Damage down from
Damage down from
Damage down from
Damage down from
Damage down from
Charge time increased from 6 to 8.
LTK cost up

What the.....

those scalars better be doubled (which they are not), this is a damn joke. Been so psyched for this patch to see.... this....

then peruse the barb notes and its all green "up from" everywhere.
Reply Quote
Wish Jay Wilson would come back and just double it for us.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:31 PMPosted by scrapz

100 spirit for LTK? yeah, would love to see that one just for the laughs 8) nothing to lose anyway anymore :P
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:31 PMPosted by scrapz

Better yet, multiply it by 30.
Reply Quote
Don't rush to conclusions quite yet, blue did say some changes won't show on patch notes.

It's possible they made the generators attack faster (before the Passive) so the damage was reduced to balance that out.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:27 PMPosted by CecilPaladin
We've just been Don Vu'ed.

Again.

It was predictable.
Reply Quote
bad, yes.

joke, no.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 02:55 PMPosted by Hangender
bad, yes.

joke, no.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Technically, it could still be a buff if the animation/APS-mod changes are substantial enough.

Until I test it I have to suspend my criticism.

However ... if it turns out the APS buff is just that passive (worst case) or in the 10-15% range, I will join the dark-side and let the hate flow through me.
08/05/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Druin
Technically, it could still be a buff if the animation/APS-mod changes are substantial enough.

However ... if it turns out the APS buff is just that passive (worst case) or in the 10-15% range, I will join the dark-side and let the hate flow through me.

my guess is they will be equivalent increases to the amount of damage per hit decreased, to keep a net gain 0 (sans IAS interaction, which benefits most from scalar changes)

so by that logic, assuming FOT +20% faster, WOTHF +10% faster, other two relatively unchanged. No idea on LTK/WOL assuming still not enough though. Hopefully by assuming Im making an !@# of myself... we'll see.

I do have to throw out though, if they combined WOL into a single hit and the animation allows you to move right after dropping the bell, it will be WAY better though.

Disappointed in most of it. Transcend is good, but man, I REALLY just want to deal good damage :x
Reply Quote
This is exactly what I said to myself, "This must be a joke". I've been checking every day for new notes for weeks. Today finally diablofans had the news that blues were psyching us up about. It felt like Christmas morning with one big present begging to be unwrapped. Imagine my shock when all I found inside that huge box was yet another smaller box filled with nerfs and red letters. Coal in our stockings Blizzard, thats what this feels like.

Wow, I used to love this company, no joke. There was a time when I considered Blizzard way up there with old squaresoft. Not anymore, nothing but let down, after let down.

Against my better judgement, I will give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt ONE MORE TIME. If our class isnt properly addressed with 2.1, I'm officially gone for good. Not just diablo, but starcraft, and wow as well. These notes were that much of a slap in the face. I'm liking EA more than Blizzard right now. At least EA doesn't keep up the pretense of good community relations.

They simply must think they know better than their players. That's the only explanation I have for this at this point...

I mean like.... It feels personal at this point.... Am I alone on this?
Edited by saigo#1155 on 8/5/2014 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
havent played d3 for a month.

droppin in to look at the patch notes.

i dont think its too bad. ;p
Reply Quote

Basically this. The APS changes to generators have to cancel out or be greater than the increased cost of LTK. If they aren't... then this is a net loss. Personally, I'd have rather they just doubled the damage on LTK, left the cost the same and see what happens.

Suspending criticism until I can test this stuff myself... but seriously, it DOESN'T look good at a glance. I doubt they are going to roughly give us a 50%+ increase to our APS on generators (which is what would more or less be needed)
Reply Quote
Yeah, and I am negative right Druin? Now, can we all agree that these people are absolutely inept now?

Come on out Blizzard appologists and fan boyz. Let's here you defend this nonsense.
Reply Quote
Defend this if it's true ? nope.

Everyone in this thread should post sh!t and get banned if it comes to this.

As a LTK fire Monk ! i have no words and it feels like spirit depletes fast even with Cindercoat and i can't see how any sh!tty damage buff can make up for the increase.
Reply Quote
Basically we're going to have to build as much CDR as we can for perma-Epiphany, for every build.
Reply Quote

This ^^^^^^^.... But seriously this whole D3 development team needs a good sacking... It seems every classes is getting a nerf... Are they balancing every classes to reach around Lvl 40 Grifts? Shouldn't they be buffing classes to do higher G-rift levels...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]