Diablo® III

I am at a lose...

So I have been testing the new stuff for monk since the new PTR patch came in. I am just at a lose.

I have some of the best gear to play around with for any specific build element you can think of so I think I have tried it all tonight.

Mainly everything I have tested has been from the new WoL,LTK and new passives/skills and new APS to generators.

So thoughts..

I feel this ptr patch was the defensive patch.. meaning transcendence is really good now. but that's about it.

So Generators...

They do feel very good now with the increase in APS, but still damage is lacking.

Pure Generator builds that I tested tonight

SWK holy + WoL (Dragon and Torch tested)
Lighting (no Jawbreaker)
Fire + LTK
Cold + Rimeheart

Still all generator builds above still max out around GR 29-30.

Spenders...

WoL animation does feel much better, still hit like a wet noodle. Torch weapon with reduced cost on WoL and the new Epiphany Insight help to spam more WoL's but with few holy damage items WoL is criting around 30 mil +.

LTK radius change was nice, and GNK increase helps as well. Even with LTK at 50 spirit its possible to still spam it but once again you just lose to much damage to get to that sweat spot to be able to spam it. Lighting LTK is nice because you can just perma stun now but still the damage feels weak as LTK crits around 20 mil+

All these builds above have potential do to legendary gems but the damage is still not were we need to be.

Also these changes do help the average monk to do T6, but does not help with higher GR at all...

All in all I am just drained. The SWK Madstone+SSS was nerfed so now the king of all is still 1k storms + jawbreaker. Ping Pong monk is king.

Its just still not there yet... and I am worried that this ptr is coming to a end soon..
Reply Quote
Well I spent 5 hrs testing random shiz. Sustain + mitigation is there, dmg is not.

Failing on 3 RG where I made time, even brought out a stopwatch. OMG, Killing the RG without furance, kill me now. Such fail.

/ptr
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/6/2014 1:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If they could just wipe all leaderboards now and see where monks really are...

Also, I just did 4 runs on T6 rifts with my fire monk, just testing the new passives, and I king of like them all.

T6 with no unity, no desert shroud feels ok. Yes, when you get 2 packs of corrupted angles with fire chains you die but overall I feel unity or desert shrouds are not mandatory now, which is a good thing.
Edited by R3W1ND#2713 on 8/6/2014 1:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Still no dmg
Reply Quote
Agreed
Reply Quote
i really like the changes. Could use a bit more damage like always, but t6 is now a lot more viable and you have several choices
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 01:20 AMPosted by Testsubject

All in all I am just drained. The SWK Madstone+SSS was nerfed so now the king of all is still 1k storms + jawbreaker. Ping Pong monk is king.

How did they nerf SWK Madstone+SSS?
Edited by Lancer#1591 on 8/6/2014 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 06:08 AMPosted by Dead
Still no dmg

08/06/2014 06:08 AMPosted by Dead
Still no dmg
Edited by ImpenDoom#1155 on 8/6/2014 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why can't they just put some big buffs out for us and then balance from there? This nerf/adjust weapon damage by 100 while making it cost more is killing me(LTK, TR). Soon WoL is going to be 100 spirit for 1141% weapon damage
Edited by ImpenDoom#1155 on 8/6/2014 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 07:43 AMPosted by Lancer

How did they nerf SWK Madstone+SSS?

You do not get multiple spawns of clones when doing SSS anymore.
Reply Quote
So Generators...

They do feel very good now with the increase in APS, but still damage is lacking.

Just ran a GR27 with 97% Depth Diggers. Have a TF/Odyn combo, and about 80% to Lightning. At GR27, the damage I did was laughable at best. The procs were nice, but I felt maybe 2% more effective than I did before, especially now that I can't spam LTK anymore, which is infuriating me beyond belief.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]