Diablo® III

Be quiet until you get on ptr

08/05/2014 08:55 PMPosted by ZellJr
In my excitement to test the new features, I ended up losing about half my good items. I dropped my SoH, TF, set items, etc. on the ground while rearranging and gambling and ended up leaving the game without picking them back up.

Sad day.

Live or ptr?
Reply Quote
Transcendence passive. Every use of MoC (or any spender) heals for 100k+. Generators give spirit so fast now (especially with ias focus) that it really is spammable. I can stand on the source of an arcane sentry in t6 while fighting an elite and still live.

08/05/2014 08:26 PMPosted by ZellJr

How does mantra of conviction boost your survivability? It's a damage booster essentially.

And you can't spam it all day, otherwise you're not doing any damage.
Edited by Flattylol#1782 on 8/5/2014 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 09:11 PMPosted by thaaad
Live or ptr?

I hope to God PTR.. which if that's the case... just recopy your characters over. You'll lose any progress you've made.. but you'll at least get all if not most of your items back.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 09:11 PMPosted by thaaad
08/05/2014 08:55 PMPosted by ZellJr
In my excitement to test the new features, I ended up losing about half my good items. I dropped my SoH, TF, set items, etc. on the ground while rearranging and gambling and ended up leaving the game without picking them back up.

Sad day.

Live or ptr?
PTR, but all that gear was earned on PTR
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 08:56 PMPosted by Flattylol
Man, you guys are really shooting for the moon.

But, I feel what you're saying. But let's look at the big picture -- this is a huge step in the right direction. And keep in mind this is just the 3rd iteration of the PTR. We got plenty more to go. Obviously spenders need to be looked at now, but generators have been given a wonderful boost.

Survivability has completely been fixed. Spender builds won't even need to spam mantra to stay alive, just using their offense will be sufficient (however....)

Spenders are weak. Even though spirit generator is perfect now, a true generator/spender build isn't really viable because of the low damage, but at least the generation is in the right place.

Dude - your gear - your spec - if you are doing T6 even remotely efficiently ill eat my hat. You are not end game - stop talking like you are.
Reply Quote
Not sure where that came from, but ok. I like your 6pc raiment build with no jawbreaker. I'm sure that works great.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 09:32 PMPosted by Bratag
08/05/2014 08:56 PMPosted by Flattylol
Man, you guys are really shooting for the moon.

But, I feel what you're saying. But let's look at the big picture -- this is a huge step in the right direction. And keep in mind this is just the 3rd iteration of the PTR. We got plenty more to go. Obviously spenders need to be looked at now, but generators have been given a wonderful boost.

Survivability has completely been fixed. Spender builds won't even need to spam mantra to stay alive, just using their offense will be sufficient (however....)

Spenders are weak. Even though spirit generator is perfect now, a true generator/spender build isn't really viable because of the low damage, but at least the generation is in the right place.

Dude - your gear - your spec - if you are doing T6 even remotely efficiently ill eat my hat. You are not end game - stop talking like you are.

He has significantly more eDPS than you, and more toughness. Why can't he do T6?
Reply Quote
Let's be realistic, why would I even bother doing t6 on a monk right now? I have a DH and WD with top of the line gear. My monks basically exist for testing purposes right now. I'm sure most people are in that boat at the moment... it's not like it takes long to gear up either of those powerhouse classes.
Reply Quote
Just quoting my other post fyi

Fyi, I tested GNK + LTK + FoT cookie lightning build in T6 Rift for efficiency and feel. Without much tweaking, T6 is ok with Unity x 2 but I gotta say it is underwhelming. Fire LTK should be much better I reckon. Anyway, Blizz gives "BUNCH" for LESS I guess...all that excitement over blue post. Maybe too early to say since there could be more efficient builds that rely on this round of change BUT I doubt it's going to be game changing.

On the other hand, holy might be quite good with the change in generator speed - someone tested yet?
Edited by Flimsy#6693 on 8/5/2014 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you join my game I will absolutely kick you

you have survivability SO WHAT? you have NO demage.

And I cant feel you could do GR 30.
Reply Quote
I tested my fire LTK build on the PTR.. and while survivability is much better than pre-patch, the spirit cost of LTK is way too high now. It now forces us into yet ANOTHER build that has to stack an unreasonable amount of CDR just to get perma-epiphany so we can just spam our spenders.

They should have left the cost alone, it would have been just perfectly FINE at 30 spirit. Seriously.. two steps forwards, two steps to the side and one and a half steps back with EVERY patch for monks.
Edited by Fahita#1469 on 8/5/2014 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can you guys keep your e-peen battle to yourselves please?
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 09:45 PMPosted by WarLax
08/05/2014 09:32 PMPosted by Bratag

He has significantly more eDPS than you, and more toughness. Why can't he do T6?

He has about 100k than me - primarily because he is using a 2.4k SOH and a 2.4k TF and the RNG Gods have not seen fit to give me anything even close to that. I could of course go and put on my epeen weapons and boost my dps WAY up but that doesn't translate to real world playability. My dps output is going to far exceed his because I am also stacking 25% WOTHF damage and am taking advantage of the set bonus damage.

Play the ptr - do the math and realize the last patch was essentially a net damage wash for generators and a nerf in most other things. SNAFU nothing more to see here.
Reply Quote
It was a net huge buff to generator damage. Have you played the ptr yet or are you just talking out your !@#?
Reply Quote
Is it a bug but WOHF+FOF don't proc's at all?
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 10:28 PMPosted by Immortal
Is it a bug but WOHF+FOF don't proc's at all?

I hope so. But I sorta thought / kinda expected them to totally trash proc rates among spirit generators because they increased their APS.

I mean, Blizzard just can't BUFF our damage apparently. Something always has to have a catch, or a drawback, or something to kick us in the nuts at the same time.

They really are sadists. I believe they are the kind of people who if given the chance, would likely participate in Hostel style torture-fests.

It just so happens that they have their own little underground dungeon to kill people's sanity in.. which is much more diabolic. What's worse than outright killing a person? Torturing them mentally for months on end.
Edited by Fahita#1469 on 8/5/2014 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We still do way too little damage. If they had not nerfed LTK we could have been viable in Grifts but now even with the generator buffs we still suck. Ahhh and i had hope for this PTR patch. Not bothering with the monk for along time sorry.
Reply Quote
I guess the game designer even not playing monk.

So sad that monk havent balanced since 1.0.0
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 10:43 PMPosted by Fahita
I hope so. But I sorta thought / kinda expected them to totally trash proc rates among spirit generators because they increased their APS.

Aside from Odyns, which other weapon proc works without an internal cooldown? Proc rates don't mean a thing because even in live you usually attack quick enough to saturate the internal cooldown almost 100% of time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]