Diablo® III

[Review] - Datamined info PTR 3

08/05/2014 04:02 PMPosted by Robay
I tried Cinderswitch on the ptr with a Tempest Rush build and it was horrid. I dont think anything will change that in this iteration of the patch.

Heh, I meant as a means to test proc coefficients, not actually use for T6, etc.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Druin
Scorpion Sting's stun was increased to 2 seconds. Even though this LOOKS like a small change, it actually makes SS's stun get closer to perma-stunning bosses. It's possible (and I would need to do some math I don't know by heart) that a Voo-powered SS-stun is actually long enough to break the min-threshold for elite/champ/boss stun duration and allow for perma-CC.

Druin is correct, a threshold was passed (with Voo). Elites only...
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/05/2014 04:10 PMPosted by Vox
Druin is correct, a threshold was passed (with Voo). Elites only...

Can you math me on this one Vox? I don't know the threshold formula by heart.
08/05/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Vox
Druin is correct, a threshold was passed (with Voo). Elites only.

Excuse my ignorance here. Voo = ?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/05/2014 04:15 PMPosted by peke
Excuse my ignorance here. Voo = ?

Oops! Dovu*
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dovu-energy-trap

Been a while since I have even talked about this ammy as it was useless after the change to Stunbells.
I wouldn't dismiss the dodge rune from Mantra of Salvation. Dodged sucked because it sucked compared to what the non-dexterity classes received, namely 7500-10000 armor, or 750-1000 all resist. Considering how little dodge we now have, getting 35% from a rune could be very useful.

For instance, going from 0 dodge to 35% dodge essentially increases your life expectancy by 53.8% against damage which can be dodged. The larger question is how much damage can be dodged? If 50% can be dodged, that's a 26.9% increase in life expectancy. I have a feeling the 35% dodge rune would increase your life expectancy more than another 20% AR or armor.
Reply Quote
Look @ my Voo

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/scrapz-1142/hero/4144996

Ready for the group soothing mist + transcendence build
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 8/5/2014 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Druin
There is no such thing as class movespeed parity.

DH's > all already and I don't see Danetta's nerfs anywhere. Yes, at 80% CDR, 1.2s DS would have been outstanding but 80% CDR DS will still be stupidly good. This really only hurts non-CDR monks and I don't get that logic.

No exact parity, for sure. However, there is a need for similar movespeed capability between classes, else some classes could be effectively shut out from endgame play.

I think DH are likely behind monks, wizards, and crusaders, but it gets harder and harder to tell what max movespeed capability is because so many more factors are involved these days (resource management, monster densities, monster kills, procs, multiple interacting movespeed skills, etc.).

Wizards with their new telewand will probably be in front of everyone.

Absolutely agree that many changes in datamined stuff show more pigeon-holing into CDR for monk. And, that's not good in the grand scheme.
Reply Quote
View profile
Transcendence Every point of Spirit spent heals you for 1568 Life. (up from 248) / Heal amount is increased by 2% of your Health Globe Healing Bonus. (up from 0.2%)

This is probably the biggest change this patch.

This passive likely fixes every non-storm-breaker monk's sustain issues. Say goodby to any thought of LoH or LPS, even a modest 60k globes gives you a whopping 138,400 life every time you activate a mantra.

but lets not forget that barbs and crusaders get nearly double what we get.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/05/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Tyne
For instance, going from 0 dodge to 35% dodge essentially increases your life expectancy by 53.8% against damage which can be dodged. The larger question is how much damage can be dodged? If 50% can be dodged, that's a 26.9% increase in life expectancy. I have a feeling the 35% dodge rune would increase your life expectancy more than another 20% AR or armor.

Forgive me but how does 35% dodge increase life expectancy by anything more than 35%? :D

08/05/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Blackglitch

I will happily get together with some barbs and saders who know their stuff and actually work out the math but I would be EXTREMELY surprised to find that they can generate and spend resources as fast as us.

