Diablo® III

LTK & WoL "Buffs"

08/05/2014 02:39 PMPosted by scrapz
Mythic Rhythm + LTK. What?

Considering spirit regen is much higher in 2.1, I don't see how just spamming LTK wouldnt provide more damage then sitting there and wasting time using generators..

You're basing that on previous 2.0 generator attack speeds... They said they were going to buff the innate attack speeds of generators which obviously meant they were going to lower the damage of those same generators.. The final verdict will be seen when Davlok or Druin come in and do a frame by frame to tell us how much they were buffed. If it's 20-25% which is what I expect the 1-2-3-spend mechanic will almost assuredly require mythic rhythm but will output more consistent overall dps, especially if mobs are stunned+new IAS gear.
Reply Quote
A fire build focusing on LTK and Cindercoat most likely won't need a generator and won't be using MR. Why do the 1-2-3 when you can spam LTK indefinitely with spirit generation and max spirit increased.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:08 PMPosted by jkcheng122
A fire build focusing on LTK and Cindercoat most likely won't need a generator and won't be using MR. Why do the 1-2-3 when you can spam LTK indefinitely with spirit generation and max spirit increased.

^ that.

It's also not guaranteed that your spender will crit. Dropping 1-2-3 @ 200% WD and hoping #4 crits at 1000% wd (procs don't count + 40% of 775% WD for LTK) vs spamming 4x LTK @ 775% and hoping 2 of them crit..
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

CW is fairly good at debuffing melee mobs, and it can also provide freeze CC. Not a direct dps buff, but mitigation buffs usually translate into more dps.

idk, just throwing ideas around.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:12 PMPosted by scrapz

^ that.

It's also not guaranteed that your spender will crit. Dropping 1-2-3 @ 200% WD and hoping #4 crits at 1000% wd (procs don't count + 40% of 775% WD for LTK) vs spamming 4x LTK @ 775% and hoping 2 of them crit..

You're not taking into account the damage from the generator either.. You're also not taking into account the elemental bonus damage.. You're also not taking into account stun affects (such a crip wave freeze).. Lots of inherent bonuses that boost damage considerably.

08/05/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Lightdemon
CW is fairly good at debuffing melee mobs, and it can also provide freeze CC. Not a direct dps buff, but mitigation buffs usually translate into more dps.

idk, just throwing ideas around.

Actually we have a passive that turns it directly into a DPS boost
Edited by iMind#1442 on 8/5/2014 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@imind

Elemental affix boost ALL attacks, how am I not factoring that in? I'm listing the base damage modifiers of each attack. Don't generators hover around 200% WD per hit with a max of 400% on the third hit? LTK provides a base 755%WD +(300-400% from gyana)

IAS from passive boost generator + LTK spams, so meh on that point.

What you're not taking into consideration is that you have to stand in melee range to cast that 1-2-3 generator while taking damage and not healing whereas a LTK spam consistently heals you while you attack. Did I miss them fixing mitigation issues in this patch or did they only fix sustaining issues in this patch?
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
The only way I can rationalize the changes to LTK and WoL are as follows --
LTK saw substantial range buffs (praying SFK isn't ignored here) and VCK might see a double-Proc C via DoT application.

These two changes combined with our millions of ways to generate quick spirit (45/sec epiph being the most obvious) may actually come out to a net-buff in DPS and utility.

For WoL, I have to think that the removal of the line-nuke portion of the skill will dramatically affect its cast animation bringing it from 0.75x to ~1.2x or so.

This, combine with a small increase in damage and some QoL increases for the runes AND some legendary support might push it into niche-use from no-use.

That being said, I think they just hate spenders in general and want everyone to abuse one of their two class-sets.
MVP
View profile
08/05/2014 03:28 PMPosted by scrapz
Did I miss them fixing mitigation issues in this patch or did they only fix sustaining issues in this patch?

Actually, Time of Need + Inna's 4pc or Salvation-HT combined with new Sixth-sense might actually do a lot for monk mitigation issues.
Yea i think they got mitigation and healing to a good place with these changes. Now to see if increased uptime in fights plus perhaps itemizing for damage a little more gets the class where it needs to be.
Reply Quote
So 4 pc equipment + 2 mandatory passives + skill slot wasted for mitigation/sustain..

