Edited by Neuron#1807 on 8/5/2014 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep caps at 700% now
Reply Quote
This is freaking awesome.
Reply Quote
Does vulture claw DoT stack?

If so thats almost 1k sheet dps.

Do the fireballs still double hit? If so that brings it to 2400% sheet dps.

that's very close to shotgun. If we add the new sweeping wind fist weapon... that might push monks over to the realm of holy shotgun. Or the newly buffed maximus proc.

Not quite jade or sentry DH, but probably 8 min T6 average without legendary gems?
Reply Quote
Wow I havn't been on the PTR in awhile I guess.. Our dmg on LTK is at 755% O_O the Tornado launches further too.. The normal Fire rune does dmg over time also.. !@#$ YEAH
Reply Quote
feeling kinda rough to keep LTK"ing with the extra cost now, trying to fool around with passives and some others skills to increase spirit regen
Reply Quote
Yeah the GNK fire build is much better now than on live. Still a bit boring to use one damage skill the whole time though, and it's still hard to survive while stacking 54%+ CDR unless you use sustain passives like Transcendence.

Not sure how I would compare it to Stormbreaker at this point but it's probably just a little less powerful now. I'm experimenting with different passives at the moment. As expected, Transcendence is a pretty large buff to survivability with the amount of spirit you burn through.

At 54% CDR using the Insight rune on Epiphany, I am running into spirit issues using the new STI passive even with Air Ally. It's a shame because the damage output is not too bad with that attack speed. Guess I'll keep messing around and see if I strike a good balance.
Edited by lolwut#1203 on 8/5/2014 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 06:54 PMPosted by lolwut
Yeah the GNK fire build is much better now than on live. Still a bit boring to use one damage skill the whole time though, and it's still hard to survive while stacking 54%+ CDR unless you use sustain passives like Transcendence.

Not sure how I would compare it to Stormbreaker at this point but it's probably just a little less powerful now. I'm experimenting with different passives at the moment. As expected, Transcendence is a pretty large buff to survivability with the amount of spirit you burn through.

At 54% CDR using the Insight rune on Epiphany, I am running into spirit issues using the new STI passive even with Air Ally. It's a shame because the damage output is not too bad with that attack speed. Guess I'll keep messing around and see if I strike a good balance.

did you try it with a two hander?
Reply Quote
This is...this is...this is....!

This makes Wave of Light even sh!ttier now! :D

Still good addition although I'm not a fan of LTK.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Rukan
08/05/2014 06:54 PMPosted by lolwut

did you try it with a two hander?

That's a good point, I haven't tried that yet. I don't really have any Daibos saved at the moment (scrapped them all before 2h buff). Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 06:57 PMPosted by lolwut
That's a good point, I haven't tried that yet. I don't really have any Daibos saved at the moment (scrapped them all before 2h buff). Any suggestions?

Maximus seems the most obvious choice to me.

The chain scales with fire now, and it already did massive damage before, when it didn't scale with fire.

Furnace is yet another obvious option, but they said they were gonna nerf that right?
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 06:59 PMPosted by Rukan
08/05/2014 06:57 PMPosted by lolwut

Maximus seems the most obvious choice to me.

The chain scales with fire now, and it already did massive damage before, when it didn't scale with fire.

Furnace is yet another obvious option, but they said they were gonna nerf that right?

Furnace (which I do have) did get nerfed to give 40% elite damage bonus. I actually have a Maximus so I can give that a shot.
Reply Quote
The DoT on LTK is stacking O_O MAAAAN why cant the DOT be on the TORNADO RUNE!!! TIME TO MAKE CRY POST ABOUT THIS! Tornado rune = my Fav T_T;;lol
Reply Quote
omg this is just so awesome.. MAXIMUS IS FREAKING INSANE. Like these buffs are just wow.. i have a reason to !@#$ing play the game again.

Btw just fit sweeping wind + air ally into your fire build and you should be fine with Captains + RCR Points.

Our sustain is unbelieveable now too btw. Soothing Mist + Trans passive = so much sustain. ( I have 50k health globes)
Reply Quote
I'm trying it out. I have zero trouble with spirit sustain. And survivability in T6 is a non-issue with the setup I'm using right now.

I guess the question is how to milk more DPS out of the setup.

I'll time a few runs.
Reply Quote
Yeah I agree with Teckno about the Maximus being pretty badass, I just did a T5 rift pretty easily and completed a 24 wave "Greater Rift Trial" for a level 16 keystone.

I was running STI for the attack speed boost (which means I can't use Exalted Soul) and I was a little spirit starved but not nearly as much as dual wielding. I did have to use the Insight rune still so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm at 1.22 APS with 6 Spirit/Second using this setup.

Current Skill setup:

Lashing Tail Kick - Vulture Claw Kick
Dashing Strike - Quicksilver
Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace
Serenity - Ascension
Mystic Ally - Air Ally
Epiphany - Insight

Passives:

Beacon of Ytar
Sieze the Initiative
Transcendence
Harmony

I could maybe drop Inner Sanctuary or Dashing Strike for Sweeping Wind - I'll have to do some more testing. Harmony is required for me at this point because of all my OWE fire resist....

Guess I could always drop STI and go back to Exalted Soul, then use the Desert Shroud rune for Epiphany. The APS boost from STI is really helpful though...

Stats:

54% CDR
8700 Dex
41% CHC
311% CHD
116% Fire damage increase
44% Elite damage increase
17k Armor
268K health (laughable that I can survive T5 with no issues so far with this)
800-900 all res, 1400 fire res

Anything else I should test?
Reply Quote
Cost 50 spirits now. WTF. Crusaders get a spender at the cost of 40 wrath that does 960% damage x 3, @ reduced cost of 20 wrath with AC set. And we get a damage increase at the cost of 20 extra spirit. This must be a joke. And besides that everything else seems to be nerf.

Obviously coming last isn't bad enough for Monks.
Reply Quote
Just timed a run T6

A bit over 6 minutes. Wasn't even a very good rift.

No legendary gems. And my maximus has one of the worst possible base damage rolls.

Pretty good I gotta say. I'll see if I can consistently do T6 runs around that time

stats:
http://i.imgur.com/PkqG8kN.png

Passives:
Exalted Soul
Seize the initiative
Guardian's Path
Beacon of Ytar.

I can probably further optimize this build with more time

edit: attempt #2: 9 minutes, 3 deaths T_T

Still reasonable though, compared to what LTK monks were doing before.
Edited by Rukan#1394 on 8/5/2014 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So this patch buff to no-gen fire build? since you can cast LTK non stop thx to better spirit regen , then proc transendant passive, unkillable in T6
Edited by DalaiLama#1376 on 8/5/2014 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]