Diablo® III

3rd PTR Build incoming - Datamined

08/05/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Ogion
08/05/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Lightdemon
Add to that with the new passive Guiding Light: Increase the attack speed of Spirit Generators by 15%

"Not bad", was my first thought.
But then I remembered crusader's Fervor (15%attack speed/15% CDR)
Not fair.

Well, Crusaders have *THAT* and another passive that gives permanent 15% Attack Speed on generators.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:25 PMPosted by Aether
08/05/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Ogion
"Not bad", was my first thought.
But then I remembered crusader's Fervor (15%attack speed/15% CDR)
Not fair.

Well, Crusaders have *THAT* and another passive that gives permanent 15% Attack Speed on generators.

That would give them a total of 30%, when we are at 45% as long as STi remain active.
Reply Quote
Let's not jump to conclusions yet, let's try to stay optimistic ;)

The only thing i don't like is the small WoL buff and the LTK nerf/buff? Strange joh..
Reply Quote
So if we consider stormbreaker to be our best dps build then, on paper, I don't think we'll progress much further in GRifts. There will be more 27-32 monks with more diversity I think, but after that dps will still hit a wall.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:29 PMPosted by R3W1ND
So if we consider stormbreaker to be our best dps build then, on paper, I don't think we'll progress much further in GRifts. There will be more 27-32 monks with more diversity I think, but after that dps will still hit a wall.

pretty much that.

Those monks who are all in on their "Madstone/SWK/SSS" builds also just got hit with a nerf. That Taeguk looking fairly weak right now.. =X

"Gaining a stack no longer refreshes all existing stacks" = RIP
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:29 PMPosted by R3W1ND

Inna's should be significantly better due to Salvation. With the new seasonal Fists (low upkeep) and very high attack speeds, it's a possibility that it can be a contender for best dps build.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Lightdemon
That would give them a total of 30%, when we are at 45% as long as STi remain active.

I really think the way STI currently is formulated is a result of Blizzard recognising their mistake but refuse to admit it. There is no need whatsoever to add a condition to this 30% IAS. Imo the 75% HP condition brings absolutely nothing to the general gameplay, apart from some unpleasant nerfs when you fight Rift Guardians and such.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Druin
Aside from gen APS increases (which are hidden btw) I see nothing but nerfs and tiny tiny tiny tiny buffs.

I will review this stuff when I get back from lunch I suppose.

I think the defensive buffs are pretty nice. but a little confused by the changes to our spenders, i was expecting them to be buffed significantly
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Lightdemon
Inna's should be significantly better due to Salvation. With the new seasonal Fists (low upkeep) and very high attack speeds, it's a possibility that it can be a contender for best dps build.

If you meant Inna/SWK combo - I rarely had problems with survivability before, had problems with time running out as I was unable to kill mobs in time. Up until level 29 that is. If the new changes do not bring more damage, then I don't see how am I going to progress further.
Reply Quote
I hate to put too much faith in datamined info, but right now this is kind of depressing. A mix of nerfs and buffs that probably add up to no change at all.

It's just bizarre.

I'll hope the actual notes make more sense when they get released because this...does not fill me with faith in the developers.
Reply Quote
Just seems like this is the defensive buff patch. Test on PTR, see the results and than have an offensive buff patch after that. Unless the generators really do way more than expected. If they truly targeted defense with this one, it would be good to know. If they told us this and than told us they would be adjusting offense after testing results, it would be even better. More communication!
Reply Quote
Sweeping Wind
Cyclone : While your vortex is at the maximum stack count3 or more stacks, Critical Hits have a chance to spawn a lightning tornado that periodically electrocutes nearby enemies for 35% weapon damage as Lightning. Each spawned lightning tornado lasts 3 seconds. / Sweeping Wind's damage turns into Lightning.

Sad panda here :(

Cyclones either need their duration increased to like 10 seconds or that 35% damage needs to be a lot higher.

35% weapon damage as Lightning.
generates the same sort of smile on my face as if I watched cute kittens on youtube.
Reply Quote
We just got our hopes up far too much from a single blue post that promised "buffs" without any numerical value.
Reply Quote
All i see is monk's survivability problem being solved, but who needs that when u dont have damage
Reply Quote
ItemPassive_Unique_Gem_015_x1 - now gains .5% increased damage (Down from 1%) for 4 seconds (up from 3). Gaining a stack no longer refreshes all existing stacks

Can't believe no one is talking about this..

Bane of the Trapped > Taeguk like I said. Most likely =X
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:39 PMPosted by R3W1ND
08/05/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Lightdemon

If you meant Inna/SWK combo - I rarely had problems with survivability before, had problems with time running out as I was unable to kill mobs in time. Up until level 29 that is. If the new changes do not bring more damage, then I don't see how am I going to progress further.

Seasonal Fists aren't out yet, so there's that. But yea, I totally understand. I'm just trying to convey that the dynamic is changing pretty significantly. Our source of damage can come from generators now, which is a very dramatic change (although I can see lots of skeptical monks disagreeing).

If that much is true, the way in which we use and the efficiency of using spenders are going to change significantly. I mean, what would this mean for CW: RT? You get to put out debuffs and burst with dmg with spenders or mantra spam. FoT: Static Charge can potentially be powerful, if the speed is there.

Inna/SWK isn't going to be the only alternative to Stormbreaker anymore.
Reply Quote
Oh and just when I thought Transcendence was great I saw this:

X1_Crusader

Wrathful Each point of Wrath spent heals you for 3301 Life. / Heal amount is increased by 4% of your Health Globe Healing Bonus.

I don't play Crusader so could someone please confirm they spend half the resources of monks? Cause it would not make sense otherwise.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:50 PMPosted by R3W1ND
Oh and just when I thought Transcendence was great I saw this:

X1_Crusader

Wrathful Each point of Wrath spent heals you for 3301 Life. / Heal amount is increased by 4% of your Health Globe Healing Bonus.

I don't play Crusader so could someone please confirm they spend half the resources of monks? Cause it would not make sense otherwise.

They should, once you factor in that epiphany's resource regen has been more than doubled and our generators give us more, and our passive regen has also been buffed.
Edited by Rukan#1394 on 8/5/2014 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:46 PMPosted by R3W1ND

Cyclones either need their duration increased to like 10 seconds or that 35% damage needs to be a lot higher.

This really depends on how fast the generators got buffed.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:48 PMPosted by scrapz
Gaining a stack no longer refreshes all existing stacks

uhhhhhh ... wow that was slightly unseen............ that's a completely pointless gem now because you can't refresh stacks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]