Diablo® III

I play a Monk, why should I buy UEE?

90 Human Priest
I've played a monk since d3 beta on PC, and have then purchased the Xbox360 version and continued that trend. I don't own RoS on PC (thank god) due to preferring the console gameplay.

But now that UEE is coming along, why should I buy it? The difference between Monks and every other class is huge, and I can see no reason to subject myself to playing a broken class in low difficulties.

And then you mention that you aren't going to patch PS3/X360 after launch. So... am I forced to buy an Xbone too?

If UEE doesn't ship with patch 2.1, you might lose a lot of customers who used to play Monks, and don't want to xfer their character over into a game that classes them as followers.
Reply Quote
If you dont own an X1 or PS4 and you really want patch support then your SOL honestly
Cuz you are correct about monk being rendered useless.
So if u will only participate in a version of D3 where monk is good then u have 3 choices
1. Get a pc
2. Get an Xbox1
3. Get a PS4
Not trying to come off as a d!#@ but sadly thats the Monkless world we live in.
You can also still get it for last gen and force urself to play monk or pick new class.
Or pic one of the 3 options above and wait a little cuz a monk buff patch is in the works
Hope that helped :)

Update- Patch 2.1 and eveything in between 2.0.5 (UEE ships with) is coming to next gen consoles (as patches further down the road)
Edited by GunMight#1430 on 8/7/2014 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/07/2014 09:14 PMPosted by GunMight
If you dont own an X1 or PS4 and you really want patch support then your SOL honestly
Cuz you are correct about monk being rendered useless.
So if u will only participate in a version of D3 where monk is good then u have 3 choices
1. Get a pc
2. Get an Xbox1
3. Get a PS4
Not trying to come off as a d!#@ but sadly thats the Monkless world we live in.
You can also still get it for last gen and force urself to play monk or pick new class.
Or pic one of the 3 options above and wait a little cuz a monk buff patch is in the works
Hope that helped :)

Haha, you're not a d*ck.

I understand it's not likely that my ideal UEE experience will be met, but at least they might realise why their sales aren't quite as high.

I'm playing the 2.1 PTR every now and then on my PC, and it's still ridiculous to compare monks to anything else. Both in damage and tankiness.

Looks like I'll be waiting to hear that they are patching xbone to 2.1 and then I'll buy one. Till then, I'm continuing with other games.
Reply Quote
08/07/2014 09:21 PMPosted by Nycros
Looks like I'll be waiting to hear that they are patching xbone to 2.1 and then I'll buy one.

Read the update on my first post. I dont think u caught it cuz i just updated it

08/07/2014 09:14 PMPosted by GunMight
Patch 2.1 and eveything in between 2.0.5 (UEE ships with) is coming to next gen consoles (as patches further down the road)
Reply Quote
You could buy the game because you enjoy playing it.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why people think the old consoles are equal to the new ones. They are very inferior in comparison. If you want up to date support, you need an up to date console. People that won't upgrade annoy the hell out of me. Those are the people that are holding this gen back. Between all the cross-gen games ( that suffer on new systems because they would have been better as a next gen only game ) and all the remakes, I am not happy so far with this new round of consoles. Upgrade people - upgrade already it's been a year.

I know I'll catch alot of hate for that ^ but its the hard truth.
Reply Quote
44 Tauren Warrior
08/08/2014 07:44 AMPosted by Azazel
I don't understand why people think the old consoles are equal to the new ones. They are very inferior in comparison. If you want up to date support, you need an up to date console. People that won't upgrade annoy the hell out of me. Those are the people that are holding this gen back. Between all the cross-gen games ( that suffer on new systems because they would have been better as a next gen only game ) and all the remakes, I am not happy so far with this new round of consoles. Upgrade people - upgrade already it's been a year.

No hate from me because I feel the same way. The old generation is coming up on 9 freaking years. It is time to move on to the current generation. It does suck that many games are held back because of cross generation porting. I am thankful that blizzard did not hold back the new generation D3 UEE besides holding back the launch to finish the game on near decade old machines.
Reply Quote
^ Me 2. I would have been SUPER pissed off if the ps3/360 held back the current gen version of UEE. Things like being able to visit different acts than others in your game and better monster density are good things to have.
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 07:44 AMPosted by Azazel

Yea, no hate here. People need to move on. But, besides just the consumers, the producers aren't all exactly trying to move on either.
Example- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
It will only ship last gen. Of course, it may have been developed for last gen, but ports aren't impossible, and regardless, they should have had the foresight that others had.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/08/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Azazel
^ Me 2. I would have been SUPER pissed off if the ps3/360 held back the current gen version of UEE. Things like being able to visit different acts than others in your game and better monster density are good things to have.

