Diablo® III

Export save question

If you select the export save option today, then do it again in two weeks before the game comes out, will the new save you export overwrite the old one? If this was answered in the FAQ I missed it.
Reply Quote
I think the option to export now just enables the games save data to be retrieved when needed over cloud or streaming networks, regardless of progress, it finds the save you uploaded and takes hold of it. But to play it safe, I'd export the file again the day before the game goes live or the last time you will play it. I myself will export again right before I put RoS into my PS4. Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
i would like to know the answer to this question as well, i had the same thought when i exported my save today. I hope it does overwrite if we export again at a later date.
Reply Quote
i was curious about the same thing.
Reply Quote
It wouldn't make sense not to allow overwriting, IMHO.
Reply Quote
Xbox one doesn't have any way of allowing people to mod game saves therefore modded items should be eliminated (depending on whether blizzard doesn't mess up and allow modders to transfer items from 360 or ps3 to xbox one via character transfer). PS4 users I'm sorry to say that ps4 still allows users to mod diablo game saves. judging by that alone I believe its safe to assume that UEE will be full of modders like the previous console version. Because of this I will not be purchasing on ps4.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/20/xbox-one-will-automatically-manage-your-hard-drive-storage.aspx

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5228/~/manage-ps4-save-game-data
Reply Quote
And that's the 7th time? We friggin' get it.
Reply Quote
i'm honestly tired of Pro and Anti people You know who you are

It's not because PS4 allow save export that you will be able to mod gear OK?

Some people don't like that patch 2.1 might not there there Ok fine your choice.

But please don't go on 200000 websites/threads telling people not to buy it because 2.1 might not be there.

Let people do their choice
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 10:47 AMPosted by raters
But please don't go on 200000 websites/threads telling people not to buy it because 2.1 might not be there.

But imo the current balance issues in 2.0.6 do need attention. Every argument that points out how 2.1 may fix the balance issues that make some classes really bad is worthwhile imo. General crying for patch support is unnecessary. The game should be in a playable and fun state as it is released - I'll be happy if they give us new content for free, of course, but it's much more important for the game to be balanced and fun when it is released.
Reply Quote
You didn,t get my point

I do want 2.1

But I won't go in forums saying DONT BUY IT IF NO 2.1 ITS THE DEVIL WAHH WAHH
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 10:55 AMPosted by raters
You didn,t get my point

I do want 2.1

No, I did get your point, I just disagree, because I think the balance issue is really important. I think it is a good point that should be made, especially now. Not the whining for patch support in general, but explaining what the problems that 2.1 fixes are is very much worthwhile. I disagree with people who think patch support is a solution but I still think this is an important point. And I think it's pretty fair for them to suggest not buying the game if they think it'll work.
Edited by Flachmatuch#2482 on 8/6/2014 11:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
44 Tauren Warrior
08/06/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Flachmatuch
You didn,t get my point

I do want 2.1

No, I did get your point, I just disagree, because I think the balance issue is really important. I think it is a good point that should be made, especially now. Not the whining for patch support in general, but explaining what the problems that 2.1 fixes are is very much worthwhile. I disagree with people who think patch support is a solution but I still think this is an important point. And I think it's pretty fair for them to suggest not buying the game if they think it'll work.

We don't know the balance of the console version at this time around. There has been a different team working on the port. We don't know what tweaks they have made to gear or skills. If you listen to the interviews with the team they are pointing out the differences with the PC version. I am hoping the reason to bring 2.1 is for the legendary gems and greater rifts. That is after they actually figure a way to change and balance them so range is not completely dominate.
Reply Quote
08/06/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Flachmatuch
You didn,t get my point

I do want 2.1

You did not complety got the point then

Some people don't give a !@#$ about class balance, but having people saying OMG DONT GET GAME IS NO 2.1 is depressing and might make people wh odont care about 2.1 bonus, not get the game for false reasons
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 04:20 PMPosted by Trevelyan
If you select the export save option today, then do it again in two weeks before the game comes out, will the new save you export overwrite the old one? If this was answered in the FAQ I missed it.

As it turns out, a blue posted in the comments section of this article - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/07/diablo-iii-on-ps4-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/#sf4047236

saying that any progress made after you exported will not be saved so you should only import once.
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 04:07 PMPosted by RiotDreamz

As it turns out, a blue posted in the comments section of this article - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/07/diablo-iii-on-ps4-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/#sf4047236

saying that any progress made after you exported will not be saved so you should only import once.

Interesting... he also revealed that greater rifts are not in launch, and that the 1.0.3 bug was related to my router.
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 8/8/2014 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

The feature will only ever maintain your latest export. If you’re planning on continuing your adventure in the meantime, you’ll want to hold off or re-export when it comes time for the jump to Ultimate Evil Edition on your next generation console of choice. It’s worth noting that if you’re getting the game for the same console (PS3, Xbox 360), no export is necessary. The new game will read the existing save file. For reference, our article about console save transfers can be found here.
Reply Quote
Need help....the option EXPORT doesn't show up for me on my PS4.
I want to export my file to play on my friend PS4 and it just doesn't show up at all, only the option IMPORT.
Could someone help please?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]