

Are we saved?

You forgot the part where LTK spirit cost increased to 50. It comes out as a 25% nerf to LTK.

Not even close... LTK is generally used as fire so it has a typical cost reduction of at least 30%ish from cindercoat... combined with the fact that mythic rhythm pushes that another 40%? it hits REALLY hard now... especially if you're in the 140%+ +%fire range
Reply Quote
Mythic Rhythm + LTK. What?

Considering spirit regen is much higher in 2.1, I don't see how just spamming LTK wouldnt provide more damage then sitting there and wasting time using generators..
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:33 PMPosted by scrapz
Ephiphany now gives 45 spirit instead of 20.. huge buff

Only for Windwalker rune
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Ogion
Only for Windwalker rune

Its a much cooler sounding "Insight" now!

I'm 75% sure the LTK cost increase to 50 spirit was because our base spirit was buffed from 150 to 250, to align with the TR though process. -_-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]