Diablo® III

Anyone else think grift trials need to be fixed?

Hotfixed! Greatly appreciate the new, fast trials.
Reply Quote
just did a modified trial:

-much better, i was doing lvl 27 in like 4 wave's
-level 37 trial gave me a lvl 32 key, if I remember correct. This matches a lot closer to the grift I can handle then previously, where I had to work my way up from level 25-27.

only thing that would be a welcome add for our HC players, would be a notification in the top right corner of the screen, what wave / difficulty is going on. It can become hard and dangerous pretty fast now, I tend to forget what wave I am in :P

all in all a real welcome change, I think my trial took me around 3 minutes at most.

good job !
Edited by RobinHood#2166 on 8/21/2014 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well it feels stupid to make a "test" which implements on which lvl i can get.

• Level System:
  • -With my DH i set up the turrets and if i dont die by own stupidity wave 30+ is fkn easy.
    But it takes soooo long.

-With my Monk ever stupid monsters run away and i sometimes have bad luck and can only do lvl 14 wave because one stupid monster escaped somewhere i didnt see it.

• While doin Grift:
  • - it is kinda senseless to increase my portal much if i will get 100% gem crafting 3 times.
    So if i want to think about leveling my gems the fastest way, i cripple around with much to easy grifts the whole time. I never do difficult grifts before i get my gems on lvl 25. So i will not realy have fun a very long time.

Its like farming a portal key on t6 rift, to do a fkn easy grift, wont do the next grift lvl because i want to increase my gems.

Suggested solution:
    Everytime you do a grift lvl, you MAY chose:
    -3 times Gem crafting
    -increasing your portal to a grift lvl which i get recommended (like grift lvl 26 if i did grift lvl 20 in notime)
    -chose to only increase the new portal stone by one lvl AND get one chance to use gem crafting
    f.e.: I did grift lvl 20, it was easy for me. I have a gem which is lvl 10. So i increase my gem once to lvl 11 AND get a grift stone lvl 21. I follow this way to grift 24. That would be 3 times increasing my Gem to a lvl 13gem + increasing my lvl of my gem stone.

How it is at the moment:
    Now it is like doing lvl 20 grift, increase my gem to lvl 13. My stone disappears.
    I need to do another t6 rift and MAYBE i get a new portal, if not i have to do two of them.
    Then i need to do a stupid test again. After that, i can do a lvl 20 grift again.
    So i need to do one lvl 20 grift + in average 2 t6 rifts + another stupid test to get +3 and will be in another grift again. Thats just annoying.

Edit: ehm wasnt online yet, heard about a change. Maybe what i said isnt actual anymore.
    Edited by Yerude#2470 on 8/21/2014 6:51 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    PROPOSAL:

1. Remove GR Key levels (a GR token is the same always, so now you can stack them and leave them in the vault, use them like regular rift keys, etc).
    2. All GRifts start at level 1
    3. At the end of the GRift you get two portals:
    A. Portal A: Takes you to the next GR level (i.e. level + 1)
    B. Portal B: Takes you to a calculated level based upon your performance (i.e. Level + X)

This way you don't need trial rifts, nor do you need tiered GR keys. In addition the player gets to choose if they want to progress through GR's quickly to get to a high rank, or slowly to enjoy the ride/drops/etc.
    Reply Quote
    08/21/2014 07:48 AMPosted by kozikuru
    PROPOSAL:

1. Remove GR Key levels (a GR token is the same always, so now you can stack them and leave them in the vault, use them like regular rift keys, etc).
    B. Portal B: Takes you to a calculated level based upon your performance (i.e. Level + X)

This way you don't need trial rifts, nor do you need tiered GR keys. In addition the player gets to choose if they want to progress through GR's quickly to get to a high rank, or slowly to enjoy the ride/drops/etc.

no tnx, i much rather do the modified trials, instead of having to do a grift level1 all the time.
    Reply Quote
    08/21/2014 02:13 AMPosted by RobinHood
    just did a modified trial:

-much better

Yep. Same here. Thanks for listening.
    Reply Quote
    08/21/2014 09:01 AMPosted by RobinHood
    08/21/2014 07:48 AMPosted by kozikuru
    PROPOSAL:

no tnx, i much rather do the modified trials, instead of having to do a grift level1 all the time.

