Diablo® III

PS4 online coop

yup, this is crazy. The whole couch co-op means nothing to me if I can't use my own character and have all the work and gameplay saved to my character when I get back on my own PS4. I mean, this is just something that should just work in my opinion. What I think is going on is that the online service cloud is not applied to the console version of Diablo 3, which sucks, if they don't get the cloud service into the console version. Also, I believe with PS plus, we get 3gb of cloud storage, why can't Diablo 3 characters just be saved on there??? IDK.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Somebody needs to keep bumping this thread till we find a viable solution on 2 people playing on SAME PSN account.

Rithmaw , have you tried this? Some guy said he manage to do this in gamefaqs, but i keep getting error, anyone have more detail how to do this!?!

"I made a psn account on ps4 for my wife. I then went to battle.net and unlinked my psn account and changed it to my wifes new one. I imported character on her account and I'm good."

I tried to link my battlenet to my GIRLFRIEND'S PSN account, but i keep getting error.

There was no mention of having to "unlinked" MY psn account though, i already did the export to my psn and hopefully i can do the export to her PSN name too.

Any clarification if this actually worked? This needed to be sticked! There are tons of upset girlfriend/wifes/daughters out there!!
Reply Quote
Not to detract from the importance of multiple players on the same console needing to be able to play online together and not being able to atm...

but the fact that single players cannot connect and play with their friends online is an even bigger issue atm imo...
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
I keep having problems linking my gf account to battlenet.

Like i would get a error, or just BIG WORLDS saying "Welcome ******"

And thats it!

arghhhhh come on blizzard give us a answer
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
gotaplanstan, both issues are pretty major. i guess you don't play co-op with your wife or gf, i mean she is UPSET she can't use her level 60 characters.

There is MANY couples who got Diablo because co-op is lacking overall, especially ps4.

WTF, if this was going to be such a problem, Blzzard could of told us this EARILER, i would of bought the ps3 version instead.

I am hoping the guy from gamefaqs figure it out, and thats how you do it. I keep getting issue linking her account to battlenet.
Reply Quote
35 Undead Warlock
Guys all you need to do to get your save file on a different ps4 than you originally played on is to download your save file from the cloud. After you play diablo 3 it auto uploads your save file to the cloud. Now when you get back home or whatever you need to download the save file from the cloud so diablo 3 can read your profile locally.
Reply Quote
@pookee,

How do you upload your character to the cloud and how do you download it to the other ps4 console to use?
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
pookee, does your solution also helps out with 2 people trying to play on single PSN issue?
Thanks
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Tammybrunt
gotaplanstan, both issues are pretty major. i guess you don't play co-op with your wife or gf, i mean she is UPSET she can't use her level 60 characters.

There is MANY couples who got Diablo because co-op is lacking overall, especially ps4.

WTF, if this was going to be such a problem, Blzzard could of told us this EARILER, i would of bought the ps3 version instead.

I am hoping the guy from gamefaqs figure it out, and thats how you do it. I keep getting issue linking her account to battlenet.

except the problem I mentioned affects both solo and group players when trying to play online

I don't understand why focusing on the lesser of 2 problems (which share the same source afaik) is beneficial in any way
Reply Quote
Same old story, support for ps4 is just not ready, cannot find public games, cannot export friends character to his own ps4, cannot view the link from battlenet to ps4 (i believe there isnt any, only once there is a short interaction where you get a ring after that only psn supports diablo online) etc etc luckily there is local play this time, so no dropouts from the game.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
wow why so argumental?

this problem is a HUGE DEAL for most people, and it already looks like you have a solution.

geeze i can't stand people like you, playing co-op with my gf online was the ONLY REASON we got this game..and apparantly many others too.

just stick with trying to fix the issue besides acting all high and mighty.

i guess you don't have a gf huh? geeze chill.
Edited by jimmy675#1235 on 8/20/2014 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
firstly, "argumental" isn't a word

secondly, you're*

thirdly, I never said it wasn't a big deal... I said focusing on making a big deal out of the wrong problem is a problem... you should be focusing on the problem I mentioned, since it causes your problem too

and lastly, perhaps you should try to relax and stop cussing and acting a fool... you aren't helping anybody, including yourself
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Tammybrunt
i guess you don't have a gf huh? geeze chill.

