Diablo® III

Shenlongs

Give me a reason to use this set now that the fireball proc benefits from fire bonus %. Add a set bonus of +500 dex bonus and 40%-50% fire bonus and with GNK's new dmg boost I'm swooning already. Fire hadoken monk!!!
Edited by BruiseLee#6943 on 8/5/2014 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, I feel this should be the go-to set for fire monks for whom set items are currently not BiS. It shoots a fireball! Make it good. It seems weird that the best weapon for fire monks is a 2H sword (Maximums). Better flavor to be like Ken from SF2.

BTW is one first more rare than the other? I've had 5 Relentless Assault drop but none of the other.
Reply Quote
I see more relentless than fist of legend then again its all random.
Reply Quote
What abilities cause the fireball to proc? Will these roll fire damage now?
I have both but they are both % Lightning Damage.
Reply Quote
08/14/2014 11:35 PMPosted by Hatch
What abilities cause the fireball to proc? Will these roll fire damage now?
I have both but they are both % Lightning Damage.

I think you are confusing the average elemental damage (X-Y damage of Z element) with % elemental damage.

All abilities with a proc coefficient will proc the fireball.
Reply Quote
I don't believe Blizz ever intended this set to be anything else but a steppingstone to better equipment, just like Blackthorns gear.
Shenlongs will never see the day when this set will even be useful for anything other then forgotten Souls.
Reply Quote
08/15/2014 02:32 AMPosted by Taurea
I don't believe Blizz ever intended this set to be anything else but a steppingstone to better equipment, just like Blackthorns gear.
Shenlongs will never see the day when this set will even be useful for anything other then forgotten Souls.

That is sad. I always felt that a monk looked really sexy with a pair of gloves on....was really looking forward to some kind of buff on those set of gloves.
Reply Quote
With the just announced change to the internal cool down, are these things going to roll with % element damage on them? For a fire spec seems counter productive to remove your % Fire from say Axe of Sankis or Devastator. Unless the proc makes up for it.

I did some quick testing by equipment my gear and while my sheet DPS jumped, not sure if that got offset by the reduction in % Fire damage.
Edited by Hatch#1814 on 8/15/2014 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13839303805
Reply Quote
I disagree with everything. Forget all this buff suggestions.

Only thing that needs to happen is the set item affix replacing BGM with this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQw-a8sApLQ

That will make me use the set.
Reply Quote
It would be cool if we could make a ranged Monk spec viable, but would probably require both a ranged generator too! heh
Reply Quote
A fire version of piercing trident.
Reply Quote
I tested these today, I was hitting for 20million on crits. The damage is decent as it hits all targets in a line, it was out damaging my shard of hate.

It doesn't fix us, as the generators that proc the fireball hit for so little that I still killed super slow. The proc did out damage LTK , SW, and SSS.
Reply Quote
08/16/2014 12:48 PMPosted by Khaine
The proc did out damage LTK , SW, and SSS.

Which is pretty sad considering the proc costs 0 spirit and our abilities cost a large amount of our spirit to even cast.
Reply Quote
Perhaps singularly but you will obviously be combining 3 out of the 4 if not all 4 in some builds.
Reply Quote
FYI you don't need a generator to proc this. Works in No gen builds as well with LTK for example.
Reply Quote
Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt that this set was a perfect opportunity for a physical damage monk. Just seems to make sense with the fact that they are just gloves. All your damage is coming from your fists. Spirit gen + physical damage% would go along with just relying on yourself for damage. *shrug* Fits the concept at least.

Ah well.
Reply Quote
08/16/2014 12:48 PMPosted by Khaine
I tested these today, I was hitting for 20million on crits. The damage is decent as it hits all targets in a line, it was out damaging my shard of hate.

It doesn't fix us, as the generators that proc the fireball hit for so little that I still killed super slow. The proc did out damage LTK , SW, and SSS.

The Shenlongs are not based on Proc C coefficients. They will automatically proc at 3/APS when you attack with any skill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]