Diablo® III

Lightning or Fire build advice.

Hey guys, I'm looking to give my monk another go round after gearing up my DH. The current impasse I'm at is going either Fire or lightning, I'm not a fan of zdps so that isn't an option. The reason I cant decide is because I have a little of each elemental type in gear, i.e strongarm bracers with light%, raiment legs, a decent WKL, ammy, andariels and Tgods. And for fire its pretty much just magefists, and cindercoat.
Reply Quote
Check out some of the popular posters to get a feel for the two styles of build. I think lighting has a slight advantage over fire for t-5-6 but both have their value. I use fire for fast farming of tokens and materials and lighting for high rift play.....Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
If you go fire, check out my fire monk (weeman). No spirit generator build, works great when you got the gear!

If you go lightning, check out my lightning monk (Brackman). Works great when you got the gear!

If you go ZDPS, which you stated you werent, check out my ZDPS monk (Bigdicvic). Works great when you got the gear!!

ha :)
Reply Quote
@ Arkangel

All top 100 elemental damage players say go fire... Here is a link to check their builds...

http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_elemental_dps
Reply Quote
I've go insanely high lightning element but extremely low dps but I've still got Wiz gear on my Monk LOL.
But funny enough with this amount of lightning element I can do T1 with such low DPS.
Normally if I didn't have high lightning element it would take ages to kill an enemy at T1.
I think what I need to do now is get the mystic to turn all my Intel into dex and craft some sockets on my weapons and I should be right.
I just wish I had Ramaladni's Gift right the moment since I do have a good Odyn Son that deserves a socket but I need to roll dex on it. LOL

Yes I'm making fun of myself that I just happened to have collected lots of lightning element gear and put it all on my Monk and yet I need to enchant it to dex.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info guys
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]