Which is quicker -- a lvl 1 GRift or a set of trials?

At least in GR1 you will get a reward before jumping up to a more reasonable difficulty.
    Reply Quote
    08/21/2014 09:44 AMPosted by kozikuru
    Which is quicker -- a lvl 1 GRift or a set of trials?

in the fixed trials, the trials are faster.

not only is it faster, but also -alot- less boring then grift level 1, the difficulty now ramps up quickly.
    Edited by RobinHood#2166 on 8/21/2014 10:20 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    What do you guys think about my suggestion?

I would suggest that blizzard does a few things:

First of all show us a chart that relates torment difficult to ~ G Rift Difficulty

Now, make a change in torment difficulties saying that if you create a trial rift in lets say t1 then you start at wave 1. Also, if you make a trial rift in t6 then you start at wave 30.

Furthermore, make a risk factor for the player. If they cannot complete the first wave of any trial rift, then they lose the token and chances of a grift token altogether, and get another normal rift fragment. This way, players can't exploit getting high lvl grift tokens by going into t6 dying to the first wave and getting the minimum token as a reward.

Also for HC, this is not very exploitable because going to t6 and starting on wave 30 could potentially kill you. You're gonna start slow and find your comfort zone and then see what torment that puts you in using the blizzard provided chart.
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    08/20/2014 10:03 PMPosted by wilson

Glad you're enjoying the newly hotfixed Rift of Trials! Let us know how the pacing feels, and whether the Greater Rift Keystone you get matches up more closely to what you're comfortable doing.
    Reply Quote
    08/21/2014 04:49 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Glad you're enjoying the newly hotfixed Rift of Trials! Let us know how the pacing feels, and whether the Greater Rift Keystone you get matches up more closely to what you're comfortable doing.

Are they hotfixed for everyone? I did a GR Trial an hour ago to see the change people are talking about, and it was the same...
    Edited by Zzat#1977 on 8/21/2014 4:56 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

It's great.. much much better, and the keys I get are more in line with my highest completable rift than either of the previous iterations.

Just one thing - the new progression through trials isn't there everytime I play. It was earlier, and recently when I logged in to test it out more, it was back to the old system.
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    08/21/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Zzat
    Are they hotfixed for everyone? I did a GR Trial an hour ago to see the change people are talking about, and it was the same...

If it is like all their other hotfixes that are pushed to the server, you will have to remake a game for the hotfix to take in effect. So your game might still be on a game server where the hotfix hasn't been done yet.
    Reply Quote
    Much better could actually be more convenient then fixed grift level token drops when you get some good groups going.
    Reply Quote

So an hour later my trial rifts are still one wave at a time...

want to test.. cant test because of? I've restarted my computer even but still one wave at a time.
    Reply Quote
    The process was pretty sporadic for me. I think it still needs to be tweaked a little.
    First time I logged in today and tried and it was great, went up to wave 24 after doing like 5-6 rounds. The next time I tried I still had to slog through the first 15 waves even though I was doing them quickly. Then it suddenly jumped up to round 24.

The way it assigned rift keystones was the same. Both times I failed on round 27 but got two different ranks (21 and 18).
    Reply Quote
    This will get out of hand fast and kill a lot of hardcore players if it isn't monitored somehow. Notification of upcoming wave difficulty needs to be a thing. If I get a good run at lvl 23 and catapult to a level that I'm not at all comfortable in I'll need the warning to take it easy.
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    Hardcore deaths in a trial should be nullified. No reward should = no risk IMO.
    Reply Quote
    The way I understand it currently, if you kill the grift guardian you still get an upgrade chance.
    Whether you complete on time or not. In this fail grift and kill guardian scenario it appears abuse will be very possible, just to upgrade gems faster. It will be quite easy for a group to wave roll the trial to a high grift key. open the grift and fail the time, just to kill the guardian. NPC spawns and the majority of the gems will have a very good if not 100% chance to upgrade, at least up to lvl 20 or so.
    It won't take good groups or good solo players long to figure this out, as some already have done this.
    Rapid upgrading of gems means it's not a power creep, but a power surge enabling even higher trials to complete and award higher grifts to fail for upgrade chances.
    I can see it already, hope you dev guys do as well.
    Reply Quote
    @blackarrows: FUN POLICE!!!! :p
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]