ASSumptions much?
Reply Quote
Morning guys. Firstly new to forum's and diablo so please forgive not knowing bits and pieces. Right here goes. Me and wife played diablo last night. 1 ps4 on sofa. Loved it. Both got to level 12 in a couple of hours great. But turned on this morning and only my saved character is there. What do I have to do to get the second players character to save with all her loot and level etc.
Many thanks
Reply Quote
Slash. dide she use the guest account or her own PSN Account?
Edited by McGloin#1981 on 8/21/2014 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi all, my previous post wasn't entirely correct - it has now been edited. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused! For PS4 and Xbox One users, please take note of the new information which was shared there which concerns having the host console set as the Primary (Home) console.

Additionally @Roman:

08/20/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Roman
Having also problems playing coop together with my wife online. We didn't play D3 on PS3 or Xbox360, so we're starting completely new on PS4.

I have PS+ and connected my SEN Account to Battlenet (I had that one from my PC games)
I created a new PS4 User for my wife and created an SEN Account for her too
I connected my wifes new SEN Account to an also newly created Battlenet Account from her.

The situation now is, that when I'm opening a new game, and so I'm the leader she can add to the char titel screen though, but gets an error that she need to obtain an SEN account in order to play online (which in fact she already has).

The strange thing is - if she starts Diablo3 and creats a new game I can join the char titel screen by klicking X without any error messages. We're even able to join other online games together.

If a user has PS+ the game is made Online Friends Only by default. Any local user can join, but if they are not signed in to an SEN account OR don't have PS+ (or if no person with PS+ has set the PS4 as a Primary), they'll need to do so OR the game can be set to a LAN game.

In your case Roman, if you are the player making the game party and your wife is dropping in, either she is not signed in to her SEN account on the PS4, OR it’s possible that you did not make the PS4 your Primary PS4.

The other player can continue and bump the game down to a LAN game. However, if she was the one to make the game party, then it is already set to a LAN game mode in which case you should be able to join. However, if she tries to change it to an Online mode, she'll be asked to either sign in to her SEN account, or if she is already signed in, to sign up for PS Plus.

In the first case, your wife simply needs to make sure she is set up to auto-sign-in to PSN. In the latter case - she is asked to sign up for PS Plus - then you will need to set the console as your Primary PS4. That should resolve any issues and then you can both play online together.

I hope that helps! Please be sure to check the edited post I linked above. Thank you!
Edited by Araxom on 8/21/2014 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Priest
Many coop are having the same problem
PS3 to PS4 coop play is broken
Read this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13918581757?page=1#8

It is a fundamental difference between PS3 and PS4.
PS3 allows 4 controllers with no additional user accounts required.
PS4 requires an account for every new controller to save game data.
-a new user account is required if you want to play local coop on the PS4
-a new user account is not required if you want to play local coop on the PS3

Because the PS4 requires a new user account per player in Diablo3 RoS there is no place to transfer the coop players to except the primary PSN user account on the PS4.

You'll get all your characters but you'll never be able to play coop with them again
...unless Blizzard changes this by allowing local character sharing... idk

Its not just me tho. There are others. Families. People who picked up Diablo3 simply because its the best couch driven multiplayer RPGs.

Blizzard should make this Crystal clear.
PS3 to PS4 coop play is broken.
The function does not exist

Silver lining...
Power leveling is incredibly easy.
Saving grace
Reply Quote
This new way of paying local co-op SUCKS!

Why couldn't it remain the same as in the ps3?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]