Diablo® III

Consoles Getting Patch 2.1 before PC?

Blizzard Employee
08/08/2014 02:43 PMPosted by FirePenguin
The Ultimate Evil Edition is launching in just 11 days, and I'm told the dev chat with GameSpot about the UEE (http://youtu.be/QvygnSnkk9U) indicates it will include Greater Rifts—although I have not watched the whole thing to confirm since I don't play console.

This means that either console players are getting patch 2.1 features before PC players or that the patch will be going live within the next week and a half.

Thoughts?

Ultimate Evil Edition will ship with content up to patch 2.0.5, and there will be a "day 1 patch" on all four supported platforms that bumps it to patch 2.0.6. We're planning to update the Xbox One and PS4 to patch 2.1.0 at a later date, but we haven't announced a time frame for that yet. However, I can definitely say that Ultimate Evil Edition will not be getting patch 2.1.0 before PC does.
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Grimiku
08/08/2014 02:43 PMPosted by FirePenguin
The Ultimate Evil Edition is launching in just 11 days, and I'm told the dev chat with GameSpot about the UEE (http://youtu.be/QvygnSnkk9U) indicates it will include Greater Rifts—although I have not watched the whole thing to confirm since I don't play console.

This means that either console players are getting patch 2.1 features before PC players or that the patch will be going live within the next week and a half.

Thoughts?

Ultimate Evil Edition will ship with content up to patch 2.0.5, and there will be a "day 1 patch" on all four supported platforms that bumps it to patch 2.0.6. We're planning to update the Xbox One and PS4 to patch 2.1.0 at a later date, but we haven't announced a time frame for that yet. However, I can definitely say that Ultimate Evil Edition will not be getting patch 2.1.0 before PC does.

You confirm that there will be 2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One, but you don't confirm 2.1 for PS3 and 360. Can we deduce that there won't be 2.1 for last-gen consoles or is this still being discussed?
Edited by vserra#1447 on 8/11/2014 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You confirm that there will be 2.1 for PS4 and Xbox One, but you don't confirm 2.1 for PS3 and 360. Can we deduce that there won't be 2.1 for last-gen consoles or is this still being discussed?
I believe Grimaku(or just about any blue for that matter) can only discuss info that has been cleared for release to the public by Blizzard. The 2.1.0 patch has already been confirmed in articles posted on Playstation Blox and Xbox Wire for their respective current gen consoles. Blizzard has yet to announce content support plans for PS3 and 360
Edited by noctisumbra#1452 on 8/11/2014 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/11/2014 11:44 AMPosted by vserra

Ok let's put it simply. They already stated no patch support at this time for last gen ONLY current gen.
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Hangankim
08/11/2014 11:44 AMPosted by vserra

Ok let's put it simply. They already stated no patch support at this time for last gen ONLY current gen.
When? As far as I am aware, the have online confirmed patch support for current gen, they haven't said anything regarding last gen.
Edited by noctisumbra#1452 on 8/11/2014 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
they wont tell anything about patch support for last gen because half of the people will not buy the game im pretty sure they will let us know after relase

"we wont support last gen" :DDD

for now forget about any info about it
Edited by TrickyZerg#22915 on 8/11/2014 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ty for the info it will go a long way
Reply Quote
08/11/2014 12:17 PMPosted by TrickyZerg
they wont tell anything about patch support for last gen because half of the people will not buy the game im pretty sure they will let us know after relase

"we wont support last gen" :DDD

for now forget about any info about it

This is non-sense. Diablo 3 has millions of people playing on PS3 and Xbox 360, but I bet that only around 10 thousand (counting non-registered) of those check these forums to get this information.
Edited by vserra#1447 on 8/11/2014 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it matters, because pc gamers have been doing this f'd up beta test now for 2 years.
Reply Quote
It wouldn't make any sense to put 2.1 out on console first. It's been in PTR on the PC for months now so it makes sense to put it out on PC first. I suspect that the console patch will follow a week or 2 later.
Reply Quote

There's a blue post a few messages up that confirms patch 2.0.6 for xbox 360 and ps3. It seems they can and will patch if they want to. The question is, do they want to? And why announce for two of the four consoles and not the other two?

Also, as someone who just purchased on 360, if there is differentiation this would have been helpful information to have in a more prominent place.
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Briala

There's a blue post a few messages up that confirms patch 2.0.6 for xbox 360 and ps3. It seems they can and will patch if they want to. The question is, do they want to? And why announce for two of the four consoles and not the other two?

Also, as someone who just purchased on 360, if there is differentiation this would have been helpful information to have in a more prominent place.

ROFL... 2.0.6 was part of the mandatory day one patch. They didn't confirm anything... you already got it, and that's going to be your game version.

Blizzard has EXPLICITLY said PS3 and 360 will NOT be getting content updates. Theres no hidden message, obscurity, or lack of a message. Lylira said it directly!

Blizzard stated next generation consoles on the Playstation blog, facebook, twitter, forums and even that lame xbox wire. This is all in addition to the DIRECT blizzard quote saying only next gen consoles. Besides.... Its not hard to read between the lines.
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 8/21/2014 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Sabvre
ROFL... 2.0.6 was part of the mandatory day one patch. They didn't confirm anything... you already got it, and that's going to be your game version.

Game has been out 2 days and still no 2.0.6 on next gen.. Wth is going on....
Reply Quote

So we all agree they have the capability to distribute patches on these platforms. Check.

Blizzard stated next generation consoles on the Playstation blog, facebook, twitter, forums and even that lame xbox wire. This is all in addition to the DIRECT blizzard quote saying only next gen consoles. Besides.... Its not hard to read between the lines.

I am sure I am with the vast majority of mainstream customers who do not regularly receive Blizzard news on any of those sources, nor should I have to. The place to disclose a major limitation or differentiation between versions is at the point of sale. I am staring at my retail Xbox 360 D3 packaging and I can assure you there is no "warning: will receive less support than other versions. Buy one of these other versions if you can" sticker.

I do and did receive many marketing emails directly from Blizzard for the various console versions, and none of them said that either.

Also, I'm concerned for you that you find this ROFL funny.
Reply Quote
They said that it's not possible to deliver HUGE updates on old systems.

v2.0.6 was just a couple of megabytes.

On bringing future patches to PS3/Xbox360 - "The architecture of old-gen systems makes it really difficult for us to bring large patches over to console. Thankfully, both Sony and Microsoft rocked it with the PS4 and Xbox One, so now it's much easier (and much more viable) for us to bring PC patches to those platforms". (Chat)

This is from today's Developer Stream about v2.1.0 update. (Diablofans)
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 8/21/2014 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]