Errr, every single one of the arguments you kept bringing up for console patch support is *exactly* as valid for PS3/360 as it is for PS4/Xbone.
Reply Quote
^ Sorry flach but I am in FULL support of phasing out the ps3/360 ASAP! Everything I ever said was in line with the new consoles. The main point I kept saying was that the new consoles had done away with alot of the red tape with the patching process and that the new consoles are more than capable of doing the same things as pc does. Sorry but it's a 100% fact that the old gen is holding back the new one. Not with diablo but with all the cross gen games being made.

You can always upgrade and move your character over to the new gen later if you can't afford it right now. So its a win anyway no?
Edited by Azazel#1565 on 8/8/2014 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Well I think at least the 2.1 balances (including items and maybe legendary gems - with GR-independent levelling process) should come to old consoles too, though, imo. Probably not Greater Rifts and so on, but people on PS3 and 360 will be stuck with unfun Monk :-( I'll get the game on PS4 in any case. And btw, it'll be the first full game I'll ever buy digitally. (And I'll get the probably inevitable GOTY edition on disc.)

Anyway, I think 2.1 is going in a good direction for Monk despite some really strange decisions. I just have to repeat this: reading about the new Crusader set, combined with the Flying Dragon nerf, actually made me a little angry at the developers. 100% attack speed increase - for the class that uses a two handed weapons and a shield. And that's their *worse* set. Seriously, was that a joke? I found it somewhat offensive (well, not really offensive, but it was a facepalm moment).

But the toughness and resource stuff seems to be mostly fixed, even if in a pretty generic way, and I really e that OWE is gone. They just have to enable monks to deal actual damage (without the silly pingpong set). (This is why I can't help but see the Roland set as actually bad - because they will not copylik it for monks feature-by-feature even though it would be a much, much, much better fit than for Crusaders.)
Edited by Flachmatuch#2482 on 8/8/2014 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Oddly enough this thread is pretty relevant to my personal play experience. I'll be playing a Monk on a last-gen system for UEE, so these concerns will be on my mind while I play, and keep an eye on feedback.

The original Diablo III on console launched with content up to patch 1.0.8, but there were a number of tuning changes, including changes made to skills, that were console-specific and didn’t reflect what was live on the PC version. Ultimate Evil Edition will work the same way. While it will effectively launch with content up to patch 2.0.6, our designers did take care to do additional tuning on each class so that they would feel great on console. Because of this, it might be best to wait and see how all of those changes work together in order to tell how class balance feels.
Reply Quote
You realize that monk needs more than tuning changes, right? For instance the play style of Raiment and Jawbreaker makes many people feel physically ill due to motion sickness. Personally I can only tolerate a couple rifts of Stormbreaker. The near-legit builds monk has on PTR aren't actually using spenders because spenders aren't even worth using due to low damage and poor synergy. Only procs from sets and items are doing any damage.
Reply Quote
Keep playing vanilla man....
DAT NIRVANA !! :D
Reply Quote

View profile

What you said doesn't apply to diablo 3. So sad to see people that bought D3 not even a year ago for last gen console and now won't have any support patch wise. Can they even buy the expansion separately or do they have to dish out another 60 bucks for this UEE. Talk about getting royally screwed. Not even a year since release.........
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 11:48 AMPosted by Grimiku
I'll be playing a Monk on a last-gen system for UEE

I'd never thought I'd see the day where this would happen..

But what does it mean exactly? that you'll be playing Monk before or after the PTR ends ?
Reply Quote
44 Tauren Warrior
Oddly enough this thread is pretty relevant to my personal play experience. I'll be playing a Monk on a last-gen system for UEE, so these concerns will be on my mind while I play, and keep an eye on feedback.

The original Diablo III on console launched with content up to patch 1.0.8, but there were a number of tuning changes, including changes made to skills, that were console-specific and didn’t reflect what was live on the PC version. Ultimate Evil Edition will work the same way. While it will effectively launch with content up to patch 2.0.6, our designers did take care to do additional tuning on each class so that they would feel great on console. Because of this, it might be best to wait and see how all of those changes work together in order to tell how class balance feels.

Thank you very much I was hoping this would happen. The last time around on the console the balance was out standing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue

Brothers in Arms.

I know you guys are doing the best you can Grim and we just want our voices heard about this. What some of the posters on here don't realize is just because they have next gen consoles doesn't mean everyone does yet, they should show some respect about it instead of berating people for their choices. Things are getting really hectic around here because of that.
Reply Quote
I don't know about you, but when I get in my car and it wont start, I don't replace the air freshener first...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]