Diablo® III

weapon/armor upgrade on UI

Hoping someone can clarify if this is at all similar to the PC for UEE, but on the PC when you go to your inventory you can clearly see that the dps, armor, or health of a piece of armor or weapon is a upgrade or downgrade and it will list by how much.

What I have seen on the PC is it lists the numbers in red or green but with a percentage of what you have equipped. On the console I have only seen the the graphic of the green or red triangles showing if its a good or bad upgrade, but no actual numbers.

Can we actually see these, or are we forced to equip, then look at character stats and do the match removing and adding. I doubt that is the case, but I figured someone must of seen this already..
Reply Quote
View profile
If you play the game "seriously" in any way, you are forced to do the math in any case, because neither dps nor toughness can be expressed one-dimensionally, with a single number. Certainly in late game. A lot of the most important stuff is not represented on sheet damage/defense and again - you need to know your own style and goals to decide what's more important to you and what works best for your with a given build. What you ask for is - thankfully - not even possible. If it was, Diablo 3 wouldn't be worth playing. The little hints are imo more misleading than useful, especially later in the game.
Edited by Flachmatuch#2482 on 8/15/2014 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you play the game "seriously" in any way, you are forced to do the math in any case, ............... What you ask for is - thankfully - not even possible. If it was, Diablo 3 wouldn't be worth playing. The little hints are imo more misleading than useful, especially later in the game.

A bit confused by your response. I've only played the demo on pc to get a idea for the classes, and watch twitch A LOT and i see the PC players with it showing the % of dps or armor increase. It appears it does not do this on the console.

I'm just asking if it does and I haven't noticed? The UI is a bit different. Am I a serious player.. No, but still seeing a percentage increase while leveling is a lot better than seeing 2 or 3 green/red arrows for easy equip.
Reply Quote
View profile
Sorry, I didn't want to be a smartass (I can't help it though...I *am* a patronising smartass so please forgive me), just wanted to say that both the little arrows and the % numbers can be really misleading. I think you should get used to the math part of the game and just ignore the percentages/little arrows and check the detailed stats for yourself, that's all.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/15/2014 05:24 AMPosted by Miggs
Can we actually see these, or are we forced to equip, then look at character stats and do the match removing and adding. I doubt that is the case, but I figured someone must of seen this already..

Yes, in UEE you can compare item numbers in the inventory! Just open the inventory menu, and select the item that you want to compare. At the bottom of the menu there is a display that will show you what button to press to use the Compare option (I think it's X or Square). It will list all of the numbers of the selected item side by side with what you currently have equipped for that slot.
Reply Quote
Thank you very much Grimiku. I guess I just didnt see anyone doing that during the streams in the past couple days or during some youtube demos and just using the quick equip as they played.

I tend to take a closer look in town. Glad to read that!
Reply Quote
Hello Blizzard,i have a big problem.I play on diablo 3 public test realm.My brother say go on region europe i go.And what i see my heroes,levels,gold,paragon,items deleted.I play on The americas can help me to remove my heroes,items,paragon,levels,gold.
Reply Quote
08/15/2014 07:50 AMPosted by Grimiku
It will list all of the numbers of the selected item side by side with what you currently have equipped for that slot.

Hi, Grimiku. I think also what the OP was asking was does UEE feature the actual wording "toughness" and such, like on the PC side, where it shows the percentage increase(s) for the categories. The little arrows are one thing, and extremely helpful, but the actual increase to damage, toughness, et al. - is that shown as a percentage anywhere in the UI for item comparisons?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
08/15/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Arctor
08/15/2014 07:50 AMPosted by Grimiku
It will list all of the numbers of the selected item side by side with what you currently have equipped for that slot.

Hi, Grimiku. I think also what the OP was asking was does UEE feature the actual wording "toughness" and such, like on the PC side, where it shows the percentage increase(s) for the categories. The little arrows are one thing, and extremely helpful, but the actual increase to damage, toughness, et al. - is that shown as a percentage anywhere in the UI for item comparisons?

Thanks!

Well yes and no. I mean I like the quick equip feature they have that comes up on the screen, but but it shows a symbol instead of the word, and that's perfectly fine. I know which is which. I was asking about the graphical difference on the green and red triangles they use on the main screen and if on the inventory screen it lets me compare a little better in what the % increase is.

I was thinking later, and maybe this is documented somewhere (although I did not see it on the main site or wiki) but is a looted weapon has 1 green up triangle (meaning its a upgrade). what does that represent in range? Does 1 green for an upgrade mean .01 % to 4.99% and 2 green is 5.0% to 14.99% and 3 green is 15.00 and higher. Obviously I'm tossing out random numbers, but for the sakes of understanding the UI it would be good to know.
Reply Quote
08/15/2014 02:12 PMPosted by Miggs
Obviously I'm tossing out random numbers, but for the sakes of understanding the UI it would be good to know.

Yep, agreed. I've always wanted to know what a single green triangle represented. Obviously 3 is better than 1, but what does 3 really mean, since there is no 4? It seems like the top-end range of the 3 triangle display could be pretty huge.
Reply Quote
he said you have to make some count with the arm weppen streight agility make some diff , sorry me french how to be more accurent more damaging ect ect
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]