Epiphany alone can now give 45 spir/sec *1.45 (GP + Templar) = 65.25 spir/sec.
As my sader buddy was real excited when his mace rolled with like 5 wrath/sec I have trouble believing that their resource and ours work the same.
Edited by Druin#1518 on 8/5/2014 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Forgive me but how does 35% dodge increase life expectancy by anything more than 35%? :D

he got the math wrong its actually 67.4%
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Blackglitch

I also noticed this but you have to take into consideration of just how much resources do they actually spend comparing to monks. If they spend half of the resources monks do then they will be in a slightly worse position as their HP will spike more.
However if they are close to spending same or near of what monks do then they are obviously at an advantage and this will need a second look at.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Druin

1/65%

anyways, anyone else see alacrity and immediate think to compare it to fervor?
Reply Quote
Sweeping Armada : Unleash a large roundhouse kick that deals 825% (up from 671) weapon damage as Physical to enemies within 15 (up from -5) yards.
Knockback removed (thank the lord)

I would have preferred that the knockback be a consistent radius (30-35yrds) rather than not having any at all. SA is pretty useful with Raiment set. Dash into a pile of mobs and scatter them leaving you with tons of targets to dash to. It is especially useful when fighting lone elite mobs.

SA->Dash->SA->Dash was sort of fun. Reminds me of Dragonball. :)
Edited by iKid#6768 on 8/5/2014 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Druin

1/0.65 = 1.538, or a 53.8% increase in how long you live. If you had 50% dodge you wouldn't live 50% longer, you would live 100% longer, 1/0.5 = 2 or 100% more. Both cases are assuming you went from 0% dodge to either 35% or 50% respectively.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/05/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Rukan
1/65%

anyways, anyone else see alacrity and immediate think to compare it to fervor?

Hrm, that math!

So if you have 35% chance to dodge, if it took 10 hits to kill you, it will instead take 10/0.65 = 15.38 hits to kill you thus effectively making you live for 53.8% longer.

Very cool.
If you don't consider the affects of the new legendary gems, I think these changes will still leave monks doing less than half the damage of other classes, with the exception of the lame dashing strike build.

Even with various attack speed buffs, with the current spirit spender costs and spirit per hit rates, they could double the damage of every damage dealing spirit spending skill and monks still wouldn't top the leaderboards.

These devs need to play with some top players that play other classes to show them just how meaningless their changes to monk have been thus far.
Reply Quote
View profile
just curious, would anyone like to speculate on the use of wyrdward with the new LTK:SS? would the 1.5 sec stun stack to the 2 sec? and would the chance of that be worth using?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/05/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
If you don't consider the affects of the new legendary gems, I think these changes will still leave monks doing less than half the damage of other classes, with the exception of the lame dashing strike build.

Even with various attack speed buffs, with the current spirit spender costs and spirit per hit rates, they could double the damage of every damage dealing spirit spending skill and monks still wouldn't top the leaderboards.

These devs need to play with some top players that play other classes to show them just how meaningless their changes to monk have been thus far.

Yup. DPS is still my and many other top-monks major concern.

I broke down our current issues into 4 major categories in my larger review thread on the PTR --
DPS, Sustain/Mitigation, Spirit management, sets.
Sets are semi-okay but still have issues.
Spirit management is, for the most part, okay.
Sustain/mitigation appears to be getting the buffs needed to make it no longer a major concern.

This leaves DPS which seems to be completely un-touched as a problem. It remains to be seen how much APS mod-changes and mitigation/sustain buffs will affect our DPS output so I will wait.

08/05/2014 04:42 PMPosted by Sycoticpyro
just curious, would anyone like to speculate on the use of wyrdward with the new LTK:SS? would the 1.5 sec stun stack to the 2 sec? and would the chance of that be worth using?

While I can't say with 100% authority without testing it, it is most likely that the stuns act independently which means if both proc at the same time, the 2s stun will simply supersede the 1.5s stun and the monster will be stunned for 2 seconds.
Edited by Druin#1518 on 8/5/2014 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]