Diablo® III

3rd PTR Build incoming - Datamined

08/05/2014 02:48 PMPosted by scrapz
ItemPassive_Unique_Gem_015_x1 - now gains .5% increased damage (Down from 1%) for 4 seconds (up from 3). Gaining a stack no longer refreshes all existing stacks

Can't believe no one is talking about this..

Bane of the Trapped > Taeguk like I said. Most likely =X

I don't care about the first part, blue said somewhere that we'll be getting more consistent upgrades so I can see the nerf there. The second part however....
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:48 PMPosted by scrapz
ItemPassive_Unique_Gem_015_x1 - now gains .5% increased damage (Down from 1%) for 4 seconds (up from 3). Gaining a stack no longer refreshes all existing stacks

Can't believe no one is talking about this..

Bane of the Trapped > Taeguk like I said. Most likely =X

So this means Taeguk is only good for spirit dumping in 4 secs? Probably 4 bells total.

Horrible...

Taeguk was the only thing that kept TR good......
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:50 PMPosted by R3W1ND
Oh and just when I thought Transcendence was great I saw this:

X1_Crusader

Wrathful Each point of Wrath spent heals you for 3301 Life. / Heal amount is increased by 4% of your Health Globe Healing Bonus.

I don't play Crusader so could someone please confirm they spend half the resources of monks? Cause it would not make sense otherwise.

HA they spend their resources stupidly fast, and generate it faster than monks easy. barbs got a similar buff also, right now monks are at the bottom of the barrel for life per resource spent.
Reply Quote
Anyways, I'm sure its just false datamined info. No way they would not let u refresh the stack somehow. It would make the gem completely obsolete.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:56 PMPosted by scrapz
Anyways, I'm sure its just false datamined info. No way they would not let u refresh the stack somehow. It would make the gem completely obsolete.

VERY non-legendary if that were the case, imo .
Reply Quote

I like where your mind is at.

This WHOLE thing, ALLL the 'data-mined' info is just to dupe people like us, and make us look bad for 'over-reacting'.

You will see..... new downloads before the new patch launches.

"Whoops we uploaded the wrong batch of data... that's from 7 years ago. My bad. lulz."
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Pikey

I like where your mind is at.

This WHOLE thing, ALLL the 'data-mined' info is just to dupe people like us, and make us look bad for 'over-reacting'.

You will see..... new downloads before the new patch launches.

"Whoops we uploaded the wrong batch of data... that's from 7 years ago. My bad. lulz."

Indeed. Diablofans is out to get monks.

This is fo sure
Reply Quote
Or maybe it's Blizzard duping EVERYONE.

What else do they have to do and think about all day?
Reply Quote
They need to answer monks because so far the information that is available to us is barely holding back the negativity.
Reply Quote
pretty soon druins gonna be the only monk left.......
Reply Quote
I'm assuming our spenders are getting their animations shortened dramatically for more spam/dps, which wouldn't show up in datamined info.

Otherwise that blue post about upcoming significant spender buffs was just a lie!
Reply Quote
# Epiphany

* Windwalker : Has been removed and replaced by Insight : Increases the bonus Spirit regeneration from Epiphany to 45.

So they removed the +3% atk speed per enemy killed rune. Totally destroyed my low torment speed palm build. Had a really nice sudden burst of power after activating and exploding first group of whites. Sometimes got stacks up to 30 (+90% attack speed), which on top of STI and some other skills, made for some really fast fists. Was hoping to try it more with the new generator "buffs". Well, they did add extra in the passives, so will see how it all works out in the end.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

From my review --
This change, at first glance, makes no sense at all. If the gem is meant to gain max possible stacks as it levels and stacks don't refresh then leveling it does nothing.

I will tentatively assume they are changing it more substantially and leveling it now increases the % not the stack count. This means it's up to your spec to proc it as many times in 4 seconds as possible.

Let's live in a world where I am right and review it from there (bearing in mind that if I am wrong this gem is obviously no longer playable and should be ignored by everyone forever).

I like this change. Keeping a stack count of 50+ was a poor game mechanic that directly punished people for high-ping and double-punished people for getting CC'ed. The last thing this game needs is MORE penalties for getting CC'ed.

If we assume it gets 0.2% per level which gives it ~10% per stack at lvl50 then it's pretty reasonable. Spending your resource 5 times in 4 seconds is easy for any spec that is deisnged to do so and it might maintain its place as one of the best gems in the game situationally.
6pc Set Bonus: Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 20% increased Attack Speed for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

So the Devs are ok with Crusaders having +100% IAS semi-easily. And it still won't be used! (probably)
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 8/5/2014 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Druin
I really need to stop posting my initial emotional response to changes within seconds of having read them.

After doing my full review, I am strongly skeptical of this patch but the eHP and Sustain changes are big enough that we might actually be able to work with it.

The thing is.. aren't you a little tired of "Working with it" the slightly less ugly brother of "Deal with it".
Honestly when will it get to the point that.. after two months on the ptr we're only marginally better off than we were before. We take much less damage but we still tickle outside of 1k storms 6 pc.. which for those of us who dislike CDR.. they just made it THAT much worse. Not to mention I abhor the playstyle.. and with these changes it completely contradicts eachother.. they buff our toughness .. but the the main viable spec that does a decent amount of damage is centered around never being hit.. so doesn't make much sense to me.

I've always tried to be the "Well next ptr patch they'll get to it".. Then finally they posted "BIG MONK CHANGES" I was excited.. now all I see are tweaks to our damage which in my opinion is still the MASSIVE glaring hole in the issue with monks. I look forward to your results but I'm still pretty pessimistic about things. I seriously doubt these "tweaks".. they aren't large buffs as promised.. these weaks.. will bring GRIFT leaderboards on a more even scale.. It's just not going to happen. Which is unfortunate because I most likely won't be playing D3 unless it's on my monk and I'm getting a little tired of making it work. I just want competitive damage and want it in a way that feels monk-like.
Reply Quote
I think they're being very cautious with our damage scaling. They don't want us to get to a dmg level that is too OP, enjoy it then come back and nerf us to a more competitive level. That's the cons of using the public to test their game instead of hiring a competent internal testing team + closed beta.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]