Don't see how this is "fixing" anything
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/05/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Strego
Yea i think they got mitigation and healing to a good place with these changes. Now to see if increased uptime in fights plus perhaps itemizing for damage a little more gets the class where it needs to be.

What's your interpretation of the WoL / LTK changes? I simply don't get it without some "hidden" changes like cast-animation stuff.

08/05/2014 03:53 PMPosted by scrapz
So 4 pc equipment + 2 mandatory passives + skill slot wasted for mitigation/sustain..

That is pretty typical of the D3 environment right now. I do not think it's reasonable to expect good GR30+ mitigation without the use of items/passives/skills.

No matter what, Passive + Set + Mantra > CDR on every item + 3 skills + 2 passives + still !@#$ty eHP.
Keep in mind the buffs to Time of Need et al also affect the GROUP if comparing the perma Serenity.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/05/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Davlok
Keep in mind the buffs to Time of Need et al also affect the GROUP if comparing the perma Serenity.

While I appreciate this, I don't care at all. :P

Monks have never had a problem getting groups and as long as we have CS that will likely never change.

I am, on the other hand, quite worried about our ability to play solo so all my comments are about that problem.
08/05/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Druin
08/05/2014 03:59 PMPosted by Davlok

While I appreciate this, I don't care at all. :P

Monks have never had a problem getting groups and as long as we have CS that will likely never change.

I am, on the other hand, quite worried about our ability to play solo so all my comments are about that problem.

Monks have now gone from group dmg buffing to group ehp buffing. SWK + CS + EP:TfiW + serenity + mantra spam all day. Just no longer need a fist of azz.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 04:15 PMPosted by scrapz
Monks have now gone to group dmg buffing to group ehp buffing. SWK + CS + EP:TfiW + serenity + mantra spam all day. Just no longer need a fist of azz.

It could be worse, we could be barbs.... Never thought I'd say that haha
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/05/2014 04:15 PMPosted by scrapz
Monks have now gone to group dmg buffing to group ehp buffing. SWK + CS + EP:TfiW + serenity + mantra spam all day. Just no longer need a fist of azz.

Yup! People will love being invincible and I will be happy to provide that support. Still doesn't help me when Nyan isn't on to carry me! ;)

Yup! People will love being invincible and I will be happy to provide that support. Still doesn't help me when Nyan isn't on to carry me! ;)

My crusader is named in tribute of Nyan. My name is scrapz, yet he called me scrapez continuously on TS..
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:53 PMPosted by scrapz

So dont use them if you dont need them but if you do need them you have that option.

08/05/2014 03:55 PMPosted by Druin
What's your interpretation of the WoL / LTK changes? I simply don't get it without some "hidden" changes like cast-animation stuff.

Exactly what i was thinking, if they buffed the animation speed on Wave of Light it could be a pretty significant buff to it especially with our increased spirit gains.

Really happy with the defensive buffs, i feel like well have options now and by this i mean if we have enough defense from say unity rings or the legendary gem or maybe mantra of salvation then we dont need to use the new Sixth sense however if we dont have enough mitigation we now have that option.

Another thing im curious about is if the buffed LPSS on gear to match the passive or if thats the only option for healing now.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/05/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Strego
Really happy with the defensive buffs, i feel like well have options now and by this i mean if we have enough defense from say unity rings or the legendary gem or maybe mantra of salvation then we dont need to use the new Sixth sense however if we dont have enough mitigation we now have that option.

The sustain from Transcendence + tons of globes secondary + unity + moratorium (which can be sustained from Transc now) seems like it might be enough all on its own. We will have to see but 150k+ heals on mantra activation is a LOT.
08/05/2014 04:26 PMPosted by Druin
08/05/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Strego

The sustain from Transcendence + tons of globes secondary + unity + moratorium (which can be sustained from Transc now) seems like it might be enough all on its own. We will have to see but 150k+ heals on mantra activation is a LOT.

Yep i like the options. Next thing on my radar is our 6pc Storms but im looking forward to testing this stuff out on PTR
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]